VIP luggage direct

Hi

Was looking at the Hal site for my up coming cruise and looking at luggage direct. I saw VIP luggage direct and it claimed for 39.00 more I could have my luggage deliveried to my home. This is for two pieces of luggage. I called hal and they said 39.00 for both plus airline baggage fee. I will have one free one and one paid one I think around 40.00. This seems very low. HAs anyone used the VIP luggage direct for what it around cost me around $80.00 for two bags. I travel on Jet blue and get one bag free. If you used this when did you sign up

Thank you

Mary

I know you've read about Luggage direct on the HAL site ... here's another site with information for others who might be interested.

One clarification ... luggage direct does not deliver your luggage to your home. It delivers the luggage to your final destination airport - you're still required to pick it up at the airport and take it home yourself.

https://maketraveleasier.com/holland

I know you've read about Luggage direct on the HAL site ... here's another site with information for others who might be interested.

One clarification ... luggage direct does not deliver your luggage to your home. It delivers the luggage to your final destination airport - you're still required to pick it up at the airport and take it home yourself.

https://maketraveleasier.com/holland

VIP luggage direct will deliver it directly to your home. It is another offering and more costly.

Several different companies offer the service. Do an online search.

Interesting.

I haven't heard of the VIP Luggage Direct program. It sounds wonderful.

Sadly it wouldn't help us as we are never able to fly home on the same day that we disembark the ship.

Why can't you just take a small overnight bag for your final night on land?

DON

VIP luggage direct will deliver it directly to your home. It is another offering and more costly.

Several different companies offer the service. Do an online search.

The HAl site 39.00 for two bags I also called HAl and was told 39.00 for two bags. Not counting on air fee bags. I get one bag free.

Bags are deliveried to my home. Since I will be going home alone and my roommate is going to her home. Its sounds very good.. This is called VIP luggage driect not the regular Luggage direct.

Mary

Why can't you just take a small overnight bag for your final night on land?

DON

We don't live near our airport.

Thus -- once we get off the plane, we have to go and pick up the car and stay at a hotel before driving home the next day.

Traveling has become harder for us with no direct flights.

....and leave your suitcase sitting at the airport or on your step if they do in fact deliver it:confused:.

I wouldn't want to head back to the airport after breakfast and then start driving home.

If we weren't here when the luggage would be delivered, it would be on the front patio for anyone to take. Not a good idea.

I used luggage direct, not VIP luggage direct and one time my luggage arrived at JFK airport on an earlier flight. There is was, going round and round on the carousel with no security watching. We were lucky to be reunited with our luggage. The second time, it worked out better.