First night at Sea

Jeffrey1950

I was wondering just how many of you change for dinner the first evening. do you wear what you boarded the ship in or do you change? Travelling solo this time I am concern that I have a difficult time finding the location for the Muster Drill.am I being silly or has this happened to other's ? Lastly, instead of taking a bottle of wine on board will I be allowed to take a pack of those small (4) bottles to a carton packs? Thanks everyone !!

I was wondering just how many of you change for dinner the first evening. do you wear what you boarded the ship in or do you change? Travelling solo this time I am concern that I have a difficult time finding the location for the Muster Drill.am I being silly or has this happened to other's ? Lastly, instead of taking a bottle of wine on board will I be allowed to take a pack of those small (4) bottles to a carton packs? Thanks everyone !!

Don't worry in the least about finding your muster drill. When the alarm sounds to muster, just follow those from others in cabins around you. Also there will be crew members directing you. EASY!

Normally, I wear the same thing on the first night I was wearing to board the ship.

Don't know for sure about the little bottles of wine. Think, as long as the total ounces don't exceed the ounces in a bottle of wine.

Look forward to having a great cruise! :D

LuLu

Most of the time we don't change before dinner because our dinner is usually early and after sail away, not much time to unpack, explore and change. The first night is very, very casual so you will be fine in whatever you board in. As for the muster drill, there's plenty of crew to direct you to your location, no worries!

We always like to shower and change into fresh clothes before going into the dining room. We always have late seating, so after a day of fun, we want to freshen up before going out for the evening. After dinner we like some nighttime fun, so we do not want the same clothes we had on that morning we got on the ship.

I usually wear khakis or jeans, and a button up or polo to the port, and freshen up for dinner. On the first day, they know its pretty hectic, and the luggage might not arrive before dinner, so most opt to wear casual clothes, including shorts to the MDR on the first night.

I usually wear khakis or jeans, and a button up or polo to the port, and freshen up for dinner. On the first day, they know its pretty hectic, and the luggage might not arrive before dinner, so most opt to wear casual clothes, including shorts to the MDR on the first night.

I didn't even know shorts were permitted in the MDR. This will be my first Carnival Cruise and I'm even having a hard time recalling if I saw folks wearing shorts on my RCI cruises. And my last cruise was 3 1/2 years ago and the way people dress seems to get more casual all the time.

So with that in mind, I have two questions:

Do most people wear shorts the first night?

After the first night (not including elegant night), do most men wear shorts, jeans, or docker type pants?

I'm pretty flexible and like to be comfortable, but I also don't like feeling out of place so I prefer to dress the way most people do.

I didn't even know shorts were permitted in the MDR. This will be my first Carnival Cruise and I'm even having a hard time recalling if I saw folks wearing shorts on my RCI cruises. And my last cruise was 3 1/2 years ago and the way people dress seems to get more casual all the time.

After the first night (not including elegant night), do most men wear shorts, jeans, or docker type pants?

I'm pretty flexible and like to be comfortable, but I also don't like feeling out of place so I prefer to dress the way most people do.

My DH wears jeans and a button up everynight, except the two elegant nights. He wears a suit the first elegant and slacks , shirt and tie the 2nd

Yes, you will see mostly shorts and even t shirts the first night. I've seen a wide array. Wearing shorts the first night or any night really you will not be out of place. Khaki, cargo, longer dress shorts, all of those are fine any night except elegant in the MDR. You will also be fine in jeans and dockers. That's what DH usually wears with a polo.

Thanks for the responses. They are very helpful. It sounds like pretty much anything is acceptable. I'll probably wear Dockers and a polo as I did on my RCI cruises, except the first night when I'll wear jeans.

Do most men wear suits on elegant night?