Line Changes

mcrcruiser

Has Celebrity priced themselves out of the main stream cruise market with their increased cruise prices ,increased special restaurant prices ,liquor price promotions & recently a new class of suites with their own lounge & restaurant (setting of class distinction )?

I think with the economy improving and the recession being over, for all intents and purposes, all the cruise lines will be making adjustments to their pricing. I recently looked at a number of lines for future cruises and didn't see that Celebrity was out of line.

Past cruisers may be spoiled with deals and incentives trying to keep the ships financially afloat.

I think with the economy improving and the recession being over, for all intents and purposes, all the cruise lines will be making adjustments to their pricing. I recently looked at a number of lines for future cruises and didn't see that Celebrity was out of line.

Past cruisers may be spoiled with deals and incentives trying to keep the ships financially afloat.

For us at least, cost has dropped. For our up coming 11 day's on Equinox, we are paying $140 more, pp, for a balcony, (with a 123 perk thrown in) than we did for a OV on the Horizon for 7 days in Dec 2000. If I did the per day breakdown adjusted for inflation, yada, yada, yada. Geeeeee whizzzzz:rolleyes:

I don't think so. The prices for the New England/Canada cruise only went up $21 a day when comparing 2014 prices to the 2015 prices. With the rate of inflation and all that is included in a cruise that is not a bad deal.

Thanks for all who gave their opinion here:)

Comparing cruise prices can be difficult at best; however ,there has been more than just a cost of living increase in Celebrirty cruise pricing ;). One must compare size of ship to other similar size ships of competition & amenities offered per cabin class . That is a more accurate comparison .

Really?