When you get home from a river cruise how do you decompress?

I'm loving the continued conversation, re Bordeaux cruising, and am keeping an eye out for questions that I could possibly help with.

More important: When you get back from a river cruise, do you forget it, move on to the next? Or do you relive it?

There is no wrong answer :)

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Unfortunately I go back to work! But I do "extend" my vacation by tracking this forum, but also the various town/city forums on Trip Advisor.

If I haven't had the chance to write a live report, I go through my notes and write a detailed trip report. I do post them, but find them most helpful for us to relive our journeys.

And of course, I'm on the planning our next adventure. That's my stress relief.

I download my photos. Then I clean them up, deleting duplicates, fuzzy ones, etc,. This process helps me decompress by reliving the trip from day one, and recalling those odd moments that quickly fade in memory.

Becki

I download my photos. Then I clean them up, deleting duplicates, fuzzy ones, etc,. This process helps me decompress by reliving the trip from day one, and recalling those odd moments that quickly fade in memory.

Becki

Me too, Becki.....it helps to label where they are when I still remember where I was! :D

Similar to Becki, I work on my photos - so the trip can continue and continue and continue!!!! Have found the sildeshow feature on Trip Advisor just fabulous for creating a quick look at our trip! (Here's our 2013 cruise:

RhineRiver TripWow Build Your Own Trip Slideshow) And then I also creat a more lasting memory with a digital scrapbook - Picaboo is my favorite web site.

But I also don't like to get stuck in the past - so planning the next trip is also exciting!!!!

I will immediately download photos and write up a cruise review for our website. If it isn't done ASAP, it is too easy to forget things that we don't want to forget. We also always have at least one other cruise booked before boarding a cruise to give us something else to research, plan and look forward to. I have found that it greatly reduces the post cruise depression. :D

I will immediately download photos and write up a cruise review for our website. If it isn't done ASAP, it is too easy to forget things that we don't want to forget. We also always have at least one other cruise booked before boarding a cruise to give us something else to research, plan and look forward to. I have found that it greatly reduces the post cruise depression. :D

Hi Mike....I see you're doing westbound Panama Canal on Infinity this Fall.....we did it last April going eastbound and it was fantastic. One of the shore excursions is the day after you transit on Infinity and dock in Colon....it's a small ferry type boat that redoes the transit....and it was so worth the money...if you want a completely different aspect of the Canal. DH is a civil engineer so we did it, but I enjoyed it too.

Hi Mike....I see you're doing westbound Panama Canal on Infinity this Fall.....we did it last April going eastbound and it was fantastic. One of the shore excursions is the day after you transit on Infinity and dock in Colon....it's a small ferry type boat that redoes the transit....and it was so worth the money...if you want a completely different aspect of the Canal. DH is a civil engineer so we did it, but I enjoyed it too.

The first time at PC, we only did a partial transit. It was OK; but this should be a lot better. Really looking forward to it. Thanks for the excursion tip. We already have a group that is going on a tour that includes going to the new canal construction.

First things first when I get home from a trip abroad, whether cruise or independent travel. Laundry, taking care of bills and errands that arose while we were gone and getting over jet lag. That's pretty much the better part of the first week.

Now downloading and organizing pictures to put together for a new shutterfly

album, and then checking these boards each day. Starting to write some Trip Advisor reviews about places we stayed and restaurants from pre and post cruise.

I sometimes just like to sit for a few minutes and mentally relive some special moments from the trip, especially after this one, my first Viking experience, which I just loved.

Also enjoying the comforts of being home.

Robin