!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

First of all Gambee, my condolences to you, your Mom and family on the loss of someone so dear to you. Healing thoughts coming your way.

This review has been amazing, as all of your reviews have been. I really think you need to write for a travel magazine, so more people can experience your awesome reviews. There are so many people that don't even know about Cruise Critic, and that is a shame. You learn so much from CC.

We started off cruising with Carnival years ago, but have been sticking with Royal to get some added perks while we cruise along in life. But, this review has definitely given me thoughts of returning to Carnival to try it out again. I never had any problems with them, just found Royal more to our liking. We have reached D+ on Royal and know we will never attain Pinnacle, so might as well branch out once in a while.

It has been such a pleasure reading and watching your videos and seeing your amazing photography skills. I really hate to see this end. But, now my sights are on your August cruise, with Mom by your side again. Something to look forward to.

Thanks again, you are one amazing person. Would love to cruise with you someday.

Gwen :)

Edited by cruzinlady1947

Excellent, detailed and personal review as always. Thank you Gambee for your efforts and time.

Must admit, Carnival is not on my to do list especially without having to travel to get on a ship such as the Breeze but certainly never have ruled Carnival out completely.

Again, thank you! :)

Gambee - another GREAT review!! Thank you for writing such a detailed, fair, and exciting review about my favorite ship - the Carnival Breeze! :D We sailed the Breeze last year, we're about to board the Breeze again in 35 days, and have yet another cruise booked on the Breeze for next year! All while experiencing different ports and itineraries each time. This is what I love about the Carnival Breeze - her itineraries are unmatched.

I'm so sorry to read about your Grandmother. My thoughts and blessings go out to you and your family.

Edited by Niquein99

Another fantastic review Gambee!

With your review of Breeze here and Kim's review of Getaway on the NCL board at the same time is like Christmas in May :)

Glad you had a great time, especially sailing solo. Wish you the best in all your future cruises. Now from the peanut gallery:

I agree 100% about the singing waiters. While some love them there are lots that don't like this especially for the reason you observed. It is fine if some want to voluntarily sing or if Carnival hires singers from the piano bar but to make food workers sing and dance is WRONG! I take heat on the NCL board for pointing out some of the NCL workers are made to dance while they welcome back passengers to the ship. If is fine if they volunteer or dancers are hired. But the cruise worker employees are not trained circus animals to make them dance and sing when they are not cleaning rooms or waiting tables. Bravo for bringing this up because few dare to mention it. Just imagine in your current job today if you boss told you that during lunch you must go and sing and dance for people in the office. I think most of us would have a problem with that. It really is exploiting their workers.

I think you will discover that the cruise lines are similar but the real difference is the ship itself. For example, you sailed on NCL's lowest rated ships (Sky and Breakaway). Both ships are in the 60's percent approval range. You have also sailed on RCCL and Carnivals highest rated ships. Carnival has some of the oldest ships sailing the seas. My point is the difference is greater in the ship rather than just the cruise line.

Thanks again for sharing with all of us.

I am going to venture out on a limb here and say this about The Singing Waiters and Waitresses....I think that they go along with it to show they are the best in the business for service and personalized attention. My guess is that they don't really mind because they basically work for tips.

My thoughts are that they dance and sing to draw attention to themselves and MAYBE, just MAYBE, they will get extra tips from the patrons. I know I enjoyed Ken Byrne, the Singing Maitre D, sing during our Breeze cruise. I definitely tipped them over and beyond what their routine daily tips were. I thought they were magnificent, and tip them extra for going above and beyond the status quo. Just my thoughts for what they're worth.

I LOVED THE CARNIVAL BREEZE!!! So now I will come out and say it. I have been purposely delaying traveling in Carnival, why? Well, numerous reasons, bad reviews, bad media, skeptical of the product and other reasons along that train of thought. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by their product. The Breeze is an amazing ship, and one that I want to sail again. Most likely doing the southern Caribbean cruise with my mom, she has always wanted to sail that itinerary.

Carnival definitely comes across around here as the one to avoid. But between this review and the recent one from Lara/Solo Fashionista, their newer ships seem well worth trying. Especially for the price.

Edited by cadien

Gambee I am truly enjoying reading your thoughts on Breeze and I've watched all 4 videos. They are excellent. I love that you have sailed the best ships in each cruise line and that you give comparisons of Breeze to the others. Good to know that Breeze impressed you in lots of areas. I sailed Breeze for my birthday last year and did the 6 day. It's impossible to see and do everything in that short amount of time. I'm suppose to sail her again for Christmas but may be switching to Sunshine because it has other things that Breeze does not have, just want to try a different ship. Cannot wait to read more as you wrap up your review. Are there more videos coming? At the end of video #4 you said you were going to film more of the ship.

I am working on some school work, but I will conclude the review by days end. I also have to write the scoring section and everything. It wont be long, almost done with this :).

Gambee, Gambee, Gambee. How I love your reviews, pictures and stories.

This was amazing and it really pleases me to see how much you seem to like the Breeze. As you, we were skeptical to try Carnival too with all the bad publicity and negative things said about the company. When we booked the Dream last year, I was pleasantly surprised.

The Breeze is one that I have had my eye on since going on the Dream. I am now convinced that it's the right ship in the Carnival fleet for me to try next. You are right, it's like the Dream on steroids. :D

I found myself wanting to comment after so many things during your review, but just couldn't bring myself to stop and take the time to do so because I was so caught up in the review.

As always, excellent job and I'm going to have to check out my 2 camera's to see if they have the Illusion feature on them. I love those results.

Gambee,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother and will remember her and your family in my prayers.

God Bless.

Thanks you for your kind words, and support. Glad you enjoyed the review.

Gambee, I have read all of your reviews, thank you! I have even shared your cruise blog with my non-cruising friends to entice them to join me sometime, the reviews have all been truly wonderful. I missed your mom on this one though and I was reading along hoping you were going to join Karaoke again and sing to us albeit I guess you didn't have enough to drink ;) That time made me laugh out loud.

Sorry to hear that you have had to make decisions that were life altering and you are now a single gay guy (too bad you weren't a single no gay guy and about 20 yrs older I may have to join you on one of your cruises :D:D:D Just kidding I am an old married woman...Now seriously, just from joining your reviews I can tell you are a wonderful human being and I love your style and how good you are to your mother it is so nice to see and I LOVE your accent! Gambeesmom, you have raised a good boy- something to be very proud of, which I know you beam with pride.

Lastly I will say a prayer for you during your difficult time.

Thanks Again - hope to meet you, Mom and Sarah on a cruise some day.

Thank you for supporting my blog and sharing it with your friends, it is greatly appreciated. You know I think Karaoke is not the same without my mom there, that might why I never went there during this cruise.

Thank you for your kind words :)

Simply amazing. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're welcome.

Absolutely wonderful review Gambee. Very sorry about your grandmother.

Breeze is my favorite ship out of 20 cruises on all the major lines - she's just a wonderful ship with so much to offer. Your review brought back great memories we had on her.

She is definitely a beauty, I had a great time aboard her. Thank you for commenting.

Thanks again for the fabulous review Gambee! I too, hope my bf and I get to sail with you some day; you seem like a lot of fun! Maybe on the QM2?!? You haven't tried that one yet! HAHA

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. It is hard to say goodbye to a cherished person in one's life; just always remember the good things about her and keep them close to your heart :)

QM2 is in my scope, just have to see she becomes financially available. For now I don't think we can swing her, put possibly in the future. Thank you for kind words, we need them in these troubling times.

Thank you Gambee for another amazing review. I always get so sad when they are over!! Almost like I was on the vacation with you and now it is over. You write so beautifully!! I do have one question for you, there is a billionaire from Australia trying to make a replica of the Titanic, would you go on that if it is built?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I been following the news on it, I think they started building it already? Not sure though. I am not crazy about the project and technically she would be a small ship. But as a travel journalist I would have to travel her, there is so much cruise history there that one cannot ignore. Not sure I would be able to pay for it, I think I read somewhere that some people already pre-paid for tickets at some staggering prices. I guess its to help finance the project, but still. From what I gather the ship will also be separated by how much you paid (classes). I am not a fan of that.

Hugs and kisses, Gambee!!

Rose

:)

My sincerest condolences to you and your family in your loss.

Thank you for a wonderful and detailed review. Someday I hope to sail her or her sister the Magic, but that is still a ways off - but might have to the move the time frame up after finishing your review.

Take Care!

Thank you :).

I am sure when you get to sail her that you will have a great time!

Amazing as always!! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May your heart feel comfort from all the wonderful memories.

thank you for the great review and sharing your humor and stories with us, its very appreciated. thank you for giving carnival ships the same care and detail that you have given other ships you sailed.

bless your heart and your mothers my thoughts go out to you!!!

and ps. all carnival travelers should know you bring the bungee cord to hold your door open at night when you arent supposed to :)

warm wishes

Glad you loved the review. It was only fair to sail Carnival's flagship to give them a fair try to review them. I guess now I know about the bungee cord, but I still like the sliding doors way better.

Gambee sorry about your loss and my prayers to you and your family and thanks for once again doing a fantastic job on your famous reviews. Go on the Divina its a beautiful ship, better than any others we have been on as far as being beautiful and clean and the shows are the BEST at sea. Enjoy my friend.

I heard about Divina's shows, while I am not a fan of shows, I still plan on checking them out and see what they are about.

Hi Gambee-

It took me 4 nights, but I finally finished your review. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself in your documentation of your cruise. It was wonderful to "sail" along with you.

I teach college- So I feel qualified to grade you...;)

For the review and all of the lovely photos- you earn an A+.

Excellent work! Nicely done...

I will be looking forward to more of your reviews in the future-

Tracie-Lynn

PS I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you for the A, now if only I manage to get that grade on the term paper that would be great ;).

Great review, Gambee! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I know you put a lot of time and effort into your reviews, so I want you to know how much I appreciate that. Maybe some day I'll be lucky enough to be able to cruise with you in reality, not just virtually.

I am so sorry that it is time for you to say goodbye to your wonderful grandma. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family during this difficult time.

Nancy

You're right Nancy, the amount of work that these review require is immense. Fortunately like everything else in life, the more you do it the better you get at it. I now have a system in place and it seems to work wonders for me.

Thank you for keeping my family in your prayers, we need as many as we can get.

My friend so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and the family in my thoughts and prayers

Thank you Chris, until next time. BTW Amazon screwed things up and now I have to wait 3-5 weeks to get the camera. On the bright side they gave me $25 back and priority shipping once they get it in stock. None the less, I wanted to check her out this weekend.

Oh well what can you do, right?

Another great review!

I'm so sorry for your loss Gambee

Thank you :)

Gambee,

As I read your review many different thoughts and comments I wanted to make came to mind. Although this happens every time I read one of your reviews, it was especially true for this one since we were on the same sailing and we're able to meet through our awesome roll call events. In fact I just knew at the conclusion of this read I would have so much to say, but now that I am done only one thing comes to mind and it's the only thing left to say....

Thank you for sharing this gift you have of documenting your cruise experiences with us. Although many may do it, you do it well.

Thank you so much Dana, it was a real pleasure meeting you aboard. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future.

Amazing review Gambee! I loved your dedication family is everything!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you :o

Gambee, Thank you for all the great pictures and videos. I know we all get true answers on all our questions about cruising on ships we are thinking about cruising on. Also my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Your great memories will carry you through this sad time. God bless you and your family. your friend Gary

Thank you Gary, although the pictures on this review were far from satisfying. I really appreciate your post :)