Ship Excursions

Windsailer

I'm going on my 1st Celebrity cruise next February. In looking at the ship's list of excursions - there aren't many. Is it Celebrity's practice to add more excursions closer to the date of the cruise or is the list that's on the webiste all that will be offered?

There will be more added. Also go on Trip Advisor & look at some of the different excursions offered there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going on my 1st Celebrity cruise next February. In looking at the ship's list of excursions - there aren't many. Is it Celebrity's practice to add more excursions closer to the date of the cruise or is the list that's on the webiste all that will be offered?

Which cruise/itinerary are you on? What is offered may depend on the individual ports.

Chances are there may be more available closer to your cruise date, but you never know...

Depending on ports/region, I prefer--and would highly recommend--researching private excursions...especially if your cruise has an active roll call...

You can often find great tours that will blow away anything offered by the ship (Celebrity or any other cruise line). Most of the time, you'd be looking at traveling with a group of 6 or 8 in a van with a more easily accessible guide as opposed to touring with 30 or 40 people in a large bus. Ship's excursions often pass on worthwhile sights because it's impractical to move 40 people in and out and back on the bus. And, often, you can do these private tours at a lower cost...

I also really recommend posting to the Roll Call for your cruise...A lot of others on your sailing may have more information about the specific cruise you are on than the general information you'll find on this board...

If I look at excursions on the Celebrity website without logging in - there are more excursions listed for the ports I'm interested in. One is a shuttle to Hoi An - so we can wander around and do our own thing. Maybe Celebrity only offers those for purchase on the ship?