Booking Shore Excursions while using a TA?

rbp3072

I've never used a TA for a cruise, (only once when I flew with a co-worker/friend for a personal trip to Prague....which was awesome)...anyway....

If I transfer my upcoming cruises to a TA, (whether it's a full-service 'Brick & Mortar' that I'm looking at, or simply a 'Big Box Member' place), how do shore excursion work?

I understand that since I haven't made final payment, I can transfer everything over and get any OBC/perks the TA is offering, I'm basically just paying them now. I am highly interested in this, as the Big Box has a very hefty OBC for my upcoming TA. It is VERY generous, haha.

But, can I still log in in to HAL and purchase my shore excursions? Or can I log in, but just not buy them, and have to tell my TA what I want? Or can I not even log in and see what excursions they have once I transfer it over to a TA?

I'm not sure even a hefty OBC is worth it if I have to give up being able to log in myself and at least see what's out there and read the reviews on HAL.

We use a travel agent, and we always book our own shore excursions, both before the cruise and while on board. Occasionally, our TA has inquired if we want a HAL transfer, but other than that, she has never mentioned shore excursions, wine or spa packages, etc.

We also use a TA and book our excursions ourselves. To find out what excursions are available you don't even need to be booked. Start doing a dummy booking and when you get to the point where it shows the itinerary, above the Day and Date columns you'll see a View Shore Excursions blue button. Click that and you get a pdf showing actual prices. Of course if you look at a cruise too far out it will generally not be ready yet.

To book one, just log into HAL, go to My Account > My Reservations > Purchase Excursions

Edited by jtl513

We always use a TA.

Once you have a booking number (and paid a deposit) go to the tab on the HAL site FOR BOOKED GUESTS - you can book any excursions, drink packages, spa etc etc on your own (which to me is a lot more fun than having my TA do it) :D

We also use the TA for booking cruise, air, etc., but do our own shore excursions. She is one I have used for years and I think either there is no commission on the excursions or if there is, she gets it due to booking being connected to her. I remember I did ask her and she said go ahead :).