Online Dynamic Dining Reservations Open for Quantum!!!

This certainly works. I tried for 2 nights to use my Royal Caribbean VISA to reserve an excursion, but the system wouldn't accept the credit card. When I tried your suggestion--entering only my house number and not my street name--the order went through with my Royal Caribbean VISA with no problem. Thanks!

I learned about the opening of reservations for dining from Cruise Critic. I haven't received any direct communication from Royal about the need to do this. How are passengers being informed that they need to go online and book dining reservations?

I too learned from cruise critic. During the preselection fiasco I had my ta call about a different issue and the agent told her I couldn't book until 90 days out.

I am most disappointed about the lack of info from Rccl. The should have had a instruction e-mail ready to go that said good news dynamic dining is now open for those who would like to make reservations. Ect ect. Instead we got silence and the only info from cruise critic which I believe they said only has about 2%of the cruising public. So what is the rest of the people doing?

Also there is misinformation since everyone who calls gets different answers from only some times have been released to no this is it.

I wish RCCL would make a public statement about what's going on.

What I like most about cruising is the fact that it's hassle free. It's the one time of the year I don't have to be involved with scheduling and decision making once I complete my original reservation. My biggest decision during a cruise is which entree to order at meals.

Exactly how we felt after reading all the posts and reading all the information (?) on the RCCL website.

After 30+ years of employee schedules, payrolls, budget estimates and the like we solved all the problems associated with dining times and entertainment venues with a single email.

One email to our agent and our reservation was cancelled and we booked a less "Dynamic" cruise with almost the same itinerary, at a much better price.

Maybe not a desired choice for others, but it just seems to give us what we are looking for.

Sorry RCCL, but we'll see how all this works out for a while before we take the hook.

bosco

Is anyone just going to wing it when they get on the ship?

Although we didn't have to reserve dinning on Breakaway, the show reservation system we were not fans of. We missed our showing for Rock of Ages because we drank to much in port and slept thru the alarm. The reservation didn't drop off. We had to go to guest services and then the box off for them to remove it. By that time, the show was sold out. Because of this experience I'm concerned about this system.

We go to dinner when we're hungry unless we have a specialty dinning reservation which we don't do often. We also typically eat later in the evening. Should we really try to do the reservations now or could we wait? I wonder of I'm then only one thinking about winging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is anyone just going to wing it when they get on the ship?

We go to dinner when we're hungry unless we have a specialty dinning reservation which we don't do often. We also typically eat later in the evening. Should we really try to do the reservations now or could we wait? I wonder of I'm then only one thinking about winging it.

Even if you're not sure about your dining times, I would reserve something as a backup. Better than getting onboard and finding that things are either at capacity or the times are not good for you.

Exactly how we felt after reading all the posts and reading all the information (?) on the RCCL website.

After 30+ years of employee schedules, payrolls, budget estimates and the like we solved all the problems associated with dining times and entertainment venues with a single email.

One email to our agent and our reservation was cancelled and we booked a less "Dynamic" cruise with almost the same itinerary, at a much better price.

Maybe not a desired choice for others, but it just seems to give us what we are looking for.

Sorry RCCL, but we'll see how all this works out for a while before we take the hook.

bosco

Bosco - can you share what you booked instead? I would cancel this in a heartbeat, but our friends are so excited for this cruise. Then again, the reservation task fell to me. Maybe I should give them the job to revise and augment our times, and then we'll see how excited they are.

Bosco - can you share what you booked instead? I would cancel this in a heartbeat, but our friends are so excited for this cruise. Then again, the reservation task fell to me. Maybe I should give them the job to revise and augment our times, and then we'll see how excited they are.

First... This will be our 16th cruise. Most have been on Celebrity and several on RCCL and Holland. Been on ships from the small (Celebrity Zenith) to the big RCL ships.

We prefer smaller ships and are not looking for too much glitz. We prefer to sail from ports close to home (upstate NY) .

We always (almost) sail in the first 3 months of the year in order to get away from the Winter for a while and always do the Caribbean for the heat. Sailing from NY-NJ-Baltimore gives us a day or so to get used to the heat and vice versa get used to the cold on our return

We changed our reservation from the Quantum (New Jersey) to the Grandeur of the Seas sailing from Baltimore for a 10 NIGHT EASTERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE.

For us a 6 hour drive to the port is no problem and makes packing/luggage and bringing home purchases (liquor) a lot easier and less costly than flying..(more to spend on board.LOL)

For a veranda on the Quantum we got a junior suite (not really that big a deal) paid gratuities, insurance and a hefty OBC from our agent.

Yeah, I know... The Grandeur is an older ship with some wear and tear and has no interior promenade or a lot of the newer gizmos, But for that matter I'm a lot older than the Grandeur and have a lot more wear and tear on me.

Baltimore is probably (depending on traffic) a 4 hour drive from your location.. Parking is as easy as Cape Liberty N.J. and by the next morning you're already down where the weather is mild enough (at least for us) to walk the deck in shorts.

OMO

bosco

First... This will be our 16th cruise. Most have been on Celebrity and several on RCCL and Holland. Been on ships from the small (Celebrity Zenith) to the big RCL ships.

We prefer smaller ships and are not looking for too much glitz. We prefer to sail from ports close to home (upstate NY) .

We always (almost) sail in the first 3 months of the year in order to get away from the Winter for a while and always do the Caribbean for the heat. Sailing from NY-NJ-Baltimore gives us a day or so to get used to the heat and vice versa get used to the cold on our return

We changed our reservation from the Quantum (New Jersey) to the Grandeur of the Seas sailing from Baltimore for a 10 NIGHT EASTERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE.

For us a 6 hour drive to the port is no problem and makes packing/luggage and bringing home purchases (liquor) a lot easier and less costly than flying..(more to spend on board.LOL)

For a veranda on the Quantum we got a junior suite (not really that big a deal) paid gratuities, insurance and a hefty OBC from our agent.

Yeah, I know... The Grandeur is an older ship with some wear and tear and has no interior promenade or a lot of the newer gizmos, But for that matter I'm a lot older than the Grandeur and have a lot more wear and tear on me.

Baltimore is probably (depending on traffic) a 4 hour drive from your location.. Parking is as easy as Cape Liberty N.J. and by the next morning you're already down where the weather is mild enough (at least for us) to walk the deck in shorts.

OMO

bosco

If you've never seen the "Centrum WOW" before she'll do just fine for you. I love the big ships and the centrum show IMO out performed anything offered by even the Oasis of the Seas. Grandeur also won the 2013 award for best food in the fleet and I can confirm that it was incredible. That is why I have a hard time understanding how people can say they hate the old menus. It was delicious both times I had it (both on Grandeur) and I found plenty of options every night. The Quantum menus are very limited with few items I would eat. Coming from a big shiny new ship fan, the Grandeur is a worthwhile ship.

bosco

I'm like Prudon & Boscobeans. My wife & I were "talked" into this cruise by two of our friends from New Jersey. At that time, RCL showed Fixed Seating. Then they changed it. RCL knew what the ship was going to have in restaurants and space when they were building it. But they didn't let us know until later. I'm a retired company exec. My wife's Italian and we've been on many land trips all over the world. I would plan the hotel reservations, restaurant reservations, car reservations, etc. before we left on our trips. But that was when we were younger (40s, 50s.) When we got into our 60s (76 & 71 now) we went to cruising because I didn't want the hassle of making reservations. I'm an Elite level member of Princess, have always had their full suites, had fixed seating for dining, and knew what to expect, no problems. One did not have to make reservations for dining ( except for the two specialty restaurants) or shows .My dining reservations are a mess. They show me as having 6 reservations when I made 11 reservations. I just found out about it now and have to call them again asking what is happening. I'm very near "pulling the plug" and going back to Princess. All I'll lose is $35/person from Direct Line Cruises. I sure as heck would not run my company the way they apparently are running theirs.:mad: