American Canadian Caribbean Line?

Sox_Fan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

While it has been several years that I sailed on these ships, what I am about to say will remain true today. As the vessels are so constructed as to have the bow landing ramps they do NOT have a significant draught only about 6-8 Ft. also no stabilisers. They do NOT ride well in open seas, so I would pick which cruises to take on these ships very carefully. There should be no problem on the summer Rhode Island/Erie Canal ,Canada trips, as well as no problem on any trips in inland waters(with possible problems with long hauls on the Great Lakes) The Belize trip is great as the ship stays behind the barrier reef and the up the Rio Dulce. Also loved the Virgin Island cruise,sadly they only do 2 of these a year. If you love beaches this is the trip to do!!!

• 9 months later...

We just got back from the Erie /Hudson cruise on the Grande Caribe.

I would not recommend this cruiseline. :(

We were in the cabins (40's) behind the dining room and seems to be over the engines with very noisy generator or something ..plus the A/C is very noisy.

We had the itinerary changed due to the damage in the Erie Canal locks.

It was like a mystery tour.

The food was very good but the rest of the cruise was not well done and the purser was not very good.

We asked for a cabin change due to not sleeping because of the excessive noise. Only 4 cabin in that area were occupied but no one could give us another cabin unless we pain $400. to upgrade.

The ship had only 29 PAX so it was not like they didn't have cabins available.

I don't think they are very flexible.

No Shampoo supplied only hand/bath soap. for the price they charge they could provide some extras.

Archived