Prerelease killed Dynamic Dining

RCCL has taken a formerly simple process and has TOTALLY DROPPED THE BALL> Whomever is their Chief Technology Officer needs to be fired. The dinner reservation system remains unfixed and not flexible. The Entertainment system reflects no late shows Therefore, there is no coordination with the dinner availability. Someone from RCCL needs to note all the problems and issues and determine a way to resolve them for the majority of Non Pre- Selected Cruisers. i urge everyone to reach out to RCCL and send them a message that this needs to be fixed now

Royal Caribbean to send Quantum of the Seas on 53-night around the world cruise

When Royal Caribbean sends Quantum to China in 2015, it will do so as part of an epic 53-night journey. OMG! Imagine trying to book dynamic dining reservations for THAT cruise!!

wait.jpeg

When Royal Caribbean sends Quantum to China in 2015, it will do so as part of an epic 53-night journey. OMG! Imagine trying to book dynamic dining reservations for THAT cruise!!

wait.jpeg

So awesome. Thank you for this! ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

wait.jpeg

Lol! Too funny!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't see why that would make a difference. I probably called earlier than you did. And they told me that yes, I had been preselected.

As previously stated people were being called prior to any announcements. So the fact you called after hearing bookings were open would likely leave you with the "left overs" from those of us who were called prior. The fact you had to call in would show you were givin the left overs. I was called at 8:45am on the first day people reported being called for pre selected dinner times. I had full availability to all times. Our friends who are cruising with us also had full times available. My parents who are sailing quantum on a seperate sailing were also called. Although they were called 25 mins before me. And they also had full options. If you were preselected I'm not sure why you would have to call in. Most people were called

As previously stated people were being called prior to any announcements. So the fact you called after hearing bookings were open would likely leave you with the "left overs" from those of us who were called prior. The fact you had to call in would show you were givin the left overs. I was called at 8:45am on the first day people reported being called for pre selected dinner times. I had full availability to all times. Our friends who are cruising with us also had full times available. My parents who are sailing quantum on a seperate sailing were also called. Although they were called 25 mins before me. And they also had full options. If you were preselected I'm not sure why you would have to call in. Most people were called

I booked my DD on April 1st.

Looks like you booked yours on April 4th.

If you were preselected I'm not sure why you would have to call in. Most people were called

I too was pre selected and the phone calls came over a few days. When I first read about it here on CC I called myself to be pro active about it as I had not received a phone call yet. She confirmed I was on the pre select list, invited me to book

and so I did on April 3/14

I was booking for 2 people and I as well could not get all my first choices of times.

I was trying to book about the 7 - 8 pm frame.

Edited by emmy

• 2 weeks later...
I booked my DD on April 1st.

Looks like you booked yours on April 4th.

No I was called Monday march 31. I know this because they woke me up very early on Monday. I work from home and Monday is an off day for me.

No I was called Monday march 31. I know this because they woke me up very early on Monday. I work from home and Monday is an off day for me.

You posted on April 4th:

"They called me early this morning. I missed the call but the id wasn't blocked. It was a local number to me. Calling a now."

April 1st: "Interesting info. So rccl has been calling you for the reservations?"

You posted on April 4th:

"They called me early this morning. I missed the call but the id wasn't blocked. It was a local number to me. Calling a now."

April 1st: "Interesting info. So rccl has been calling you for the reservations?"

If that's the day I posted they called then yes that's when they called. I could have sworn it was Monday but I Forsure remember being woken by their call. I still find it odd that I had no issues with times. When were you looking? Time wise. I always looked for 8:45 or later. We are late eaters.

We have spent Countless Hours on the phone with RCCL booking our reservations, not counting all the hours on their Web site. Now that we are booked, this message is Now on My

Calendar......

" Online reservations for one or more items in your cart are unavailable at this time, please inquire onboard for last minute availibility."

What Does this Mean?

RCCL cannot even spell Availability !!!!!!!

We are doing Back to Back Cruises on the Quantum..... I keep thinking we ought to CANCEL!!

We have spent Countless Hours on the phone with RCCL booking our reservations, not counting all the hours on their Web site. Now that we are booked, this message is Now on My

Calendar......

" Online reservations for one or more items in your cart are unavailable at this time, please inquire onboard for last minute availibility."

What Does this Mean?

RCCL cannot even spell Availability !!!!!!!

We are doing Back to Back Cruises on the Quantum..... I keep thinking we ought to CANCEL!!

I've had that on my account for both reservations ever since they did their upgrade on Monday. I mentioned it to the person i was on the phone with yesterday and she asked me to stay out of my account for 30 minutes so she could go in and take a screen shot for IT. It hasn't stopped me from doing anything I previously could (which was nearly nothing) and I haven't seen anything lost. It just seems like an error, possibly related to duplicate bookings caused by previous issues.

I've had that on my account for both reservations ever since they did their upgrade on Monday. I mentioned it to the person i was on the phone with yesterday and she asked me to stay out of my account for 30 minutes so she could go in and take a screen shot for IT. It hasn't stopped me from doing anything I previously could (which was nearly nothing) and I haven't seen anything lost. It just seems like an error, possibly related to duplicate bookings caused by previous issues.

I made reservations for every night of our 9-night Quantum cruise... only night 6 is not showing any dinner reservation. I received the message about a dinner reservation being removed from my cart because it is no longer available yesterday. The message dissappeared after I accessed the cruise planner that time. However, because night 6 dinner reservation is missing, when I try to go in to make a reservation for that night, I get the message that I am trying to book a conflicing dinner reservation and to move ahead, I have to cancel the first reservation... Okay, so I click "Yes, cancel the first reservation" to continue, and then I get the message that the system is unable to add the item to my cart - try again onboard. hmmmm... the system is very quirky and I don't think that RCCI's IT department knows what issues still exist or what new issues they are creating by fixing some of the older bugs. They really need a better IT services implementation team working on such a big and important, customer-facing system. When you are dealing with customers, you really have very little room for errors. From an IT perspective, this was an 'epic fail' for RCCI... I am sure that at some point they will get it working properly, but trial and error is not a good way to do a rollout.

• 3 months later...

The whole thing is a sack. I will hold my hands up and say I am not tech savvy, but neither am I a luddite! I had awful trouble trying to book! The system is clunky, hard to navigate, and a lot more complicated than it needs to be!

I wonder what people who do not have access to computers, or the time, inclination, or patience are supposed to do? Also, how can we book our meals when we dont know what else is happening that night. I know my own cruise is AGES off yet, so nothing has been said about entertainment or times of such- but I know that a lot of the slots I tried to book were "unavailable" - so I can only hope that the slots I was able to book give me a chance to get to an occasional show!

Still, I shall try to keep an open mind and not let my negative experience of booking meals colour what is bound to be be an amazing vacation.

• 2 weeks later...