Does RCCL charge a price adjustment fee?

I'm debating between booking directly with RCCL and with TA.

My TA offers OBC, but they charge revision fee of 25.00, so whenever there's a price drop and I want an adjustment, I have to pay the fee.

All in all, OBC could be higher than the fee(s) as there's no guarantee of price drops, but as I'm booking pretty far out I'd like to see my chances.

Does RCCL charge a fee if there's a price adjustment? Thanks.

My TA offers OBC, but they charge revision fee of 25.00, so whenever there's a price drop and I want an adjustment, I have to pay the fee.

All in all, OBC could be higher than the fee(s) as there's no guarantee of price drops, but as I'm booking pretty far out I'd like to see my chances.

RCCL does NOT charge a fee for a fare drop; some TA's do and some TA's don't.

If booking with a TA you need to determine if the TA charges a cancellation fee, if the TA charges a fee for price drops, and if you're getting OBC/percs, does the TA reduce/eliminate these if you get a price drop.

ken

Edited by Ken076

Maybe you can negotiate with the TA as a condition of booking. Our's works for an agency that has change/cancel fees, but we won't book with them unless they waive the fees.

Look for a new travel agent who doesn't charge fees for adjustments or cancellations and gives good perks. I don't have to negotiate with my agent.

Edited by KS Sunflower

We have been using the same TA (online agency) for many years. We have had price adjustments and upgrade cabin changes several times without any fee involved, sometimes the OBC was reduced. When I booked our cruise in February the very next week the cost went down over $1000 of course I called them but now they say they have to cancel the original booking, charge me a $200 cancellation fee plus no OBC:eek: WTH....Even though at the same time I 'cancel' I book a better cabin still saving over $1000 they charged me all this. Guess who I am booking my future cruises with?

Bev

IMO I would look for a "live" TA that does not charge any separate fees not directly assessed by the cruise line for originating, modifying, or cancelling a booking first, with any OBC or other out of commission perk as a secondary benefit.

Ours has never charged any of these fees and provides excellent service. They do exist.