Great Job HALfacts! Wow!

CowPrincess

Just wanted to let the volunteers who work on HALfacts know that you've hit the "big time" -- I was googling for some info on an old HAL ship, and got dozens of "halfacts" referrals on the first few pages.

(Didn't get my answer, but thought I'd let you know that Google is likin' you a lot :D)

Also, let me tell you how impressed I am with your site -- easy to use, easy to navigate, so well laid-out. I'm using it a lot to find info on specific things. A big "thanks" to all of you for your work!

I love halfacts:). I was just thinking a few weeks ago how easy it is to find everything. Before I just gave up because I got frustrated. Thanks for the reminder. I wanted to say something earlier but I kept forgetting:o.

Thank you for posting this - I had gotten into the site before but forgot what it was called:o - now I have it bookmarked. Great information, so excited with my Volendam cruise coming up, have been able to research lots on this site.

I would also like to thanks the volunteers who do the work on Halfacts. I have used it many times and have learnt so much.

Hopefully our second cruise next year will be filled with things that I didn't know about last year on our first cruise. I had not found CC then either.

Let me add my Kudos!

The site is great. I love being able to see what a given cabin will look like. I was so impressed I sent in pics of our cabin from our last cruise, and I will continue to do this.

Something to consider that might inspire us "photo bugs." Perhaps you could add a list of photos you would like to have and we could accommodate, especially if you are looking for public areas.

Thanks again!

I have to add my thanks to all those who work so hard on making the site so wonderful!

So easy to navigate - helpful in many ways - and accurate!!! :)

What a great resource for all of us - from seasoned to newbie.

I have to add my thanks to all those who work so hard on making the site so wonderful!

So easy to navigate - helpful in many ways - and accurate!!! :)

What a great resource for all of us - from seasoned to newbie.

DITTO--our feelings exactly:)

At the risk of being flamed by you all, I fail to see why Cruise Critic Allows the promoting of a web site that detracts from talking with each other here? Pretty soon there will be not much of a reason to visit the Holland Page here when everything you need to know is easily found elsewhere.

Maybe a moderator or Laura will see this and weigh in with their thoughts.

All that being said, HAL Facts is a cute little site to look at photographs. It also seems that there might be some issues regarding the accuracy of the 2nd hand non verified information being presented.

At the risk of being flamed by you all, I fail to see why Cruise Critic Allows the promoting of a web site that detracts from talking with each other here? Pretty soon there will be not much of a reason to visit the Holland Page here when everything you need to know is easily found elsewhere.

All that being said, HAL Facts is a cute little site to look at photographs. It also seems that there might be some issues regarding the accuracy of the 2nd hand non verified information being presented.

Wow. That's a strange way of looking at it...to each their own, I guess. :rolleyes:

We have continued to be in contact with CC to insure that we don't step on their toes, so to speak. CC is about conversations - we are about pictures. We also have things like menus and daily planners which previously were cut and pasted multiple times. This just gives people a place to find them.

The moderators are aware of what is available and thus far are ok with it.

As to the accuracy of the information - it is presented as received from the CC members that choose to send it. Anyone who believes something is incorrect is most welcome to send an email to either the general account, or to any of us personally, and we will be happy to correct any errors. I believe most of the people involved in the site have an email address in their signature.

To those who have offered thanks, we all appreciate it. I am happy that most find the site useful.

Rich

Never mind, I feel your pain - why don't you red triangle it and put in a complaint to Laura (whoever she is)? or a moderator? That would probably be more effective than a negative post on this thread.

Actually, I find the site invaluable and it takes a tiny little space every now and then to remind people of it.

It also seems that there might be some issues regarding the accuracy of the 2nd hand non verified information being presented.

As opposed to the thoroughly vetted and fact checked information here? ;)