Voyager Cabin Offer - Advice Needed

bamadad

Although we have sailed on Navigator and Mariner, we are taking our first Voyager cruise beginning June 2. TA just called with really attractive upgrade offer to a Penthouse B on the 6th floor (several choices). The PHB on the 6th floor are near the rear of the ship. I need advice from those of you who have sailed the Voyager if these PHB cabins are too close to the rear to avoid the often discussed vibration. Thoughts please. Thanks

Tim

We did 119 day 2010 world cruise in suite 671, a Cat H at very back. Only thing that bothered me was speakers in ceiling of Horizon Lounge directly below us. Complained several times and Jamie, CD, would turn volume down but next night band would turn it back up. Franck, GM, finally took care of it in a meeting with us and Jamie. He told Jamie to "fix it" in no uncertain terms! This should not be issue further forward in Penthouse suites. We were not bothered by vibrations on Voyager. (Navigator is a BAD though) I think you will be very pleased with Deck 6 Penthouse B's.

Standard Voyager cabins are about 50 sq ft larger than Mariner's but Voyager PH, as I recall, are only a few sq ft more than the standard cabin but PH has a better layout and probably has butler if that's important for you.

Depending on the price they offer it could be a good deal or not, weigh the pros ands cons and price.

If the suite is on the port (left) side of the ship, it appears that the penthouse suites on deck 6 are above Signatures which should not be a problem. If you have a choice, I would take the lowest numbered suite since that puts you further away from Horizons lounge.

Bamadad - TedC is correct regarding the difference between Mariner and Voyager Deluxe Staterooms. Percentage-wise, the Voyager Deluxe SR's are significantly larger than Mariner's.

The difference between a Voyager Deluxe/Concierge SR and the Voyager Penthouse B is "only" 14 Sq ft. BUT, the "shape/s" of those two categories are quite different. The standard (Deluxe and Concierge) SR's on Voyager are long and narrow, whereas the Voyager Penthouse, in addition to it being (only) 14 sq ft. larger is also "square" in it's layout, and that difference in shape makes it feel and look much larger. It seems easier to move around in.

If Regent is only asking an additional $300-$400 (each) to upgrade/upsell to the penthouse (from the Deluxe), I'd probably go ahead and pay it. Percentage-wise, that's a small additional amount to pay in relation to the total cost of your trip. Going from a Mariner "deluxe" SR to a Voyager "Penthouse" will seem "palacial"! :)

Since you're going through a TA, you've probably already received some sigificant discounts/OBC's. I think I would "go for it" and spoil yourself (purchase the upgrade to a penthouse). That's just my 2-cents. We'll be boarding Voyager the day your cruise ends....Please don't drink up all the single malt scotch! Save some for me. :D Best Regards.

We have been in 861 and 862, no vibration issues at all. I think that the location of those aft PH suites on Voyager are all fine. Yes, the cabin is only a little bit larger, but the layout makes them feel much larger and we loved those PH suites on Voyager. If the offer is attractive price wise I would go for it.

Have a wonderful cruise.

All,

Thanks for all the advice. At the end of the day, we decided to stay up on deck 8. The only PHB left was above the Horizons Lounge bar area, so we passed it up.

Pingpong, we will try to leave you a bit of scotch.

Tim

Bamadad - Tim, Thanks for the thoughtfulness! :p I'm sure you are going to have a wonderful cruise (as we all are). The only suite that would be "better situated" would be one that's actually located INSIDE the Horizon's Lounge! That way, you could just stroll up to the bar in your pajama's and slippers - or better yet, have the server bring the drink over to your bedside table :D Best Regards.

• 4 months later...
We have been in 861 and 862, no vibration issues at all. I think that the location of those aft PH suites on Voyager are all fine. Yes, the cabin is only a little bit larger, but the layout makes them feel much larger and we loved those PH suites on Voyager. If the offer is attractive price wise I would go for it.

Have a wonderful cruise.

We are on our first RSS Cruise in November (Dubai to Cape Town) and staying in 861. Couple of questions:

1. Room noise from laundry room or noise above/below?

2. View - do the life boats below obstruct that view?

We are looking forward to it for sure!

Jay and Kathy

There should be no noise from the laundry rooms unless you are across from one and someone leaves the door open.

There are no obstructed views on the Voyager unless you are looking straight down at the life boats. We have been above them several times and it didn't bother us a bit.

Enjoy your cruise!

861 is a few doors down from the laundry room, I worried this a little too, but it was no issue at all, never heard a sound, but it was nice and convenient if I needed to run in and quickly press something. No issue with the lifeboats either, as TC2 said, you look down and can see them, but they do not obscure the view in any way. Loved that suite, and deck 8 is perfect location as you have cabins above and below you, and there are just thos few cabins in that corridor so nice and quiet. Also there was none of the vibration issue in this location, only once you go past the laundry room will you notice it.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by ridolphi