Iced coffee recipe?

Never made it myself on board because the coffee isn't the greatest and it would be a hassle to find a large enough cup with a lid to mix it. I usually just buy it from the specialty coffee shop. Way easier and better that way.

I make this all the time. Grab a large plastic cup from a bar on Lido and a straw. Fill glass with ice, then pour coffee over and put in your cream and sugar or however you like your coffee. Another alternative: Get the glass and the straw, put in your coffee, put in some vanilla soft serve ice cream and let it melt almost completely, then add some ice and a pack of sugar if you like your coffee sweet. You can top THAT off with a dollop of chocolate soft serve if you wish. You can also put a shot of Kahlua or Irish Cream in it! :p;):) I make this all the time. :D

I bring my large plastic glass, put in about 1/3to 1/2 of hot coffe, add a few healthy scoops of powdered cappaccino mix to dissolve. Add some creamer, sweetner if desired, fill the rest of the glass with ice. It made an excellent cool drink in the hot Caribbean. Had several comments (good) as people wanted to know where I got it:)

Obviously the posters aren't iced coffee people like we are! Haha.....pouring brewed coffee over ice just makes really really weak watered down coffee. :p

I bring Starbucks VIA instant packets and mix with a little bit of hot water to dissolve. Then add cold water to taste and whatever cream/sugar you'd like.

The VIA is pretty intense flavor, but you could use two packets with a little hot water to make it stronger, then add water. It works really nicely and is much less expensive than the coffee bar.

Enjoy your trip!

Susan

The secret to making iced coffee that isn't just lukewarm watery coffee full of melted ice:

After you fill the glass with ice, take a metal knife and slide it into the cup, down to the bottom. As you pour the coffee into the glass, pour it over the knife - then remove the knife quickly. The metal will absorb much of the coffee's heat, allowing your ice to cool the coffee, instead of melting right away from the coffee's heat. You can then add your cream & sugar if you like. And a straw, always a straw.

Obviously the posters aren't iced coffee people like we are! Haha.....pouring brewed coffee over ice just makes really really weak watered down coffee. :p

I bring Starbucks VIA instant packets and mix with a little bit of hot water to dissolve. Then add cold water to taste and whatever cream/sugar you'd like.

The VIA is pretty intense flavor, but you could use two packets with a little hot water to make it stronger, then add water. It works really nicely and is much less expensive than the coffee bar.

Enjoy your trip!

Susan

I will have to try that next time! Thanks!