Ryndam after dry dock

RoupMom

I'm thinking that the Ryndam was due for dry dock in March, or maybe April this year. I'm wondering how she is post-dry dock and what was done. I tried searching, but with no results. Sorry if this has already been covered.

I'm thinking that the Ryndam was due for dry dock in March, or maybe April this year. I'm wondering how she is post-dry dock and what was done. I tried searching, but with no results. Sorry if this has already been covered.

Probably nothing more than bare minimums since she's to be gutted and completely overhauled for P&O Australia next year

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, this very same thread has been posted here ion CCB before! ;)

We boarded for the 27 days right after drydock and found her to be in very good condition. According to hotel director, all plumbing was replaced, propellors and shafts removed, tested and inspected, emissions scrubbers installed, much new carpet and various other things.

Actually the ship was in the best shape of any HAL ship we've been on in a while and the crew was exceptional. There may have been some plumbing leaks as we saw some fans in/near rooms, but don't know any specifics.

It was our first time on the Ryndam and we enjoyed it so much we are going to be sorry to see her leave the fleet! :(

We boarded for the 27 days right after drydock and found her to be in very good condition. According to hotel director, all plumbing was replaced, propellors and shafts removed, tested and inspected, emissions scrubbers installed, much new carpet and various other things.

Actually the ship was in the best shape of any HAL ship we've been on in a while and the crew was exceptional. There may have been some plumbing leaks as we saw some fans in/near rooms, but don't know any specifics.

It was our first time on the Ryndam and we enjoyed it so much we are going to be sorry to see her leave the fleet! :(

Interesting that scrubbers were installed if she is going to Australia, as there are no ECA's or special emissions requirements for Oz, and none on the horizon.

Interesting that scrubbers were installed if she is going to Australia, as there are no ECA's or special emissions requirements for Oz, and none on the horizon.

We are due to sail on the Ryndam in January--so they will need the scrubbers then.

We are due to sail on the Ryndam in January--so they will need the scrubbers then.

The other option is to use low sulfur diesel fuel. The payback on scrubbers for a ship that cruises 100% of the time in the US ECA is 3-4 years. So a few months, even nearly a year, burning higher cost diesel fuel would make more sense than investing in a scrubber for a ship you're transferring to another fleet.