Getaway, Breeze or Caribbean Princess?

FLUFFLULA

My DH and I (early 60's) are unsure which cruise to take in mid-August to the Caribbean. We know August is HOT but my DH teaches online courses and doesn't want to worry about accessing the course while traveling. We've been to St. Thomas, St. Marten and Nassau many times, but a new ship--Getaway--would be fun to try. Breeze and Caribbean Princess have similar itineraries with a couple of new ports, but we were on Caribbean Princess last fall, in Canada/New England. Breeze is also newer and we like Carnival, but we are't sure Carnival is the best choice for us.

Can't speak to any Carnival ships because I have never cruised with anyone but Princess. My personal evaluation of Princess is "classy without being snobby".

So of course I will say do Princess!!!

I am cruising on the Caribbean Princess for the first time in late August for 9 days, and am looking forward to trying out another Princess ship.

My DH and I (early 60's) are unsure which cruise to take in mid-August to the Caribbean. We know August is HOT but my DH teaches online courses and doesn't want to worry about accessing the course while traveling. We've been to St. Thomas, St. Marten and Nassau many times, but a new ship--Getaway--would be fun to try. Breeze and Caribbean Princess have similar itineraries with a couple of new ports, but we were on Caribbean Princess last fall, in Canada/New England. Breeze is also newer and we like Carnival, but we are't sure Carnival is the best choice for us.

That's quite a selection. It sounds like you love the big ships. Have you considered Oasis or Allure of the Seas? In my opinion, those 2 are at the top of the competition.

But between your choices, I would book in this order....Getaway, Breeze, Caribbean Princess. Of those 3, the only ship I haven't set foot on is Getaway. Breeze isn't typical Carnival because they got away from the usual hideous Carnival interior designs. Caribbean Princess...nothing stood out as unique or different. But looking at what Getaway offers, that ship appeals to me the most out of those 3.

That's quite a selection. It sounds like you love the big ships. Have you considered Oasis or Allure of the Seas? In my opinion, those 2 are at the top of the competition.

But between your choices, I would book in this order....Getaway, Breeze, Caribbean Princess. Of those 3, the only ship I haven't set foot on is Getaway. Breeze isn't typical Carnival because they got away from the usual hideous Carnival interior designs. Caribbean Princess...nothing stood out as unique or different. But looking at what Getaway offers, that ship appeals to me the most out of those 3.

Yes, we (me mostly) like the big ships and thoroughly enjoyed Allure and Oasis last year, but DH wants to do a different ship this time. Getaway does sound like a great new experience especially since we've never been on an NCL ship--just those pesky same old ports . . . Good info about Breeze too.

Thanks.