Resident rate half the price of BOGOHO

I was looking at booking a cruise in January 2015 out of Galveston. I was surprised that the BOGOHO fare was more than we paid for our upcoming cruise in July! So I went back, put in our Texas residency, and the rate is half the price FOR THE SAME CRUISE. The RCCL website doesn't show you this, but other travel sites/warehouse club stores will show you both rates. Buyer beware ;)

I was looking at booking a cruise in January 2015 out of Galveston. I was surprised that the BOGOHO fare was more than we paid for our upcoming cruise in July! So I went back, put in our Texas residency, and the rate is half the price FOR THE SAME CRUISE. The RCCL website doesn't show you this, but other travel sites/warehouse club stores will show you both rates. Buyer beware ;)

Well supposedly, if you sign in to your account, and put in all the applicable things, senior, residency, etc, the website *should* give you the lowest price that is possible with your variables.

So if you logged in first, and put in your eligible discounts, you should have seen the lowest price available, whatever it is. If you just log in without the available discounts, it will just show you what you have available, in this case, the bogoho.

Edited by marci22

"should" and reality are very different outcomes when we're talking about the RCCL website ;)

I tried what you suggested, and I keep getting this error after choosing my stateroom category (E1/D1): "Error- Sorry, the information you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

"should" and reality are very different outcomes when we're talking about the RCCL website ;)

I tried what you suggested, and I keep getting this error after choosing my stateroom category (E1/D1): "Error- Sorry, the information you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

So you log in and it won't give you a price?

When I price staterooms, I log in and I enter month(s) and ship. I don't add anything else until I have selected the date. Then I add in # of people and my state.

Sometimes if you add it all at the beginning the website flips out.

(or I may enter port of departure and date range. It seems like when you put everything in you want, you get back 462 choices. So I try to limit it.)

Edited by marci22

It gives me a price (still the BOGOHO deal- double the resident rate) but won't let me select a cabin, and instead gives me this error. That's ok, I prefer to book through a TA anyway. I just wanted to bring the price discrepancy to my fellow cruiser's attention!

So it turns out the price I was seeing on the 3rd party websites was an error; whenever I tried to actually select a cabin, the price would jump back up to the BOGOHO price. So I spent an hour on the phone on Saturday with my TA and they were as perplexed as I was. Realizing that this was a good deal, but not as good of a deal as I wanted, I looked at other departure dates to see if I could get the price I wanted. I was able to book a hump balcony for an October 2015 sailing for about $1400 with gratuities/taxes and $70 OBC! I'm a happy camper! :D We will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary as well!

RCL changed the E1/D1 category to a minimum of three people in the cabin during high season starting with May, 2015, so if you are trying to book with only two people, it may be blocking you because of that.