Ms Belljoure & CMV Vienna I

London-Calling

Hello London-Calling,

I have been on neither ship, but have sailed with the company Transocean that uses the Bellejour (the correct spelling if we mean the same vessel). I was very happy with the service on the Belvedere in 2013. The Bellejour used to be called Johann Strauß until 2013. For this ship you will therefore find no up-to-date review as regards service, crew or food.

The Vienna I changed its name from Avalon Tapestry for the season of 2013. Therefore there will not be many reviews available.

Both ships are owned by Premicon AG.

This information is supplied on the German wikipedia site.

I would be happy to know a bit more about the company CMV. Do they market in the UK? Edit: I have just seen that you have mentioned the company in another thread!

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid
Clarification

Thank you FuelScience,

that is very interesting. I thought that Viking does not lease/charter the ships anymore (apart from the Douro until last year) and that they owned all their ships!

notamermaid

I would be happy to know a bit more about the company CMV. Do they market in the UK?

Thanks for the advice.

CMV are British and run several older/smaller Ocean Ships. They are a 'budget' operation often offering good-value, but of course NOT 5 star products.

It's seemed odd that they started offering River Cruises, as they have a 'budget' image, although the early prices for their river cruises were not cheap. However there are deep discounts now.

It looks like they are only chartering the boat until June this year, anyway.

http://www.cruiseandmaritime.com