Solo Fashionista gets some Sunshine (Take 2!)

lara_lox

Stumbled upon your review and LOVED it! I will be doing this cruise in 178 days and it's so nice to see someone who enjoys not sweating the small stuff.

We tend to find the single cruisers (my wife and I usually have my MIL, a single, tagging along with us) and latch onto them! We would have gotten along famously :) I hope your return trip to FL was amazing :)

Loved your review! Will be on the Sunshine in September. Can I ask your cabin number? We have a porthole cabin on deck 1, so I think it will be exactly like yours, or very similar. Did you have a fridge?

Loved your review! Will be on the Sunshine in September. Can I ask your cabin number? We have a porthole cabin on deck 1, so I think it will be exactly like yours, or very similar. Did you have a fridge?

Sorry for being off topic, but how/where do you get the Carnival gold symbol?

Sorry for being off topic, but how/where do you get the Carnival gold symbol?

Had it for a while now. Can't remember exactly, but I think I copied it off another person's signature. I believe you can right click the image and copy the URL, then paste the URL into your signature and save the changes. Here is the URL from my signature for the gold:

https://secure.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/Loyalty/icons/vifpGoldlgpng.ashx

Hopefully that works :D

Had it for a while now. Can't remember exactly, but I think I copied it off another person's signature. I believe you can right click the image and copy the URL, then paste the URL into your signature and save the changes. Here is the URL from my signature for the gold:

https://secure.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/Loyalty/icons/vifpGoldlgpng.ashx

Hopefully that works :D

Thank you! :)

I was in 2105 and no, there wasn't a fridge. The porthole cabin configurations vary a bit, mine was advertised as a twin bed and a sofa bed. Others say a twin and a pull down, so that option may well be different than mine was.

• 1 month later...
I was in 2105 and no, there wasn't a fridge. The porthole cabin configurations vary a bit, mine was advertised as a twin bed and a sofa bed. Others say a twin and a pull down, so that option may well be different than mine was.

Can we look forward to the next Solo Fashionista adventure? Anything booked :D

Can we look forward to the next Solo Fashionista adventure? Anything booked :D

There's no cruise booked yet due to my American adventures in between, but.....

It's my 30th birthday in December so *maybe* I will be cruising for that :cool:

I just stumbled on this review and read the entire thing this morning. Loved it! What a fun and ever so stylish young lady you are.

Cheers! :)

Thank you, what a lovely compliment!

Noticing a few new comments on this review prompted me to re-read it, and I know that might seem silly given that I wrote it, but I love going back over my reviews as it reminds me of all the little details and brings the experience back :)

• 4 months later...
There's no cruise booked yet due to my American adventures in between, but.....

It's my 30th birthday in December so *maybe* I will be cruising for that :cool:

Hey Lara, Am I crazy or has your birthday just passed? Happy birthday, thank you for all the fun stories you shared with us! I wish you many more happy Cruises :D Cheers!

• 2 months later...
Hey Lara, Am I crazy or has your birthday just passed? Happy birthday, thank you for all the fun stories you shared with us! I wish you many more happy Cruises :D Cheers!

Hi! Thank you, yes you were right and it had just been my birthday. I did go cruising, but for personal reasons decided not to post a review right away, but I've started it now. Here's the link if you're interested...

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2170127

I saw this review this morning & started reading it - but then I noticed many links to your previous voyages - - none of which I had ever seen:eek:

So - I have spent my morning trying to catch up - I am on the Spirit with you now! Fun - love the dresses, shoes and all the fun you generate!

• 1 month later...

Hi Lara,

Could you tell me what your cabin number was on this cruise. I know it was a 1A, but it looked so nice, I'm wondering which one it was.

We are taking a Sunshine cruise soon. Thank You

Hi Lara,

Could you tell me what your cabin number was on this cruise. I know it was a 1A, but it looked so nice, I'm wondering which one it was.

We are taking a Sunshine cruise soon. Thank You

It was 2105. It was a great cabin, so much so that I've booked it again for my next Sunshine cruise! The only downside is that being right at the front and bottom of the ship, there was sometimes a really loud, juddering vibration when we docked. Presumably from the thrusters or some other other mechanics. It just meant there was no chance of accidentally sleeping through a port day!

It was 2105. It was a great cabin, so much so that I've booked it again for my next Sunshine cruise! The only downside is that being right at the front and bottom of the ship, there was sometimes a really loud, juddering vibration when we docked. Presumably from the thrusters or some other other mechanics. It just meant there was no chance of accidentally sleeping through a port day!

You're right, except for the location, this cabin looks great. Thanks