Copenhagen Airport Cabinn Hotel Cruiseport

I have been researching our upcoming cruise for close to a year. It is now getting close and my head is spinning with all the details.

Perhaps someone could help me out with this.

We are flying into Copenhagen where we will stay at the Cabinn City for two nights before our RCCL cruise leaves.

I feel like I need to have a better handle on transportation options. I believe I read that a taxi might cost $100 from the airport to the hotel. Does that sound plausible? Would it be per ride or per person? There will be 4 or 6 of us - would we need 2 or 3 taxis? (I think two of our friends bought airport transfers from the cruise line, but I am not sure how they work.) Is there an alternative to a taxi that could carry all of us?

I also wonder if it would be possible for us to take public transportation. We are pretty good at schlepping things - but we will likely have a suitcase and a backpack each and will be tired from the overnight flight.

Could we buy our Copenhagen cards at the airport and use that for the transportation?

On the other side of things, we will need to get from the hotel to the cruiseport on departure day. Is that doable by public transportation?

You could take the train then schlep your bags to the hotel

see map for location

https://www.cabinn.com/en/hotel/cabinn-city-hotel

They do have taxi vans that should hold you depending on how much luggage you have

Not sure it would cost that much to the hotel

We paid 400 DKK from the port to the airport which is less than $100 USD

The taxi price varies between 240 and 330 kroner depending on if its a normal day and time or if its in the middle of the night or public holiday.

Thats roughly between 44 USD and 60 USD and its per car, not person.

If you get a mini van for 8 persons you could fit in all you luggage in one minivan.

Yes if you buy the Copenhagen Card at the airport you can use it on the airport train.

For your last quetion I need a date,, pier information and/or ships name.

We arrive in Copenhagen at 1:20 PM on Monday June 16.

Our ship is RCCL Legend of the Seas which departs at 5 PM on Wednesday June 18. I can't figure out which port it leaves from other than it is Copenhagen.

I looked here:

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-from-copenhagen-denmark.html

and

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/R...eas/June_2014/

I would welcome information on how to find out since it would make planning easier.

I understand that we need to be checked in by 3:30 PM, so I am guessing that we should probably leave by noon or so to get there and have a time margin.

Looking at Rick Steves book, there are three port areas:

Langelinie Pier

Frihavnen (Freeport) and

Toldbod.

From his description, it sounds like we are most likely leaving from Frihavnen since it says many cruises depart or end there.

Is there a way to verify this from the quay #?

Looking at Rick Steves book, there are three port areas:

Langelinie Pier

Frihavnen (Freeport) and

Toldbod.

From his description, it sounds like we are most likely leaving from Frihavnen since it says many cruises depart or end there.

Is there a way to verify this from the quay #?

It is Freeport/nordhavn where you leave from

The link I posted above in the pink section it shows the Quay # for the specific port area

Down Town: Quay c177=Ndr. Toldbod, c190 to c199 = Langelinie

Cph. Freport: c252+c254=Orientkaj c266=Levantkaj

Nordhavn: Quay c330=Oceankaj - c331 Terminal 1, c332 Terminal 2, c333/c334 Terminal 3 & Terminal 4

There is a link to a map in PDF format that will show in more detail the locations

http://www1.cmport.com/maps/copenhagen

Edited by LHT28

I was just going to post a question, but because it is so similar to the original, may I pop in here? We too will be flying in to Copenhagen and staying at the Cabinn City on a Saturday (July 5) afternoon. There are 5 in our group - is public transportation difficult to do from the airport to the hotel? Would there be much of a walk to do with our luggage? Then, our ship leaves out of

Oceankaj (Ocean Key)

2100 Osterbro

Pier no: 330-334

Copenhagen, Denmark

What would be the most efficient or cost effective way for us to get to our ship from the hotel?

Also, from our hotel, can we do some sightseeing/eating on foot? We're just there for the afternoon, evening and morning before boarding our ship, and would like to see a little of Copenhagen, but know we can't do it all!

Thank you so much for your help!

I was just going to post a question, but because it is so similar to the original, may I pop in here? We too will be flying in to Copenhagen and staying at the Cabinn City on a Saturday (July 5) afternoon. There are 5 in our group - is public transportation difficult to do from the airport to the hotel? Would there be much of a walk to do with our luggage? Then, our ship leaves out of

Oceankaj (Ocean Key)

2100 Osterbro

Copenhagen, Denmark

What would be the most efficient or cost effective way for us to get to our ship from the hotel?

Also, from our hotel, can we do some sightseeing/eating on foot? We're just there for the afternoon, evening and morning before boarding our ship, and would like to see a little of Copenhagen, but know we can't do it all!

You can probably take the train to near the hotel it probably is about 10-15 walk from the train station

See the map on the Cabinn website

You can walk to the main street form your hotel & near Tivoli there will be many eating places just depends on taste & budget

I would probably just take a taxi to the ship later in the morning or after NOON

Enjoy

Oceankaj (Ocean Key)

2100 Osterbro

Copenhagen, Denmark

Since you are sailing on a Sunday there will be no public busses to Oceankaj so you will rely on taxis for that trip.

Our ship is leaving on a friday, ocean kaj. Can we take the train to the port and then a taxi? Will have Copenhagen cards so this will save some money. Or does the bus run to ocean kaj on friday?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

We talked to our friends that will be on the trip and think we will buy a 48 hour Copenhagen card.

Can we get that right in the airport?

Which way should we exit the airport in order to reach the train to Cabinn City?

(We are flying SAS direct and I was glad to see your positive comments about that on the Wonderful Copenhagen thread.)

When you exit the luggage claim area you will be entering terminal 3.

On your left hand you will see the information desk from where you can buy the Copenhagen Card, you can also buy it at the train ticket sales but then you will stay in line with the people buying train tickets.

After purchasing the CPH Card you will continue out to the end of the terminal, its build to look like a paper plane so you just walk to the "tip" of the terminal and find track 2 for trains towards København H (central station).

• 1 month later...

Is it difficult to get a minivan taxi? We are currently a group of 6 but might be 8 by the time we sail next summer.

We are staying in Copehagen 3 nights pre-cruise and will need transport from the aiport to our flat and then from the flat to the port. Sounds like we will hopefully fit in the minivan, but do you need to call ahead and schedule one? and maybe that answer is different at the airport vs a flat in/near Copenhagen city center.