Gotta Love SWA.......

VernRDH

We use SW whenever possible. Their crews are the best in the air and it's always a pleasant experience to fly with them. I even bought stock in LUV. It will be interesting to see how the changes in the Rapid Rewards program play out with respect to seat availability. Hopefully it won't make too much of a difference, but it's a major drawback with other frequent flier programs, and I'd hate to see SW fall out of favor with their past passengers.

Judy

I too am waiting for flights to open up (for Feb) On Southwest. I love to fly with them, but my need to have everything set and ready to go months in advance, gets thrown out the window because they take sooooo long to release their flights. Nothing would make me any happier right now than for SW to release Feb. dates so I can book my flight.

Does anyone here know why they wait so long to release their flights??

Just had to share my experience - a couple of days ago I got a call at 1:45 pm from USA3000 to tell my my RT flight from Pittsburgh to Orlando in October had been cancelled and that my money ($158, which had been a super deal at the time!) was being refunded.:eek: Wow, did that throw me for a loop!

I stewed about it for a few minutes and then went to my computer, where I noticed my "DING!" icon indicated a sale had been announced. The time was 1:55 pm as I began to see if there was any sales listed for the flight times/days I needed. Guess what?! There was exactly what I needed BUT I only had THREE minutes left to purchase my ticket at the reduced price because the sale was to end at 2 pm!

Needless to say, I typed fast and furiously and clicked "Purchase" with only 15 seconds to spare! By 2:02 pm, I had received an email from SWA confirming my ticket purchase - for the incredible total RT price of only $116.40!:) :)

Just gotta love SWA!

Just had to share my experience - a couple of days ago I got a call at 1:45 pm from USA3000 to tell my my RT flight from Pittsburgh to Orlando in October had been cancelled and that my money ($158, which had been a super deal at the time!) was being refunded.:eek: Wow, did that throw me for a loop!

I stewed about it for a few minutes and then went to my computer, where I noticed my "DING!" icon indicated a sale had been announced. The time was 1:55 pm as I began to see if there was any sales listed for the flight times/days I needed. Guess what?! There was exactly what I needed BUT I only had THREE minutes left to purchase my ticket at the reduced price because the sale was to end at 2 pm!

Needless to say, I typed fast and furiously and clicked "Purchase" with only 15 seconds to spare! By 2:02 pm, I had received an email from SWA confirming my ticket purchase - for the incredible total RT price of only $116.40!:) :)

Just gotta love SWA!

That is great! Going to check my dings now!

deppong - Once you download SWA's Ding! program (it's free), an icon that features the traditonal SWA's tan and red stripes will appear on your computer screen. Mine is located on the very bottom of the right-hand side, just to the left of where the time is shown. When there's a sale, you'll hear the familiar "ding" like you hear during a flight and a little envelope will appear over the stripe.

When you hear the "ding" and/or see the envelope, click on the icon and a window will open. Just read what's in the window and click anywhere on the text to go to the page listing the latest SWA special rates.

Remember that each sale is for a limited time so check frequently each day to see if the envelope has appeared. If it's there, click on the icon and have yur credit card ready to snap up some great rates!

Happy flying and cruising!

Cindy

I'm frequently at my computer and hear that familiar "ding" more than once a day. Even though I might not need tickets at the time, I always check the sales for my family and friends. I keep tabs on several airports SWA uses and pass on any great deals I see.

I have read on here that SWA will give you a refund if the price goes down after you purchase tickets. Does that work for the Ding sales also? I want to buy my tickets for March '06 as soon as they are available, but then if they go on sale will I be able to get credit for the difference? :confused:

I booked OAK to FLL earlier this summer then found cheaper fare for the same time period. It saved us $145.00 and it is a credit that needs to be used prior to June next year (which is 1 year from when I originally booked). It is a great deal...only a little over $400 for 2 of us from west coast to east coast. Ding fares are the greatest!:)

I booked OAK to FLL earlier this summer then found cheaper fare for the same time period. It saved us $145.00 and it is a credit that needs to be used prior to June next year (which is 1 year from when I originally booked). It is a great deal...only a little over $400 for 2 of us from west coast to east coast. Ding fares are the greatest!:)

Was this a Ding sale?

Archived