$140 to upgrade from PR (deck 8) to OV (deck 6)?

I am three weeks out from sailing and prices on OV just went down! We paid $730 for a nice midships PR on deck 8. We could pay an extra $70pp to upgrade to a G OV (probably 6208, which is all the way forward). Is it worth it...? What would you do?

Opinions appreciated!

Edited by kahcarre
add cabin locatin

We've had the PR, OV and balcony. I like people watching from our room with the promenade. It's a neat experience. Plus you can watch the parades from your window and not have to deal with the crowds! I would stay in PR. Don't really like looking at the ocean through a window and most of the time they are dirty....well at least on the one we were in on carnival!

I wouldn't. The window would just taunt me with it's view and not being able to walk outside. I'll do inside, promenade (where available), or balcony, but ocean view holds no interest for me. JMO, YMMV.

I would not change for an oceanview at that cost. We have enjoyed an occasional PR cabin but prefer to have a balcony. An OV is simply a tease and I would not enjoy spending more to see water. I would simply save the money as there are plenty of places onboard to view the water from inside as well as outside. If its not from our own private balcony I am not going to pay more for it.

On our last cruise on FOTS, we had the PR on Deck 6. Never again. The noise of the parades and music kept us up at night (6615) and my daughter & SIL who had a PR (6613). However, my other SIL and her DH had a balcony room (6610) across from my daughter and couldn't hear a thing.

I also caught the "gentleman" across watching me in our room and closed my curtains. Even though I always closed the curtains while undressing, it gave me the creeps.

The plus side to a PR is that we were able to tell when our "room mates" came back to the room, while enjoying a mocha at the table next to the Cupcake Cupboard. LOL

On our last cruise on FOTS, we had the PR on Deck 6. Never again. The noise of the parades and music kept us up at night (6615) and my daughter & SIL who had a PR (6613). However, my other SIL and her DH had a balcony room (6610) across from my daughter and couldn't hear a thing.

I also caught the "gentleman" across watching me in our room and closed my curtains. Even though I always closed the curtains while undressing, it gave me the creeps.

The plus side to a PR is that we were able to tell when our "room mates" came back to the room, while enjoying a mocha at the table next to the Cupcake Cupboard. LOL

The parades start at 10:30pm and over within the hour. I never found the music loud, but could hear it. I was always on 7th floor.

I would keep the PR room over an OV. JMHO

Thanks to all who gave opinions! I think we're going to hold tight. My husband didn't think the extra was worth it, and I understand his view. We would be paying extra and sacrificing a great location for a room that I really don't think we'll spend much time in. (First time cruisers.) I am going to keep stalking the Balcony GTY rate though, if that comes down to a reasonable level I will definitely snag it!

I am three weeks out from sailing and prices on OV just went down! We paid $730 for a nice midships PR on deck 8. We could pay an extra $70pp to upgrade to a G OV (probably 6208, which is all the way forward). Is it worth it...? What would you do?

Opinions appreciated!

Thanks to all who gave opinions! I think we're going to hold tight. My husband didn't think the extra was worth it, and I understand his view. We would be paying extra and sacrificing a great location for a room that I really don't think we'll spend much time in. (First time cruisers.) I am going to keep stalking the Balcony GTY rate though, if that comes down to a reasonable level I will definitely snag it!

Before you do anything, Make sure that it is only $70.00 Per Person for the cruise and not some other combination. :cool: I have seen where it "looked" like it would only be $XX.00 per person for the cruise BUT it ended up being A LOT MORE! :o

I asked when I called to change and I was VERY glad I asked questions. Would have been stuck with it costing more than I wanted to pay! ! ! :eek:

The parades start at 10:30pm and over within the hour. I never found the music loud, but could hear it. I was always on 7th floor.

I would keep the PR room over an OV. JMHO

If you could "hear" it on the 7th floor and didn't find the music loud, imagine how much louder the music is on Deck 6. We usually went to bed after the 9 pm dinner show. The PR on Deck 8 probably wouldn't hear the "boom, boom, boom" of the music, but it is definitely noisy on Deck 6. ;)