Freedom Of The Seas Cancelled for the month for Jan 2015

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Sorry to bring this older thread back up, but have any recent passengers heard any new news regarding what is happening during the drydock??

Similar to what Navigator received.

Deck 3 new inside cabins where the Crypt was.

Deck 4 New restaurant Sabor where the Crypt was.

Izumi is being added.

Deck 12 new balcony and oceanview cabins.

Cupcake Cupboard relocation.

No Dynamic Dinning as previously rumored.

If you look at the new deck plans for the Navigator it will give you a general idea.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Similar to what Navigator received.

Deck 3 new inside cabins where the Crypt was.

Deck 4 New restaurant Sabor where the Crypt was.

Izumi is being added.

Deck 12 new balcony and oceanview cabins.

Cupcake Cupboard relocation.

No Dynamic Dinning as previously rumored.

If you look at the new deck plans for the Navigator it will give you a general idea.

I thought they were not getting the extra cabins on deck 12, because if you want to book after January, you won't find any cabins available on 12. Deck 10 is where it stops!

I thought they were not getting the extra cabins on deck 12, because if you want to book after January, you won't find any cabins available on 12. Deck 10 is where it stops!

We were also told in October no Sabor and Izumi will be located on the second floor of the Crypt. Let the guessing begin...again. :D

Just off FOS yesterday. Rumors relayed were that she will undergo similar changes as instituted recently on Oasis. Dynamic dining, therefore new restaurants, elimination of the Crypt and most likely a designated Suites Guest only Lounge.

Royal Caribbean management confirmed over a month ago no Dynamic Dinning for Freedom.

That could be true for the Deck 12 cabins. IIRC back when Navigator was getting refit the word on Freedom was that the upgrades would follow Navigator closely.

Royal Caribbean management confirmed over a month ago no Dynamic Dinning for Freedom.

Just off FOS yesterday. Rumors relayed were that she will undergo similar changes as instituted recently on Oasis. Dynamic dining, therefore new restaurants, elimination of the Crypt and most likely a designated Suites Guest only Lounge.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to make the changes to implement Dynamic Dining on FOS, even though they said they have no plans to do so. I imagine, IF they decided to proceed down that route, that they would wait until after it was implemented on Oasis to start so that they can work out the kinks on a ship transitioning from Traditional to Dynamic before they go and roll it out on more than one without testing it.

I guess we will just have to wait and see...

I'm sailing on March 8th and I'm already getting welcome aboard notices telling me to choose my excursions, but nothing more exciting than that! :confused:

Cheryl

I'm sailing on Feb 15th and RCI hasn't sent any emails yet for that cruise....

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to make the changes to implement Dynamic Dining on FOS, even though they said they have no plans to do so. I imagine, IF they decided to proceed down that route, that they would wait until after it was implemented on Oasis to start so that they can work out the kinks on a ship transitioning from Traditional to Dynamic before they go and roll it out on more than one without testing it.

I guess we will just have to wait and see...

We make final payment on or before Dec. 9 for Feb. 22 so I would hope they would wait until a few months before final payment before implementing it for a sailing.

I'm sailing on Feb 15th and RCI hasn't sent any emails yet for that cruise....

Hi Robyn!

I don't know if you remember me, we sailed together on the FOS in 2009! You'll have to report in to us after your cruise as we board on March 8th!

Cheryl

Hi Robyn!

I don't know if you remember me, we sailed together on the FOS in 2009! You'll have to report in to us after your cruise as we board on March 8th!

Cheryl

And then you can come back and report what you hear for those of us sailing in April. :D

I'm on Freedom RIGHT NOW. What they are going to do is what they've done to other ships already: get rid of Rock Climbing wall and some lounges, etc. to make more guest rooms. Also changing the dining room...not sure what they are going to do with that.

Anyway, More guests=more money and less room to roam. I canceled my March Freedom cruise. Gonna try something else.

Edited by GonnaSailtoo