Venice Water Taxi ?s

cruisequeen4ever

After reading the Trip Advisor reviews I have decided to pre-book with Consorzio Motoscafi. We will take the private water taxi to the hotel and then the Alilaguna on the return to the airport. It will end up being about 138 euro round trip this way so not too bad.

I also forgot to mention that we are staying at the Hilton Molino Stucky and I had found another thread where someone did the same thing and thought it worked well. They had a departing flight at 1:10 PM which is the same time as we have so return should be OK on the Alilaguna.

I just wanted to add this little tidbit to the discussion. Last fall, when transferring from our hotel to the port via private water taxi, I noted that our taxi was equipped with a hydraulic lift for the disabled for boarding and disembarking. A person in our group was helped by this assistance and I was glad to see this feature. I suspect not all taxis are equipped with the lift but it is good to know that some are.

I also forgot to mention that we are staying at the Hilton Molino Stucky and I had found another thread where someone did the same thing and thought it worked well. They had a departing flight at 1:10 PM which is the same time as we have so return should be OK on the Alilaguna.

That was me. Yes, it was fine, but we did leave the hotel at 9--we were up and dressed and ready to go, plus we had to retrieve our luggage from the left luggage office and do some repacking before checking in. We arrived at the airport by 10:45 and were at the gate by 11-11:15, so we had plenty of time.

That was me. Yes, it was fine, but we did leave the hotel at 9--we were up and dressed and ready to go, plus we had to retrieve our luggage from the left luggage office and do some repacking before checking in. We arrived at the airport by 10:45 and were at the gate by 11-11:15, so we had plenty of time.

Thanks! How did you like the hotel? Did you cruise out of Venice and if so were you able to take the alilaguna from the cruise terminal to the hotel?

We are staying 2 nights pre-cruise and one night after before flying home. I received info from delta that we should arrive at the airport three hours ahead of our flight so we will try to get to the airport by 10 am. Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. This is our second trip to Venice. We spent three nights last time as well (2006) at a hotel near the train station so we are looking forward to this area. We are diamond members with hilton so hope to enjoy a nice room with executive lounge access. I am hoping the lounge is open late like it was in Barcelona. ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks! How did you like the hotel? Did you cruise out of Venice and if so were you able to take the alilaguna from the cruise terminal to the hotel?

We are staying 2 nights pre-cruise and one night after before flying home. I received info from delta that we should arrive at the airport three hours ahead of our flight so we will try to get to the airport by 10 am. Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. This is our second trip to Venice. We spent three nights last time as well (2006) at a hotel near the train station so we are looking forward to this area. We are diamond members with hilton so hope to enjoy a nice room with executive lounge access. I am hoping the lounge is open late like it was in Barcelona. ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We loved the hotel and they gave us great upgrades. Hopefully you will get a room on the water overlooking Venice--the cruise ships pass by so close you feel like you can touch them! The exec lounge is a bit different, it's a glassed off portion of the lobby lounge, but there was a good breakfast with eggs and meat plus all the other goodies, snacks and beverages all day and wine and beer starting at 5 I believe and going until 11.

We drove to Venice and turned our car in at the airport--left our big suitcases there and just brought a carryon for our two nights. Took a water taxi because DH wanted to--even that took 45 minutes.

A friend recommended Alta Nella Restaurant on Guidecca, a 10 minute walk, and we enjoyed a fun dinner there on their deck in a huge thunderstorm! The next night we ate at a restaurant on the main promenade-that was good too. Luckily we were inside that night because the acqua alta came up and soaked all the tablecloths on the outdoor tables.

We ended up buying a vaporetto pass to get around to some places we wanted to go--there is a vaporetto stop not far from the hotel. Of course you can use the free shuttle but be sure to take the timetable with you--it's not very regular and in some cases if you missed it you would have to wait an hour or more.

I generally do not advocate large chain hotels in Europe, but this is a Hilton like no other and a really special property. Enjoy!!!