REVIEW: Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean - 4/5/14 thru 4/12/14

Thank you! Liberty now has the "American Table", which is good but there are some of my old time favorites missing (Spaghetti Carbonera). We didn't do the formal nights, in which they have the American Feast. I think those are the nights with steak and lobster. We never did try the steakhouse. The breakfast buffet is ok, but really kicking ourselves for not trying the Blue Iguana burrito bar for breakfast. Actually we never ate there. Try it. :) The Guy's Burgers are awesome! We never went to the pizza place but I've always heard that it's good. All of the food we had was really good and it's very easy to over eat, but it's vacation, right? :)

Thanks. DH and i were on Liberty last Sept and really loved it. You did miss something with the breakfasts at Blue iguana. The hue euros rancheros and arepas were favorites.

Was there anything in the MDR new menu that was just not good and we should stay away from? Thanks, and LOVING your review!!!!

Thanks. DH and i were on Liberty last Sept and really loved it. You did miss something with the breakfasts at Blue iguana. The hue euros rancheros and arepas were favorites.

Was there anything in the MDR new menu that was just not good and we should stay away from? Thanks, and LOVING your review!!!!

Blue Iguana breakfast, I know. :( We were going to go there the first morning but the line was kind of long and we were both starved. Buffet wasn't crowded. The next days were port days with excursions booked and I stuck to cereal for room for Guy Burgers/dinners. The last two mornings I felt kind of "blah" due to feeling the motion, even with Dramamine, so didn't have much of an appetite. Next time for sure.

For the main dining room I'll break it down with appetizers, main and sides for you:

Appetizers: I always got Caesar Salad. Carnival has the best in my opinion and I can't get enough of it. With the American table, they also have selections of "Rare Finds". We split an order of Alligator fritters, which I highly recommend (very good). It's hard to describe the taste but it was very pleasing. There is also a new "Port of Call" section, which will be traditional foods from the ports of call you visit". After Belize, we tried the "Fry Jacks" from the "Port of Call" section. Those were also very good. Fry Jacks are fried dough.

Main: I was not a fan of the beef lasagna. I normally love lasagna but I actually think this should be called "Spinach Lasagna" since it was loaded with spinach and had a little beef and ricotta in it. If it was listed as spinach lasagna, I'd have ordered something else. Likes were the BBQ Pork Ribs, which I thought were better than what we can get in restaurants here (Virginia). I also really liked the Ravioli that I had on the last night. They were cheese ravioli with a tomato/cream sauce. Ravioli is ravioli but I really liked the sauce. The night after Roatan, they had "Chicken Pastelitos", which were patries filled with seasoned shredded chicken breast. These were also very good. We could have made meals with some of these. :)

Appetizers: My two favorites were the Bacon Mac & Cheese and the pilaf. They had Fragrant Basmanti Pilaf a couple times and I had that twice, very good.

Since you are leaving soon, I'll attach a link that I just found for "Liberty's Western Itinerary" menu, since this is what we had. It's pictures of the actual menus with the descriptions. It was posted in CC member Zydecocruiser's Carnival menu website. I just hope this isn't a "no, no". Here's the link (and thank you Zydecocruiser!!!): http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/AT_AF/liberty/western/libertyWestern.htm

I hope this helps. :)

Blue Iguana breakfast, I know. :( We were going to go there the first morning but the line was kind of long and we were both starved. Buffet wasn't crowded. The next days were port days with excursions booked and I stuck to cereal for room for Guy Burgers/dinners. The last two mornings I felt kind of "blah" due to feeling the motion, even with Dramamine, so didn't have much of an appetite. Next time for sure.

For the main dining room I'll break it down with appetizers, main and sides for you:

Appetizers: I always got Caesar Salad. Carnival has the best in my opinion and I can't get enough of it. With the American table, they also have selections of "Rare Finds". We split an order of Alligator fritters, which I highly recommend (very good). It's hard to describe the taste but it was very pleasing. There is also a new "Port of Call" section, which will be traditional foods from the ports of call you visit". After Belize, we tried the "Fry Jacks" from the "Port of Call" section. Those were also very good. Fry Jacks are fried dough.

Main: I was not a fan of the beef lasagna. I normally love lasagna but I actually think this should be called "Spinach Lasagna" since it was loaded with spinach and had a little beef and ricotta in it. If it was listed as spinach lasagna, I'd have ordered something else. Likes were the BBQ Pork Ribs, which I thought were better than what we can get in restaurants here (Virginia). I also really liked the Ravioli that I had on the last night. They were cheese ravioli with a tomato/cream sauce. Ravioli is ravioli but I really liked the sauce. The night after Roatan, they had "Chicken Pastelitos", which were patries filled with seasoned shredded chicken breast. These were also very good. We could have made meals with some of these. :)

Appetizers: My two favorites were the Bacon Mac & Cheese and the pilaf. They had Fragrant Basmanti Pilaf a couple times and I had that twice, very good.

Since you are leaving soon, I'll attach a link that I just found for "Liberty's Western Itinerary" menu, since this is what we had. It's pictures of the actual menus with the descriptions. It was posted in CC member Zydecocruiser's Carnival menu website. I just hope this isn't a "no, no". Here's the link (and thank you Zydecocruiser!!!): http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/AT_AF/liberty/western/libertyWestern.htm

I hope this helps. :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It helps a lot.

Do you remember anything about MDR desserts?

And I think we will try the alligator fritters just for fun.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It helps a lot.

Do you remember anything about MDR desserts?

And I think we will try the alligator fritters just for fun.

The desserts are where I'm not much help since many of them are too rich and sweet and I'm not a big dessert person. It's not on the menu but you can still order sorbet, which I did, alternating between orange and lime.

They had some kind of pie (Pie a la mode on the menu) and the kinds they had (that I remember) are apple, cherry, and blueberry. I believe there was a Pie a la Mode on the dessert menu every night. Of course the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (now called Carnival Chocolate Melting Cake) is listed almost every night. The Carrot Cake and the Cheesecake and big hits with our table mates. I did get the Carrot Cake the night they had it but only because one of our tablemates, who also ordered sorbet every night like I did, wanted the carrot cake. They've been on many cruises so if he was getting it, I'd try it. It was pretty good and I'd recommend it. I hope this helps some.

And yes, try those Alligator fritters - they were good. If there is anything else I can help you with (or try to) before you leave, please feel free to ask. :)

Loving your review! I enjoy seeing reviews of the Liberty. That has been my favorite ship so far.

I am also with you on wanting to cruise on the Oasis or Allure someday.

I love Carnival, but will jump on another line if the price (and ship) is right. :)

Dee

More pictures of Victory leaving:

I was lucky enough to get a picture of Victory’s big screen as it said “Adios Miami, Hello Fun!” I didn’t see that on Liberty’s so glad I got Victory’s.

"Adios Miami, Hello Fun!" - Victory's Sail Away/Deck party in full swing:

If any of you reading were on Victory on the April 5th sailing, this is you guys. Enjoy the pics. If any of you (Victory passengers) have pictures of Liberty as you were leaving, please feel free to post. I’d love to have some.

Awe...you missed me on the Victory by two weeks. I was on the March 22 sailing. :D

Dee

Awe...you missed me on the Victory by two weeks. I was on the March 22 sailing. :D

Dee

Sorry we missed you! :) I hope you had a wonderful cruise on Victory.

Loving your review! I enjoy seeing reviews of the Liberty. That has been my favorite ship so far.

I am also with you on wanting to cruise on the Oasis or Allure someday.

I love Carnival, but will jump on another line if the price (and ship) is right. :)

Dee

Thank you! We really loved Liberty, beautiful ship. It's funny, but I don't have a favorite. I'm partial to all of the ships we've been on.

The price would have to be right for us too, but it sure would be nice to actually see those two ships.

I remember conversing with you when I did my Valor review. How was your B2B on the Jewel to the Southern Caribbean? Our friends were on it a week before you were, I think (Thanksgiving). They really liked it. I hope you had a wonderful time. I would love to do that some day (B2B, Southern Caribbean).

These are the "flyers" that were inside today's edition of the "Fun Times". It's probably not necessary to add these, but I will because some of you may be interested in the information. Here they are:

Side one of first page (Instant Credit):

scan0047.jpg

Second side of first page:

scan0048.jpg

Side one of second page (Fun Finds Shopping):

scan0049.jpg

Second side of second page:

scan0050.jpg

Since it was a Sea Day and we stayed up later than we planned to the night before, we decided to sleep in a little and set the alarm clocks for 8:00AM. We would have set them for later but remembered from past experience that if we wanted a lounger to lay out in, we’d need to get up there fairly early. I know many other people like to get up early, take their towels, books, magazines, flip flops, etc. and save loungers for themselves and more…for their stuff. I do believe I’ve seen those folks referred to as “chair hogs” in many places on these boards. We didn’t feel like getting up right before dawn that morning and knew we would not be getting a lounger in the prime spots, by the pools. We’ve had luck getting them on Panorama Deck 10 in the past so we just planned on going up there. Right after I got up and got ready, DH was still working on waking up. On every cruise lately, I just head up to Lido Deck 9 and get two cups of coffee to take back to the cabin and enjoy on the balcony. Even though the Lido deck 9 was three decks up, I still took the stairs since I’d need to be making room for all I’d be eating, especially Guy Burgers and the self-serve ice cream cones I was planning to have. Before I even got up to the Lido Deck, I could smell breakfast foods. The aroma of bacon started floating through the air as I was on the top of the stairs between Deck 7 and Deck 8. I was hungry to begin with but now I was starved. When I entered the buffet area, I noticed that it didn’t seem too crowded and the buffet lines weren’t too bad. Even though the temptation was there, I would wait and have breakfast together with DH, so I got my two mugs of coffee and went back down to the cabin, where I sat on the balcony and took in the scenery while I had my coffee. I drank the first cup fairly quick because it tasted pretty good. Any brewed coffee is better than what I normally have. DH does not drink coffee. He loves the smell but never could stand the taste no matter how much cream/milk or sugar he added. He’s a Mountain Dew man. Since there is only one coffee drinker in our home, I reluctantly switched to instant years ago. I used to brew coffee but had to clean the coffee maker every day and that’s when I was working and had a long commute. I would only drink one cup of coffee in the morning and had no time to clean the coffee maker until I got home from work and that was usually sometime between 7:30 and 8PM. “What’s the point?” finally dawned on me so I made the switch to instant. So, yes, to me the coffee was very good. When DH was ready, he joined me on the balcony. I was almost done with the second coffee because I drank the first one fairly fast. We were debating on where to eat breakfast, the Blue Iguana Burrito bar or the buffet. We just decided we’d see what the lines were like upstairs and make a decision then. Since it was a Sea Day, I went ahead and took two of the Ginger root pills. Motion sickness has a way of sneaking up, so I was making sure to remember to take those.

When we went up to Lido for breakfast, the lines weren’t bad at all. We didn’t even check to see if there were lines at the Blue Iguana Burrito bar, I just followed DH to get in line at the buffet. We got the usual which is eggs, which weren’t as bad as I thought they’d be. They definitely weren’t watery. We also got bacon and potatoes and DH got a few of the pastries. We found a table right away and DH went and got us each a glass of orange juice. I also hear about how good the Passion Fruit drink is and had a plan for that later on. Once we finished our breakfast I told DH that I was going to go to the Blue Iguana bar to buy a “Blue Iguana” tumbler. The plan was to have the two tumblers and fill them with ice and water and take them with us to lay out in a lounger. I have a nice sized “Bubba Keg” but didn’t want to add any more luggage than necessary, so I left it at home this trip. I went over to Blue Iguana and one of the bartenders was behind the bar. There was one other person at the other end of the bar. The bartender looked up and saw us two people waiting and looked kind of annoyed. He went to the other guy and talked to him for a few seconds and I saw the other guy head over to the Red Frog. The bartender approached me next. I asked if I could just buy the Blue Iguana tumbler and he told me they were still closed and wouldn’t be open until 11AM. I did see the tumblers back there but if they aren’t open yet, they aren’t open. I told him I’d come back later.

DH and I went back down to the cabin to change into bathing suits and put on sunscreen since we had no base tan whatsoever and we didn’t want to cook up like lobsters on the first day. After that we gathered our towels, I grabbed the Red Frog tumbler that I purchased the previous day and my camera “Old Reliable”. DH had an empty plastic Mt. Dew bottle that he rinsed out well so he could fill it with water. First stop was back up to the Lido deck to get water. I used one of the plastic cups to get ice to put in the tumbler then filled the cup up with Passion Fruit juice and poured that over ice. DH was going to stick the Mt. Dew bottle under the water dispenser so I told him that was nasty and to fill a cup with water then pour it into the bottle instead. He replied “Yes dear”. UGH!!! I just rolled my eyes. I asked him what he’d think if someone ahead of him did that and he agreed that he’d probably think that was pretty gross. OK, point made. We then went right up to Panorama Deck 10 and walked all the way to the back of the ship, in the area above the Versailles Pool and hot tubs, which is adult only. It’s kind of quiet back there but it was also pretty crowded. Most of the action during the day is at the Tivoli pool in the main area where the Seaside Theater and waterslide are. Not much going on and not much to see, but at least we had loungers in the sun. I tried the Passion Fruit juice and thought it was really good. I let DH try it and he also thought it was pretty good. I told him it was missing something and he looked at me like “huh?” I said “it’s missing something…rum…it would make an excellent rum punch”. He agreed. We didn’t smuggle but if we did, it would sure make a good mixer.

After we’d been soaking up some of the nice, warm rays of sun for a while, a bar waiter came along and she had what I really wanted to get this time around…a tray with drinks inside the Blue Fish plastic souvenir cups. When she made her way over to us I ordered one. They don’t just bring the drinks around and sell them to you right on the spot anymore. Instead they take orders, check your Sail & Sign card, then go back down to one of the bars, fill the order, then bring them back up to serve. If someone wants something else to drink, they’ll take your order for that and bring that back up with the rest and they don’t mess up. I have no idea how they can remember who ordered what and where they are sitting, but they do. The Carnival staff really amaze me with how much they remember. They are sharp. About a half hour later, our gal came back with a tray full of drinks. When she came over to give me my drink is when I signed for it. The drink that came in it was called “Pirate Punch” and the Blue Fish cup is actually called the “Pirate Punch” and the actual name for the Blue Fish cup was called the “Pirate Fish”. The “Pirate Punch” was OK. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t a drink that “Wowed” me. It didn’t matter, I had my cup, the only one Carnival has currently that I didn’t have. These cups were introduced after our cruise on Valor last May. I forgot to take pictures of the cups when I got them, so I will get pictures of all the ones I got with a bit of information about them and when/where they were served for any of you looking to add to or complete your collection.

While we were up there, we were constantly drawn to watching the open ocean. On one of those occasions we saw another ship in the distance. I grabbed “Old Reliable” out of my beach bag and used the zoom for pictures. I could tell it was a Royal Caribbean ship. Had no idea which one it was, but it was one of their larger ones since we could tell it was pretty big. After some research when we got home, I’m pretty sure it was RCI Liberty of the Seas. She was in Cozumel, Mexico on 4/5/14 and scheduled to return to Fort Lauderdale on 4/7/14. We had seen her once before in Miami with us in 2010 when on our Carnival Glory cruise.

Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas (we think):

100_8231-2.jpg

Closer view:

100_8232-1.jpg

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Keep it coming!!!!

Hope you finish before we leave Friday morning to drive down. Your thread has got me even more excited!

Thank you again! :) I'm going to try to work on it as much as I can this week but I don't think I'll get it all finished by then. I've been volunteering for a cat/kitten rescue that has a cat with many health problems needing round the clock care in addition to a newborn (well, almost 2 weeks old now) that needs bottle fed every two hours. There is only one gal running it and she really needs help, so I've been over there quite a bit last week and will be again until the kitten is at least 6 weeks old. I'm one of the "bottle feeders". :)

If you'd like to at least see all of the pictures, I have a Shutterfly link that I've got them all in. If you'd like to see them before you go, let me know and I'll send you my email and I'll get you the link.

I know how I was the week leading up to our cruise, so I'll bet your really busy and getting very excited. I sure wish we were leaving for another cruise this weekend. I really hope you have a wonderful time and beautiful weather.

We stayed out for a little while longer until I needed to get cooled off. Pool time! DH said there were no available loungers by the pool. There were tables though, several of them, in the shaded area that were empty. We went down and got a table and put our towels over the back of the chairs and put my beach bag on the chair then went over and got in the pool. We were able to keep an eye on our stuff and also to make sure those tables weren’t filling up to where others may want to actually sit there and eat. The pizzeria was back in that area, so that was a possibility. Those tables remained empty for the most part. Others were doing the same as we were but there never seemed to be a problem. We enjoyed the pool for about an hour and sat along the edge when we weren’t in it.

We had a pretty interesting view of Liberty's "Whale Tail" funnel from the pool:

100_8234-1.jpg

At about 1:30PM, we were both starting to get hungry again so we stopped by the cabin and dropped off our towels and went back up to get Guy Burgers.

After we finished our Guy Burgers, I went back over to the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar to purchase a Blue Iguana Tervis tumbler. It was open now but crowded, so I had to wait several minutes to get waited on, and when I was finally waited on, I asked to buy the tumbler and they were already sold out. The bartender told me to try tomorrow, they may get them in. When I asked about “may get them in”, he told me sometimes they will get more supplies and sometimes they won’t and that they do sell out within the first two days. OK, I’ll try back tomorrow and try my luck. I went back over to table we had our Guy Burgers since DH said he’d wait for me there. Now was the time for our cruise tradition that we’ve started doing on our Miracle cruise in 2006 and that was the first Sea Day tour of the ship since most people our outside and that way we can try to get pictures of the bars, dining rooms and other interior spots without a crowd of other people in them. I just feel funny taking pictures of other people we don’t know and I’m sure some will also be thankful knowing that a picture of them will not appear in Cruise Critic. I would feel the same way. It’s really unavoidable to get pictures without others, but we do our best. If any of you who were on the same cruise reading this and see yourselves in any of the pictures I’m posting, I apologize.

Before starting our tour, we went our cabin to get our cameras and noticed out the balcony door that we were passing another ship so we went out and got pictures of it. We knew it was Holland America but we couldn’t tell which ship it was and weren’t quite close enough, even with the camera’s zoom, to get the name of it. After researching when we returned home, it had to be Holland America Zuiderdam, since it was the only Holland American ship that would be anywhere near that area on that particular day. It was returning to Fort Lauderdale, FL, from Colon, Panama.

Holland America Zuiderdam:

100_8237-1.jpg

100_8235-2.jpg

After getting pictures of Zuiderdam, we went up to the “Versailles Pool Bar”, which is at the back of the ship by the Versailles pool, to get a drink to take with us on our ship tour. The other bars in the main pool area were very crowded and there were long waits. It also got very crowded with others waiting that it the whole area around them were so congested that you have to squeeze through others to get to Panorama Deck 10. This is what we sounded like: “excuse me”, “pardon me”, “excuse me”, “no I’m not trying to cut in line in front of you…honesty, I’m just trying to get to the stairs to go up a deck”. This is the only thing I didn’t like about the addition of the Red Frog Rum Bar & the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. There was plenty of room when it wasn’t crowded at the main pool, but when it’s crowded, it’s crowded and difficult to get through. We thought maybe the “Versailles Pool Bar” would be less crowded and it was. When we got to the bar we didn’t have to wait to place our order for drinks. I got another Blue Fish drink, but I forget what DH got, maybe the “DOD”, um, I mean “Daily Special”.

Now begins our tour of Carnival Liberty. We started off by going down to Atlantic Deck 4 and to the Venetian Palace (very front of the ship, or “forward”) but didn’t go in because they had something going on in there. I think there was some kind of practice for one of the shows, so we made our way down to the back of the ship, or “aft”. Our first stop for pictures was The Cabinet Cigar Bar, which is toward the back of the ship, but in the middle, between port (left side) and starboard (right side).

The Cabinet Cigar Bar:

100_8238-1.jpg

100_8239-1.jpg

Our next stop was to the Silver Olympian Dining room, where our late seating dinners were. This is located on Decks 3 and 4, in the back of the ship (aft). I got a lot of pictures there, from both levels.

Silver Olympian Dining room (Atlantic Deck 4 level, top):

100_8240-1.jpg

100_8241-1.jpg

IMG_6548-1.jpg

IMG_6549-1.jpg

More of the Silver Olympian Dining room (from the top part, Atlantic Deck 4):

IMG_6550-1.jpg

IMG_6551-1.jpg

IMG_6552-1.jpg

100_8244-1.jpg

Silver Olympian Dining room (from near the Lobby Deck 3 entrance into the dining room):

100_8248-1.jpg

Silver Olympian Dining room stairs leading from Deck 3 to Deck 4:

100_8249-1.jpg

We also stopped and got pictures of the Conservatory Aft Atrium from the Atlantic Deck 4 looking down to Lobby Deck 3. The Conservatory Aft Atrium is right at the entrance of the Silver Olympian Dining room.

Colorful lights above the Conservatory Aft Atrium:

100_8250-1.jpg

View from Atlantic Deck 4 of the Conservatory Aft Atrium and entrance to Silver Olympian Dining room:

100_8251-1.jpg

After getting pictures of the Silver Olympian Dining room we went up to Promenade Deck 5 and started from the back of the ship toward the front. First stop was the “Piano Man”, piano bar, (aft and starboard).

Piano Man piano bar:

100_8252-1.jpg

IMG_6556-1.jpg

09c7023e-3af2-4087-9254-a98cb15f3ae3.jpg

We went to “The Stage Bar” next (aft, port), which is located right across from the piano bar.

"The Stage Bar"

IMG_6558-1.jpg

Edited by pghsteelerfan

From there we made our way down the Promenade and got a few pictures there. I love the lights.

The Promenade:

IMG_6559-1.jpg

100_8261-1.jpg

The lights above the Promenade (they change colors):

IMG_6560-1.jpg

Further down the Promenade was the “Hot and Cool Dance Club” (aft, port), but there was something going on in there, so we didn’t feel comfortable going in and getting pictures. We’d have to come back another time for those. Right next to the “Hot and Cool Dance Club” is the “Video Arcade” (aft, port) and then the “Without Batteries”, aka Club 02, the teen club (aft, port).

Video Arcade:

IMG_6562-1.jpg

100_8259-1.jpg

“Without Batteries”, aka Club 02, the teen club:

IMG_6565-1.jpg

In that area of the Promenade, there are tables and windows along the starboard side, so there are no bars or night clubs. The “Alchemy Bar” IS on the right side, but it’s in the back either right before (if you’re heading to the back) or right after the “Piano Man” piano bar (if you are heading to the front). It’s not in an enclosed room, it’s out in the open. I didn’t get pictures today since there were a lot of people there but will try later in the week.

After Club 02 and before the Casino bar is the “Coffee Bar”, which I think is called "Jardin Café", just not sure since we never stopped there, only walked by it several times. There is a display of cakes and other sweets right next to the Coffee Bar. I don’t know if that’s part of the Coffee Bar or not since we never did stop there to purchase anything.

Coffee Bar (may be the one called Jardin Café):

100_8263-1.jpg

According to Carnival Liberty’s ship map or deck plans, there is an “Origami Sushi Bar” listed. To be honest, I didn’t notice if there was a sushi bar there or not since neither of us eat sushi. I tried it once but to me it tasted terrible, so I will not go out of my way to look for it.

Right after that is the Promenade Bar (mid ship, port) and right beyond that is the “Czar’s Palace Casino” (mid ship, port). I got a few pictures of the Promenade Bar, which is one of the areas that people can smoke at. If you’re standing in front of the bar, the side on the right is smoking and the left is non-smoking. They have a few small “exhaust fans”, or whatever the proper name is for them, to take in the smoke but if there are a lot of people smoking, they really don’t do much to eliminate the smoke, thus the complaints where people can smell it in the aisles and the stairway/elevators that are located right around the corner on the smoking side. There are times in the evening with music and trivia contests that get a fairly large crowd.

Promenade Bar, or Casino Bar, (this area of the bar is right along the Promenade and this is also the non-smoking side):

IMG_6567-1.jpg

We also continued past the casino and got a couple of pictures but I tried to do that on the sly, and from outside the casino, because I got yelled at for taking a picture in the casino at the Atlantis in the Bahamas once. I was taking a picture of one of the Dale Chihuly blown glass sculptures and not the slot machines or game tables. The employee just saw the flash on my camera and made it clear there was “no photography” in the casino and told me to put the camera away. I’d seen plenty of the pictures of the Dale Chihuly sculptures before, some of them even in other Cruise Critic reviews, so I just assumed that was ok. Either it’s not allowed or the casino employee at Atlantis was on a power trip. I know most casinos don’t allow photography, so these are the only pictures I got of Carnival Liberty’s casino. Now that I’m bringing up the casino, we only walked through a couple of times and never went down to “make a deposit”.

Czar's Palace Casino:

IMG_6569-1.jpg

From the casino we went to the Garden Atrium, looked around and got several pictures in that area (the “Cherry On Top” candy store and “The Fun Shops”).

Cherry On Top:

IMG_6572-1.jpg

The Fun Shops:

IMG_6574-1.jpg

I really love the Garden Atrium. The lights at the top are beautiful and change colors.

The Garden Atrium from Promenade Deck 5:

IMG_6571-1.jpg

After getting pictures from Promenade Deck 5, we walked down the stairs in the atrium back to Atlantic Deck 4 and went into the Golden Olympian Dining room for pictures. I think this is the dining room where the “Anytime Dining” is. After that we took the atrium stairs down to Lobby Deck 3 for pictures from the bottom of the Garden Atrium looking up towards the top, but they had trivia games on the stage there all day so I was unable to get pictures. Another place I need to get back to.