St. Lucia Wonders of Nature

cruizers

My husband and I are going on the Jewel in September out of San Juan. Has anyone gone on the St. Lucia Wonders of Nature tour recently? I have found three different descriptions of it and wondered which is most accurate. First, is the nature walk a "gentle incline" or does one need to climb a series of steps? Second, is there a visit to the replica of a home? Third, do you go through the drive-through volcano? And, is there still a cassava making demonstration? Any and all information would be enormously appreciated!

Thanks, in advance, for your help. :)

Caren

My husband and I are going on the Jewel in September out of San Juan. Has anyone gone on the St. Lucia Wonders of Nature tour recently? I have found three different descriptions of it and wondered which is most accurate. First, is the nature walk a "gentle incline" or does one need to climb a series of steps? Second, is there a visit to the replica of a home? Third, do you go through the drive-through volcano? And, is there still a cassava making demonstration? Any and all information would be enormously appreciated!

Thanks, in advance, for your help. :)

Caren

The description on the RCCL website is pretty darn accurate. The hike is the Tet Paul Trail (as noted in the description), which is a mild hike/walk and does involve some stairs (mainly the ones shown in the picture on the shore excursion page), and a few more - you can completely do it at your pace and there are handrails all along the trail. If you are in a wheelchair or with a walker, not doable. If you are mobile though and in even basic shape, no problem.

If they find the key, or force the door, the tour includes the replica house (the tour guides lost the key some months ago, so you can see the outside, but not inside). There is a short cassava making demo at the trail site also - no farine flour or anything, but a brief description and you can see the coal pot, etc used to make it. The description of the tour very clearly includes a stop at the volcano. Lunch at the Beacon is also a stop - amazing views from there.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your visit.