How hot is train to Berlin?

Correct, there is no A/C. There are windows that open. The problem is the train runs at 50 or 60 mph, perhaps more. So it will be windy and noisy.

The weather at the end of June isn't peak heat, but you never know.

Normal trains, particularly the fast ICE are very comfortable and preferable to flying but the charter trains are not fast or comfortable. Motor coaches are much better for that trip.

Not sure about these particular charter trains, but every train I've ever used in Germany had air conditioning, from ICE trains all the way down to regional trains and S-Bahns. There was a series of AC failures on ICE trains a few years ago, that hit the national news. The problem has been addressed in the meantime, more robust AC unites were installed.

Not sure about these particular charter trains, but every train I've ever used in Germany had air conditioning, from ICE trains all the way down to regional trains and S-Bahns. There was a series of AC failures on ICE trains a few years ago, that hit the national news. The problem has been addressed in the meantime, more robust AC unites were installed.

As of last July, the charter trains didn't have A/C. And when we were there, the temps were in the 80s.

As of last July, the charter trains didn't have A/C. And when we were there, the temps were in the 80s.

I agree with all the above posts.

Trains on regular DB services are amongst the most modern in the world but up to now the trains chartered by the cruise ship companies have consisted of old rolling stock no longer used by DB. Unsuitable for travel at high speeds, no A/C, mostly compartment-type seating and usually showing their age!

Things may change this season but I doubt it as chartering modern rolling stock from DB is possible but very, very expensive.

The private tour companies nearly all use road coaches with A/C and, although there are toilets on board, make at least one reasonable comfort stop en-route to Berlin in a service area where you can get a little fresh air, stretch your legs and use the restrooms.

Definitely the better option. :)

Anni