Fights after the cruise

blarko

Has anyone ever flown out of Melbourne International airport (MLB), rather than Orlando international? How far is MLB from port Canaveral? Would an 11:30 a.m. flight be reasonable, giving me enough time to disembark and get to the airport to catch the flight? The cost to fly out of MLB is almost $100 less pp than flying out of MCO!!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Has anyone ever flown out of Melbourne International airport (MLB), rather than Orlando international? How far is MLB from port Canaveral? Would an 11:30 a.m. flight be reasonable, giving me enough time to disembark and get to the airport to catch the flight? The cost to fly out of MLB is almost $100 less pp than flying out of MCO!!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We have, it's about 45 minutes from the port to the airport

MLB is very small... 6 gates.

We used carnival air ( never again) and transfers ( always use) and they state not to book flights out of MLB til 1230 and MCO til 1

We were the only passengers in the airport for over 2 hrs... We had the entire place to ourselves.... It was nice and quiet

We are also thinking about booking flights to and from MLB also because of the price.... But we are worried about not having a larger access to flights in case of cancellation.

It's been 4 ys since we departed out of PC, so I honestly don't remember what time we debarked or made it to the airport.. Sorry

But if you are doing self assist and your own transportation.... I would think you can make it

The typo in your title caught me off guard. I was expecting a post about some sort of physical confrontation during debarkation. :D

Oops! I just noticed that too! :o

YES!!! Melbourne is absolutely wonderful. As someone stated above, it's a small airport with only a handful of flights, so lines are non-existent. The drive from Melbourne to Port Canaveral is also shorter than the drive from Orlando. If you rent a car, it will be waiting a few feet away, right across the terminal, instead of at a remote multi-level facility far away. It has the feel of a small town, regional airport.

Given a choice, I'd pick flying into Melbourne over Orlando any day, and since they have nonstop flights from where I live, it makes it the logical choice.

I actually flew through Orlando last Saturday (just connecting) and I had to change airlines and terminals. What a NIGHTMARE! Even though we had 2 hours between flights, we almost missed our connection! First, we ran from one side of the airport to the other, Then, the security checkpoint on the other side took my breath away (in a bad way). Hundreds and hundreds of people, many families with strollers, screaming and fighting kids (including mine who started losing it after standing in line with nothing better to do than to taunt each other). After we finally made it through, one of the trams to the gates was out of service so we had to wait for the mass of people that had agglomerated in front of the one operating tram to get on. After being unable to get on 2 trams, we finally got on. We made it to our gate as the agent was walking with the final paperwork to the door..

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral next month. We are NOT even entertaining the idea of flying to Orlando in the middle of the summer! :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

The typo in your title caught me off guard. I was expecting a post about some sort of physical confrontation during debarkation. :D

Me too! It also caught me off guard.

We've experienced fights after a cruise waiting for our flight. Not pretty. Anchorage airport and the luggage belt shut down. Not pretty at all.

Oops! I just noticed that too! :o

This is one way to get someone's attention to your post. I was thinking that self-disembark got a little physical and came here looking for the exciting details on this boring mid-week day.