Non-Valet Parking in Ft. Lauderdale

jdbmga

Is there any non-valet parking in Ft. Lauderdale besides at the port? We aren't comfortable with leaving our keys and possibly having our truck moved around all week.

I believe the Park & Fly you keep your keys......

What??? Move your car around if you valet???

I would NOT want that!

Isn't there just a "Park your own car and pay for the week"..

I want to park at the port, have my car there when I get off the ship and put my luggage back in my car and drive home.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me???....... I've been reading these threads and it seems as if there is no parking your own car and keeping your keys with you at the pier....Maybe I am misunderstanding ( I sure hope I am misunderstanding something here...)

Please help!!

What??? Move your car around if you valet???

I would NOT want that!

Isn't there just a "Park your own car and pay for the week"..

I want to park at the port, have my car there when I get off the ship and put my luggage back in my car and drive home.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me???....... I've been reading these threads and it seems as if there is no parking your own car and keeping your keys with you at the pier....Maybe I am misunderstanding ( I sure hope I am misunderstanding something here...)

Please help!!

Greetings

You can park at one of the lots on Port Everglades property and keep your keys. These lots are currently $15/day. You can find info here:

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/

There are off-site parking lots which are cheaper. Park n Go is located at the main port entrance and requires you to leave the keys. Park n Fly is also at the port entrance and does not require you to leave the keys. Other off-site lots are available, but these two seem to have the best history.

Good Sailing

Tom

Thanks, Tom

Are there advantages to parking at Park 'N Fly vs. right at the port (near terminal 18)? It looks to be only a few dollars less expensive to park at PNF for a 7 day cruise.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

One other question--is there enough spaces to actually part at Port Everglades (paying the $15 day) not the Park n Go or Park n Fly....

Thanks.

Thanks, Tom

Are there advantages to parking at Park 'N Fly vs. right at the port (near terminal 18)? It looks to be only a few dollars less expensive to park at PNF for a 7 day cruise.

Greetings

The difference for a 7 day cruise is $49. Not a huge amount of money, but a few rounds of drinks on the ship. If you park at the port lots, you have to haul your own luggage. For departures you can drop your SO and the luggage off at the terminal then park the car and meet up at the terminal. That isn't so easy upon arrival, most the time you end up schlepping your bags back to the car. Again not a big deal, but something to consider.

Good Sailing

Tom

Thanks everyone for the replies.

One other question--is there enough spaces to actually part at Port Everglades (paying the $15 day) not the Park n Go or Park n Fly....

Thanks.

Greetings

The garages and lots are quite large and spaces should not be a problem. That being said, they are like any lots and often the spaces available are not the most convenient spaces. In the garages it could be a good walk to the elevators and exits and the lot spaces could be the farthest from the terminal. I have used the on site garages and lots and never had a problem (except for a long walk) so if you want to park on site then go for it.

Good Sailing

Tom

Maybe I am doing something wrong or it's the time of year we are cruising but the cost for PNF after taxes and fees is $92.54 for a 7 day cruise vs. $105 for the port. I will probably still use PNF though bc of the reason you stated.

If you park at the port lots, you have to haul your own luggage. For departures you can drop your SO and the luggage off at the terminal then park the car and meet up at the terminal. That isn't so easy upon arrival, most the time you end up schlepping your bags back to the car. Again not a big deal, but something to consider.

Good Sailing

Tom

Shlepping luggage will be dependent on your terminal and the location of the closest parking garage. For example Princess uses terminals 2 and 21 and there are garages right next to each. We drive up and drop off our luggage (and me :p) and DH parks the car and is back within 5 minutes. No problem disembarking either. Take a look at the port map with the terminals and garages highlighted: http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/MEDIA/PEG410_Map.pdf