CS won't tell you if certain gifts are bought

My friends are going on their honeymoon in a few weeks on Oasis and I called CS about buying something off the gifts and gear menu for them. I have their reservation number and I had no problem being able to purchase something, but they won't tell me if something has already been bought. I don't want them to get two of someting.

I understand about privacy, but you should be told if something you are buying will be a duplicate item---maybe just steer you in a different direction.

Can you buy OBC without a surcharge directly? I know if you use Royal Caribbean Honeymoon site (their registry run through a third party) there is a 10% surcharge for giving OBC. Which is a giant ripoff.

they are not registered with RC, but I know a few people are getting them packages onboard, which is why I was trying to make sure mine wasn't a duplicate. I will call in awhile and see if I can buy obc without a 10% fee.

they are not registered with RC, but I know a few people are getting them packages onboard, which is why I was trying to make sure mine wasn't a duplicate. I will call in awhile and see if I can buy obc without a 10% fee.

Call gifts and gear. There is no fee.

My friends are going on their honeymoon in a few weeks on Oasis and I called CS about buying something off the gifts and gear menu for them. I have their reservation number and I had no problem being able to purchase something, but they won't tell me if something has already been bought. I don't want them to get two of someting.

I understand about privacy, but you should be told if something you are buying will be a duplicate item---maybe just steer you in a different direction.

Disclosing any information pertaining to specific reservation which you are not listed as the passenger is a direct violation of US Federal Privacy laws. Thus the reason the information can be disclosed to you. Telling you something is a duplicate is still considered disclosing information that you are not entitled to know under the law. Now if your friend had done a RCCL Bridal Gift Registry than you would see a list of everything that's been purchase just as if they registered at a mass market store.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Yeah, I understand the privacy thing, but what about saying that item is no longer available for that cabin. Nothing disclosed there

My wife and I had our honeymoon on Allure and we had chocolate covered strawberries the first 3 days of our cruise, all gifts from friends of ours. At least Royal was smart enough to deliver on different days and not all at once.

OBC, it is.