What To do In The Spa

AlohaPride

My girls (and husband ;) ) gave me money to pre-purchase a spa treat on our Amsterdam cruise this August for Mother's Day. What treatment/massage/whatever should I do?? It'll be my first onboard experience aside from the hydrotherapy pool/thermal suite on the Noordam.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Edited by AlohaPride

What do you like? (Not trying to be difficult here, just looking for some info ;) ) For me, if there is a pedicure with hot wax dip, and leg massage, I'd be all over that :D Not everyone likes having their feet touched, though.

Also, find out from the returning pax what specials were offered on port days -- sometimes there are amaaaaaaaaaaazing deals on port days, which might maximize your money. That works only if you have very little planned for a particular port, though.

What do you like? (Not trying to be difficult here, just looking for some info ;) ) For me, if there is a pedicure with hot wax dip, and leg massage, I'd be all over that :D Not everyone likes having their feet touched, though.

Also, find out from the returning pax what specials were offered on port days -- sometimes there are amaaaaaaaaaaazing deals on port days, which might maximize your money. That works only if you have very little planned for a particular port, though.

I love pedicures, but will already have one before we leave on our trip. I love massage (not shiatzu), have never had a facial but am open to the idea.

Great idea about just waiting until I'm on board to book ;)

for Alaska especially - I vote Hydropool.

The pool and those warm beds after a cold day of glacier watching... Oh yeah!

Isn't it just a hot tub on the Amsterdam? Will I like it after loving the pool on the Noordam? I do so love the ceramic loungers.

You could try the massage with the seaweed full body wrap. You are coated head to toe, wrapped up then lay on a heated zero gravity bed. I booked it for my DW, she was so happy with it I booked one for myself.

You could try the massage with the seaweed full body wrap. You are coated head to toe, wrapped up then lay on a heated zero gravity bed. I booked it for my DW, she was so happy with it I booked one for myself.

I love to choose their 4 mini treatments (each is 15 minutes) for $99. Even better when one has SBC. I get the scalp massage with frangiapani oil, neck and upper back massage, foot massage and facial. Can't wait to book this next month in Alaska:)

Edited by Sue from Canada

for Alaska especially - I vote Hydropool.

The pool and those warm beds after a cold day of glacier watching... Oh yeah!

Isn't it just a hot tub on the Amsterdam? Will I like it after loving the pool on the Noordam? I do so love the ceramic loungers.

You're right, Mary. On the Amsterdam it's just a glorified hot tub, not anything like the hydropool you enjoyed on the Noordam. :( The view is a good one, though, and you do get the ceramic loungers with the fee.

Take a good look at the hot stone massage, or consider a full body massage. Love 'em!

Hot Stone Massage...love!

Oooo. That sounds nice!

You're right, Mary. On the Amsterdam it's just a glorified hot tub, not anything like the hydropool you enjoyed on the Noordam. :( The view is a good one, though, and you do get the ceramic loungers with the fee.

Take a good look at the hot stone massage, or consider a full body massage. Love 'em!

I would assume that it is cheaper than on the Noordam, then? Or am I mistaken?

I love to choose their 4 mini treatments (each is 15 minutes) for $99. Even better when one has SBC. I get the scalp massage with frangiapani oil, neck and upper back massage, foot massage and facial. Can't wait to book this next month in Alaska:)

Is this a special they have on board? I can't find it online. This sounds great!

Oooo. That sounds nice!

I would assume that it is cheaper than on the Noordam, then? Or am I mistaken?

I don't know. Since I don't care to use the spa pool on the S-& R-ships, I've never priced it.

I do hope someone can come along and answer, though, as it's a good question. Certainly it should cost less on the smaller ships, as you're not getting the same product.

I don't know. Since I don't care to use the spa pool on the S-& R-ships, I've never priced it.

I do hope someone can come along and answer, though, as it's a good question. Certainly it should cost less on the smaller ships, as you're not getting the same product.

Were you on the mighty "O"? If so how did you find her? Was the dive-in open?