Please help me to understand the new CC points system

rubydoobydoo

Can anyone please help me to understand how the new system is worked out

I did 12 nights last May in a Concierge cabin, for that I was given 3 points, which was converted into 90 points under the new system, 1 old point = 30 new points

So my balance was 90 points

Last week I did 8 nights on Eclipse, again in a Concierge cabin, for that I have been given 24 points

My new balance is 114 Points

How have they worked out I should get 24 points for 8 nights

I don't get the new system, can anyone please explain

Thanks

Have you logged into your account and clicked the sailing history tab to be sure they gave you Concierge points? Any chance you got a free upgrade to concierge and therefore only accumulated based on what you may have paid for? Sounds like you got 8 * 3 = 24 which is standard veranda points.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=cc_the_club

If link doesn't work, here's the just:

Stateroom Category Club Points Earned per Night

Inside/Ocean View 2

Veranda 3

Concierge Class/AquaClass® 5

Sky, Century or AquaClass Suite 8

Celebrity, Signature or Royal Suite 12

Reflection or Penthouse Suite 18

Stateroom Categories for Celebrity Xpedition Club Points Earned per Night

Oceanview, Deluxe, Premium 5

Junior, Xpedition Suite 12

Royal Suite, Penthouse Suite 18

Edited by cle-guy

Thank you very much, I get it now, I have been given balcony points, so under the new system it takes a lot longer to get to Elite if you sail in the lower categories, makes sense

And yes I am blonde :D

If you actually sailed in Concierge, then you may be due more points, as those get 5 per day....unless an upgrade of some sort may have impacted earnings....

OP: cle-guy provided a good explanation of the points. One of the goals of the new program was indeed to slow down the movement to higher tiers. However, they did create two new tiers above Elite and that's been a positive for many. This subject has been discussed in great detail on these boards and a search will provide answers to any questions one might have about the new system.

If you actually sailed in Concierge, then you may be due more points, as those get 5 per day....unless an upgrade of some sort may have impacted earnings....

Yes I was given an upgrade, so that must be why 24 points instead of 40, I didn't realise that, actually I was having a dumb moment I thought for a minute I got 5 points that would equal 150 under the new system, was all excited for a minute, I just didn't read it properly, so in my head I couldn't work it out, and I am am payroll manager, worrying !,

sorry for starting another thread about points

Me in your situation, I'd send a nicely worded email to captains club saying:

"I sailed in Concierge Cabin #____ on the Eclipse on _____, my folio number (from keycard) was ____.

I only received points for a standard veranda instead of Concierge. You posted 8 nights * 3 points = 24 rather than 8 nights * 5 = 40.

Could you kindly look onto this issue and respond accordingly?"

As we know errors do happen, you have a 50/50 chance of either being correct, or on getting the points anyway. worth a quickie email! Maybe this time a shoreside error works in your favor....! Noting to lose, everything to gain on this one.

"I sailed in Concierge Cabin #____ on the Eclipse on _____, my folio number (from keycard) was ____.

I only received points for a standard veranda instead of Concierge. You posted 8 nights * 3 points = 24 rather than 8 nights * 5 = 40.

As we know errors do happen, you have a 50/50 chance of either being correct, or on getting the points anyway. worth a quickie email! Maybe this time a shoreside error works in your favor....! Noting to lose, everything to gain on this one.

Thank you :)

I'm confused, the OP was entitled to 24 point, not 40. Why should she contact Captain's Club? What am I missing?

Thanks

I'm confused, the OP was entitled to 24 point, not 40. Why should she contact Captain's Club? What am I missing?

Thanks

Same here, as it is my understanding that points are awarded for cat paid for. Right?

Thanks

she sailed in a Concierge Cabin. Concierge's get 5 points per day versus standard veranda is only 3 per day which is what she got.

Thanks

I don't think you are missing anything. :D

I think the note to CC is to try and get extra points, but I am sure they will reply saying that since she received an upgrade she only receives points for the cabin class that was paid for.

Correct. You are only entitled to get points for the class of cabin you PAID for. Therefore the OP got the correct points.

She should be happy with her free upgrade and 24 points, which it seems she is.

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

Same here, as it is my understanding that points are awarded for cat paid for. Right?

I actually can not find documentation that says anything about paid or not. I have been looking for my own endeavors. Can you point me to where you have read the documentation? I would truly appreciate it :-) I had a hard time even finding the earnings charts to be honest, the website search function returned NOTHING even when I typed "Captain's Club" by itself.

I say let the Captain's Club Member ask the Captain's Club for clarification then we will know for sure. That would prove to be the best source of information without having a link to someplace on X's site with the particulars.

Curt, I believe the policy has been around for a long time. Your points are calculated based on the category you purchased, the upgrade is the bonus.

I believe that policy would make sense, just not sure it's actually the policy. Trying to verify its accuracy from an official published source rather than through CC speculation is all.

If I believed everything I read on CC, the glass show would be gone, the end of the world is upon us with regard to changing entertainment, Century would have been stretched some years ago, and she was being moved from Asia to Venice (as opposed to actually being sold), Bistro on 5 was being replaced by a suite dining room, the craft beers were being completely removed from ship, among other rumors and suppositions.

I'm kind of tired of relying on CC for information to find out it's not based in fact but assumption and supposition.

No disrespect to you in any fashion, for the record - just as usual from my side, looking for the official word based on reading things here. I find this site, like most of the internet, has partial bits of good information, that must be further verified to official sources. :D

Isn't the fact that the OP got 24 points vs 40 points proof of how the upgrade program works. Also, my source is the Captain's Club top cruiser. I think he knows a thing or two about upgrades.;)

Edited by Oville

The points are based on what you purchased and paid for, not a lucky upgrade. This has been confirmed by two Captain's Club Hostesses after program change, and is what make sense.

We've also had captain's club hosts say Bistro on 5 was becoming suite dining.... again, looking for official, printed source and terms and conditions is all.

I know lots of people say it and think it, and I frankly think it makes sense, just looking for the written confirmation. Like suite benefits don't have anything written about getting elite perk coupons, yet every suite I've been in I've gotten them. Even my very first 3 cruises with Celebrity before having any status with X

I've been told by Celebrity phone reps that Shareholder OBC doesn't apply to particular reservations I've held, and then email the Investor Relations department and get a different answer and find the OBC on my account on day 2 of my sailing.

Ask 2 people, get 2 different answers.

We have had a cruise for free due to an accident on a previous cruise and did not get any points for that cruise. We thought was perfectly fair. We have had 2 upgrades and only got points for the cabin we paid for. We thought that was fair. We confirmed with the Captains Club hostess on duty and they both verified that was the policy. It makes perfect sense that you would only get credit for something you pay for. I would not look for or expect anything more.

We have had a cruise for free due to an accident on a previous cruise and did not get any points for that cruise. We thought was perfectly fair. We have had 2 upgrades and only got points for the cabin we paid for. We thought that was fair. We confirmed with the Captains Club hostess on duty and they both verified that was the policy. It makes perfect sense that you would only get credit for something you pay for. I would not look for or expect anything more.

As I've stated 2 maybe 3 times here, I think it probably IS the policy, and it makes SENSE it WOULD be the policy, just seeking written verification is all.

I don't have anything to gain or lose as it isn't my booking that was in discussion.

Curt, I believe the policy has been around for a long time. Your points are calculated based on the category you purchased, the upgrade is the bonus.

My recollection is that you earned the points for the class you sailed in, not what you purchased, back before the changes. IOW, book a Veranda, get a visit to the Upgrade Fairy putting you in Concierge or a suite, get 2 points (3 if a longer cruise). There was some discussion about this being one of the changes, a fair one in my opinon.

My recollection is that you earned the points for the class you sailed in, not what you purchased, back before the changes. IOW, book a Veranda, get a visit to the Upgrade Fairy putting you in Concierge or a suite, get 2 points (3 if a longer cruise). There was some discussion about this being one of the changes, a fair one in my opinon.

And a person in the know who probably has more upgrades than anyone else pointed out the policy was and continues to be you get points for the cabin you paid for. Unless you have proof that you received the points based on your upgrade, I'm believing the top cruiser.

Edited by Oville

Curt - I think this is as close as we will get to an official, in writing, policy on X's website. This is what I see when I go to my points page and hover over the question mark and the blue and white box pops up...

Ways to Earn Club Points per Night on Categories Purchased

Club Points

Inside / Ocean View - 2

Veranda - 3

Concierge Class / AquaClass® - 5

Sky, AquaClass Suite, or Century Suite - 8

Celebrity, Signature, or Royal Suite - 12

Reflection or Penthouse Suite - 18

Hope this helps!

And a person in the know who probably has more upgrades than anyone else pointed out the policy was and continues to be you get points for the cabin you paid for. Unless you have proof that you received the points based on your upgrade, I'm believing the top cruiser.

I very well could be wrong-- I said that's what my recollection was. Out of curiosity, who was it that says it's always been that way?