Got Limes?

With the recent news stories about the lime shortage, I was wondering if I need to pack my own limes. It just won't be the same vacation without a lime in my Mexican beer. Has anyone sailed recently and were limes generously offered with drinks? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

considering the price of limes here ... January they were $14 a case in April they were $100 for the same case. Limes for any drinks are now slivers not wedges,,, considering a lot of people don't squeeze them for the flavour and we toss them out they are only by request,

No limes on the Splendor in April.

We are leaving on Splendor on Monday and the lst thing I was going to do was order a mojito. They make the BEST. Tell me this is NOT TRUE! :eek::(

They've gone up in ours. Just saw them for $1.50 each!
$1.79 the other day in NE NJ. For ONE LIME!!! :confused::confused:

With the recent news stories about the lime shortage, I was wondering if I need to pack my own limes. It just won't be the same vacation without a lime in my Mexican beer. Has anyone sailed recently and were limes generously offered with drinks? Thanks.

If you plan on bringing limes, make sure you put them in your checked luggage. Last year I brought 3 on Carnival Freedom in my carry on and they took them away from me. Waaahhhhh. (But, I got some from the bar - there was no lime shortage then).

Pack limes in checked luggage? Seems like contraband. Since we are booked in a cove balcony, maybe my DH can toss them to me from the dock unseen. :rolleyes: Do I need to hide them when I am onboard? Feels like I'm doing something naughty by squeezing a lime in my beer. LOL

You should be able to bring them on. You won't be able to bring them off.

Plan accordingly.

We brought limes with us in March, before the scarcity. We have our own lime trees.

I've seen several posts on this board from people saying they didn't get limes with their drinks onboard.

Here in Oklahoma Limes are $1.74 a piece. I have several recipies that I use lime juice in so I'm going to start using bottled.

I'm sure you can bring limes on board to use in your cabin, but you won't be able to hand one to a bartender and ask them to make you a mojito. They are not allowed to use any food products that didn't come from their supply.

Someone asked John Heald last week about having the chefs use some specialty food product they were wanting to have and he said they couldn't due to health department regulations.

According to my daughter, who lives and works in Mexico, there is no shortage of limes. Limes are considered a staple food there since they are used on almost everything by the locals. The price increase is just another way to line someone else's pockets. She said there is talk of passing a law that prohibits such huge increases on food staples like limes.

We were both on the Conquest last week and received limes in our drinks.

I just purchased some at our Grocery Outlet store 3 for $1, and they were a decent size, a couple of weeks ago they didn't have any on the shelf, so things seem to be turning around some.

The fish taco restaurant chain Rubios has a sign up here in San Diego that says there are no limes now available that "meet their standards" so they are no longer including them in their food preparation.

I didn't realize the shortage was that bad!!

Prices , on the other hand have skyrocketed so that my lime loving husband has had to switch to lemons.:eek:

This week on Imagination, I had lemons in my bloody marys except for one time when I got a kind of sad looking little lime wedge.

Was on the Splendor last week and no limes.Margaritaville in Grand Turk had them.Limes here in upstate NY are $1.67 each.

Laura

Will be on Splendor on Monday. Was planning on getting a mojito first thing...:confused::(:eek:

The lime emergency is ending, but will take some time for the prices to come all the way down again. Here in Cali, they are still pretty cheap, never were as high as some regions.

You can definitely tell the price of limes have gone up. I was in the supermarket the other day and for singles they were $1.25 for one. The ones in the mesh bag was over $7.99, and the limes seemed smaller than usual.

The lime emergency is ending, but will take some time for the prices to come all the way down again. Here in Cali, they are still pretty cheap, never were as high as some regions.

The organic limes are $1.49 at our local Vons.

They're free off my tree, lol.

Pack limes in checked luggage? Seems like contraband. Since we are booked in a cove balcony, maybe my DH can toss them to me from the dock unseen. :rolleyes: Do I need to hide them when I am onboard? Feels like I'm doing something naughty by squeezing a lime in my beer. LOL

The security lady acted like I was bringing hand grenades on - she looked at me very seriously when she took them out of my carry on with the wine and said "you can't bring them on board". I said "you're kidding, right" - but Nooooooo. You know how some of the security people can be - they really take their job seriously. Anyway, that's what happened to me so if you want to bring limes on you can carry them on and take your chances or pack them in checked luggage and be sure of getting them. I doubt they will take them out of checked luggage.