Suite Breakfast in Sabatinis

dopanate

IMO, it's totally over-rated so tell your friends they won't be missing that much. I guess I'm in the minority on that opinion though. It IS a more civilized way to have breakfast, but I haven't been that impressed with the service or the food. I guess I like to get what I want in the buffet, eat and get going.

I'm with you. The food was good - same as we would get w/ room service except the mimosa. The service was uncomfortable - 3 staff people staring and staring and staring at you while you ate - all they did was stare. We gave up after three tries. We much preferred room service.

On one cruise we had staff who said the menu is the only thing available but on others the staff have always been accomodating to whatever we want including James Beard French Toast (we just order it the day before). And we too like being able to talk to them about where they are from and their experiences. Plus they always have my mom's coffee ready for her, fill up her to go cup and help my father who needs extra attention. They also remember you when they see you outside of Sabitinis.

Yes, to each his own. Some appreciate the simpler things, some want something different. To us, repetition is consistency, not boredom.

As one of the respondents said the menu doesn't change from day to day, nor apparently from year to year (he's had 10 years experience of the Sab breakfast)

but one of the great things about dining in Sabatini's for breakfast is that, apart from the fast attentive service in a calm, quiet atmosphere with some soft Italian music playing, there is the ability to order anything that is being cooked on the ship that morning. On the Diamond to Alaska I ordered off-menu most mornings and the food came from the MDR or Horizon Court.

While it is a great treat to have breakfast on the balcony it is nice to be able to raise an eyebrow and get yet another fresh and piping-hot cappuccino on demand. We usually tell our room steward we are going to breakfast so he makes up the room while we are gone and it's ours then until turn-down as we come and go often during the day.

At this point I am far from bored with it. Maybe time will tell....

Norris

I guess the whole idea of suite vs. other arrangements, Sabatini's vs. buffet vs. MDR breakfast is all about personal taste and preferences.

We always book an aft suite, or we don't go - period. We have stayed in smaller cabins and just find it too confining and the aft view is worth the money it commands.

I'd rather take two cruises per year and get exactly what I want, rather than more travel time compromising on living arrangements. Yes, elite members get many of the suite perks (we are elite too) but they don't enjoy the larger living arrangements, balcony, etc.

Sabatini's is for those who enjoy a more formal breakfast arrangement, attentive service and much more variety than the menu provides. If you ask for a rib-eye steak with your roasted potatoes and eggs; you will get it. I remember the first time I requested a double ration of crispy fried corn beef hash.....but, once they realized I would not be happy without it, they found it and fried it to my specs. They were happier than me in the fact they met the challenge and proved once again they really do want to exceed your expectations.

BTW - If you want rustic bread for toast, you just have to make the point that is what you prefer, they will do whatever they possibly can to exceed your expectations.

Those little extras are what generates employee feedback forms with glowing comments, which is the greatest currency you can utilize while on board.

Sabatini's is not for everybody, but as far as perks go, it is high on my list since they open and operate that space just for suite guests, many of whom never enjoy it. The cost vs. return is questionable, however they continue to offer it and I will continue to enjoy the hell out of it.

Yes, to each his own. Some appreciate the simpler things, some want something different. To us, repetition is consistency, not boredom.

Couldn't agree with you more! We simply love the relaxed atmosphere and service! :) By the way you can also get 1 egg & bacon with toast if that is all that you want! ;) But the consistency begins and ends with Sabatini's Eggs Benedict! WOW!:D Looking forward to our next cruise!

Breakfast in Sabatini is a great experience if this is your first or even second suite experience. But for those of us who have travled in suites for the past 10 years, it gets to be old hat. As the Sabatini Maitre D may know your name by day 2, I could recite the entire menu after 2 cruises, and not one menue item has changed in the 10 years we have gone there. It becomes a little comical when you are handed the imposing menue with much pomp and circumstances when you already know what is in it!!

Actually the comical part is the fact that breakfast at Sabatini's did not start until 2009 so it would be hard to have dined there for 10 years.

The announcement was made to TA's at the end of November 2008 and we were one of the first to experience this onboard the Island in February 2009.

Mike;)

I guess the whole idea of suite vs. other arrangements, Sabatini's vs. buffet vs. MDR breakfast is all about personal taste and preferences.

We always book an aft suite, or we don't go - period. We have stayed in smaller cabins and just find it too confining and the aft view is worth the money it commands.

I'd rather take two cruises per year and get exactly what I want, rather than more travel time compromising on living arrangements. Yes, elite members get many of the suite perks (we are elite too) but they don't enjoy the larger living arrangements, balcony, etc.

Sabatini's is for those who enjoy a more formal breakfast arrangement, attentive service and much more variety than the menu provides. If you ask for a rib-eye steak with your roasted potatoes and eggs; you will get it. I remember the first time I requested a double ration of crispy fried corn beef hash.....but, once they realized I would not be happy without it, they found it and fried it to my specs. They were happier than me in the fact they met the challenge and proved once again they really do want to exceed your expectations.

BTW - If you want rustic bread for toast, you just have to make the point that is what you prefer, they will do whatever they possibly can to exceed your expectations.

Those little extras are what generates employee feedback forms with glowing comments, which is the greatest currency you can utilize while on board.

Sabatini's is not for everybody, but as far as perks go, it is high on my list since they open and operate that space just for suite guests, many of whom never enjoy it. The cost vs. return is questionable, however they continue to offer it and I will continue to enjoy the hell out of it.

Ditto.....:):):)

Bob

An aft PS is simply the best! The only negative is you'll love it so much you'll want to spend so much time there and on your verandah that you won't do much else on the ship. :- )

But it's a great view and so private you'll almost feel like you're on your own private ship.

Enjoy!!!

An aft PS is simply the best! The only negative is you'll love it so much you'll want to spend so much time there and on your verandah that you won't do much else on the ship. :- )

But it's a great view and so private you'll almost feel like you're on your own private ship.

Enjoy!!!

We will do our best to be up for the challenge!!!!!!!!

Someone mentioned that they could get the same breakfast from room service or the dining room? They cook the food at Sabatini's right there. I have never had eggs benedict (or any of the other dishes) this good in the dining room.

Thank you for expressing almost exactly our feelings about cruising. After sailing once in a PH suite on the port side on the Emerald years ago, we now book an aft suite or don't sail. My husband still works so we don't have unlimited vacation time, but we prefer to take one big trip in wonderful accommodations rather than a couple of little ones in smaller cabins.

As for the food at Sabatinis, we've found it to be delicious - much better than anything we've gotten in the dining room, buffet or from room service the few times we've ordered that. The last few times we've sailed with Princess the waiter has asked us if we wanted some off-menu things. On one cruise they noticed that I liked smoked salmon and our waiter asked if I would like an omelet with that. He also knew from conversations we'd had both at breakfast and at dinner that I love asparagus. So he brought me a heavenly omelet with delectable pieces of both. I don't think I've ever had a better one! I hope breakfast at Sabatinis is a suite perk that Princess will continue to offer.

Edited by Sunviking

Actually the comical part is the fact that breakfast at Sabatini's did not start until 2009 so it would be hard to have dined there for 10 years.

The announcement was made to TA's at the end of November 2008 and we were one of the first to experience this onboard the Island in February 2009.

Mike;)

I was thinkin the same thing. :eek:

I beg to differ, I have requested a slice of the "rustic" bread on many cruises, including my most5 recent and never been able to get it - being told it is for display only

I don't know of what magic pull you have, because I surely don't have it!!

I'm in the minority right there with you. On our 4-day suite life in March, we ate there once and were not compelled to go back. We had to leave our seats to find someone to get us a refill and my husband had to also leave his seat a second time to hunt for more syrup.

I heard all about special requests being honored at Sabatini's, but we got looked at like were were aliens. The menu is the menu, we were told.

The pastry tray was a delightful surprise but ultimately disappointing when they were still cold and hard from the fridge. My potatoes were very greasy and slimy.

*shrugs* I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Wow - our 2 weeks in a suite, we ate at Sabatini's every morning. If anything the service was almost too much - there was someone at our table constantly, asking if we needed anything, or asking about our cruise.

The pastry tray was never cold or hard. The potatoes were never greasy or slimy. My favorite was the poached egg over roasted potato, and the egg was always perfectly poached. The potatoes were never greasy. My husband asked for corned beef hash, and they told him it would be available for him the next day, and it was available for him any day after the first. I requested scrambled eggs with lox and onions a couple of times, and they readily made that for me.

We were always seated at a booth by the window, and the setting was for 2 to face the window. We prefer sitting on the booth with our backs to the window so that we can look at the restaurant. Each day when we came in they would have the settings rearranged by the time we got to our table - and would be ready with our coffee and orange juice.

It was a lovely way to start each day. I'm so sorry that it wasn't that way for you.

The pastry tray was never cold or hard. The potatoes were never greasy or slimy. My favorite was the poached egg over roasted potato, and the egg was always perfectly poached. The potatoes were never greasy. My husband asked for corned beef hash, and they told him it would be available for him the next day, and it was available for him any day after the first. I requested scrambled eggs with lox and onions a couple of times, and they readily made that for me.

The poached egg over roasted potato was my husbands favorite - and it was very good. DH insisted I go looking for those special "bowls" but I could never find them.

On our Coral cruise in March we experienced breakfast each morning at Sabatini's. Not because we had a suite, but because it was an award for it being our 75th Princess cruise. It was very nice, we enjoyed it, but I know we'll have to wait until #100 to get it again. Suites are nice; have had one once for 5 days. Just not willing to swing for the extra bucks.

We have only sailed one Princess and we were upgraded to a suite. Sabatini's was a favorite and there are many options. I do not eat eggs or most breakfast food normally served.

The staff was accomodating and served things I would like.

We are booked on CB for August and booked a suite! Sabatini's is a great first of the day experience and we are looking forward to it.

We have only sailed one Princess and we were upgraded to a suite. Sabatini's was a favorite and there are many options. I do not eat eggs or most breakfast food normally served.

The staff was accomodating and served things I would like.

We are booked on CB for August and booked a suite! Sabatini's is a great first of the day experience and we are looking forward to it.

They knew what they were doing with that upgrade. From now on you will need to book suites :D