Caribbean Princess billed as 9 days???

DragonflyCruiser

Anyone done the trip they bill as a 9 day cruise but is actually a 3 day & a 5 day with a day in Ft. Lauderdale??? We were looking at this but wondered if it's the typical Princess atmosphere or more of a party cruise since they are both actually short cruises B2B? Your comments appreciated!

Anyone done the trip they bill as a 9 day cruise but is actually a 3 day & a 5 day with a day in Ft. Lauderdale??? We were looking at this but wondered if it's the typical Princess atmosphere or more of a party cruise since they are both actually short cruises B2B? Your comments appreciated!

We are on the 5 day and hoping it's not a party cruise! ;)

We were booking the whole 9 days but have second thoughts. The price is good but not sure about the break and reload mid cruise. One portion is mid week and one is a long weekend on the one we are looking at.

It is an odd 9 day. I guess that's why it's a little cheaper then a normal 9 day would be.:)

On turnaround day, you'll spend between 20-30 minutes disembarking and re-embarking the ship, not all day. An inconvenience but not a big deal. Unless the cruises are during Spring break, doubt you'll find either a party cruise. There will be a different vibe as the staff doesn't have a chance to get settled in before mostly new passengers board days later and the menus will repeat, but I'd still rather have nine days rather than seven.

We did a nine day (5 and 4 BTB) on the Ruby in March. Only slightly a party atmosphere because it was spring break season. Many college kids on board. Not nearly as bad as it could have been and totally enjoyable. On the turn around day we booked the Everglades air boat and alligator tour. It made it more like a normal itinerary stop with a tour instead of a wasted day. Embarkation after the tour was quick because we got in transit passes and priority boarding passes, so, no waiting! (BTW, Hint: Ask the Captains Circle rep while on board if you can get two cruise credits instead of only one.) For nearly the same cost AND if the itinerary is acceptable I would definitely do the nine day. :cool:

Edited by ar1950

We did the same thing on the Ruby just a month or so ago and even added an additional 5 days after the first 4 / 5....no more a "party" atmosphere then any other Caribbean cruise we have taken on Princess, turn around day was very easy...we meet in one of the dining rooms about 10:30 and they led us off the ship and then right back on after showing our passports, cruise cards & in transit cards to immigration...no issue whatsoever or you can leave the ship earlier (once disembarking begins) with the same documentation and go exploring Ft. Lauderdale.

The only thing with doing the latter is you cannot reboard the ship until the normal embarktion begins, around noon.....I totally agree with Pam, I would take 9 days over 7 anytime ;)