Promotional Free Upgrades/Champagne

Actually, I didn't book the cruise specifically for this promo, but nice nonetheless. I have an OV obstructed cabin on the Crown that I like, but there is that free upgrade offer...I assume I can get it changed if I don't like the upgrade? I assume it would be to another OV obstructed although there aren't that many of them...

Also, since we're going to purchase the alcohol package, we may not need the champagne... Can we exchange it for OBC? I think it's up to $60, so pretty substantial...

Thanks!

Actually, I didn't book the cruise specifically for this promo, but nice nonetheless. I have an OV obstructed cabin on the Crown that I like, but there is that free upgrade offer...I assume I can get it changed if I don't like the upgrade? I assume it would be to another OV obstructed although there aren't that many of them...

Also, since we're going to purchase the alcohol package, we may not need the champagne... Can we exchange it for OBC? I think it's up to $60, so pretty substantial...

Thanks!

The free upgrade generally means that you can purchase the highest category in a meta (obstructed OV or whatever) at the lowest category's price. In effect, they're selling all the categories in a meta for the same price. I do believe that the deposit would become non-refundable with this promotion. And yes, you can trade the bottle for OBC.

Isn't it a best location upgrade?

This is one thing I don't like about Princess, it's their opinion of what an upgrade is. We got fooled the first time and I should have listened to Mary but I didn't. We were on the Baja deck and got upgraded to Aloha, right above us was the big screen (MUTS). We could hear chairs being dragged across the deck, people clomping here and there, and the movies and music was so loud we couldn't think straight. It was very annoying - and we had to endure all that from San Francisco to Hawaii and back.

This next cruise, was the same thing, they automatically upgraded us to the Aloha deck from the Caribe deck. This time I was prepared to tell them NO! I called and told them to give me back the cabin we booked. Unless they wanted to upgrade us to a suite, IMHO that would be a bonifide upgrade. Haven't heard back from them and we leave in 2 weeks.

My TA was told by the Princess rep the free champagne offer applies only to sailings departing 2014. We booked today for a 2015 departure and were told no bubbly. I don't see anything in the fine print about 2014 sailings only. Should I go back to Princess and ask for it again?

My TA was told by the Princess rep the free champagne offer applies only to sailings departing 2014. We booked today for a 2015 departure and were told no bubbly. I don't see anything in the fine print about 2014 sailings only. Should I go back to Princess and ask for it again?

Although the fine print does not say that about the offer itself, all the cruises listed for the promotion sail in 2014.

I called on this yesterday because it is a price drop of $30 pp on our 5-day in November. The rep told me we couldn't take obc instead of the champagne, and once we re-fare the booking becomes completely non-refundable. So for $60 and a bottle of champagne we won't drink, we decided to leave our booking as-is. But if we can get some obc as well as the price drop, it might be worth it. We'll have to call back and see if we get a different answer.

• 2 weeks later...

So, would we need to ask for the OBC instead of the champagne now or ask for it on board? I know it seems silly, but DH is the only drinker out of the 3 of us, and he doesn't like champagne. So, I'd rather him be able to get a few mixed drinks than that.

And, thanks to the OP for putting this out there, I'd have had no idea we could do this! Thank you!

So, would we need to ask for the OBC instead of the champagne now or ask for it on board? I know it seems silly, but DH is the only drinker out of the 3 of us, and he doesn't like champagne. So, I'd rather him be able to get a few mixed drinks than that.

And, thanks to the OP for putting this out there, I'd have had no idea we could do this! Thank you!

Don't thank me yet! We have to wait until we are onboard... we may be able to get OBC or switch for a specialty restaurant. It's worth a try.

We just booked B2B's for next month and I forgot to ask about the champaign. Where I saw the "Celebrating the Regal" promo about the champaign it sounded as though any new booking qualified but we are used to freely not qualifying for any promos since we usually book last minute cruises.

Does anyone know if any new booking qualifies or maybe new bookings for this year only as opposed to only certain cruises?

Terry

Does anyone know if any new booking qualifies or maybe new bookings for this year only as opposed to only certain cruises?

Terry

NOPE. Just got confirmation...No free Champagne for us, our promo didn't include it.

They really need to work on the wording of some of these promos as this one appeared to me that everyone who booked any cruise during the right timeframe would get it. It's only a bottle of champagne to celebrate the launch of the Regal Princess but No celebrating for us!

It does confirm in my mind though that we got a steal of a deal on our cabins!

Terry