AT&T Cruise Ship Packages?

Just talked to ATT about this. Be sure they start your package on the 1st day of your billing prior to your cruise dates. Otherwise, they will prorate your minutes from the date you sign up for it to the end of your billing cycle. For example, my new billing cycle starts on the 2nd but I don't need this until the 13th. If I make it effective on the 13th, not only will they prorate the minutes available until the second of the next month but it will automatically renew for another 30 days unless yoiu have them put an automatic stop as of the end of your billing cycle. I will make mine effective with the 1st date of the billing cycle (2nd) even though I won't use it till the 13th so I get the full 50 minutes to use. Then have it auto stop on the end of that cycle. Hope this isn't too confusing but it gives you the full amount to use and over just 1 billing cycle.:eek:

Thanks for giving us another reason to shut the phones off and put them in the safe for the entire cruise:D I understand people need to have access for business or personal reasons and empathize with needing the phone access. We don't need it for business and the relatives always have the RCCL # for emergencies, so the phones are OFF. It's one of the things we like about cruise vacations.

Somehow we all survived without cell phones, text and data not that long ago.........

Edited by bouhunter

Thanks for giving us another reason to shut the phones off and put them in the safe for the entire cruise:D I understand people need to have access for business or personal reasons and empathize with needing the phone access. We don't need it for business and the relatives always have the RCCL # for emergencies, so the phones are OFF. It's one of the things we like about cruise vacations.

Somehow we all survived without cell phones, text and data not that long ago.........

ImageUploadedByForums1402096184.185555.jpg.1a213cd897f3f0990093bc9434520ae3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If all you need is data to check email, a cheaper option would be to get one of the global data add-on packages that range from $30 for 120mb to $120 for 800mb. This package would not be for use when at sea through the "cellular at sea" onboard service but would be for when you are in port and able to connect to the local cellular provider. The $30 120mb package is what I am getting for an upcoming Baltic cruise.

This is a great idea too! Esp. Since it's such a port intensive cruise. Thanks for the info! :)

This is a great idea too! Esp. Since it's such a port intensive cruise. Thanks for the info! :)

If you are just going to use data in ports, why not just go to a McDonalds, Starbucks, or other place that has free wifi. I know there is an old thread that talks about the free wifi places in the Baltics.

If you are just going to use data in ports, why not just go to a McDonalds, Starbucks, or other place that has free wifi. I know there is an old thread that talks about the free wifi places in the Baltics.

Because it's sometimes easier to just be able to use your phone when you want to use it and not have to spend/waste time somewhere eating food you may not want.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Allure. I am pleased with the AT&T Cruise Ship Package I purchased. I only bought the minutes so I could call and check in on my

mom, who has mantle cell lymphoma. I'm a worrier, so it just eased my mind to know I could talk to her, and if she needed something, I could contact the right person to get it taken care of. Thankfully, she is doing really well right now, but it was still nice to call her on the sea days to just check in with her for a few minutes. I will probably buy this package again. I can't comment on the data, as I didn't purchase it. We did hook up to the free wifi at the Forum Shops in Cozumel, Mexico and it was terribly slow. I looked at my email for a couple minutes and then just gave up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just off the Allure. I am pleased with the AT&T Cruise Ship Package I purchased. I only bought the minutes so I could call and check in on my

mom, who has mantle cell lymphoma. I'm a worrier, so it just eased my mind to know I could talk to her, and if she needed something, I could contact the right person to get it taken care of. Thankfully, she is doing really well right now, but it was still nice to call her on the sea days to just check in with her for a few minutes. I will probably buy this package again. I can't comment on the data, as I didn't purchase it. We did hook up to the free wifi at the Forum Shops in Cozumel, Mexico and it was terribly slow. I looked at my email for a couple minutes and then just gave up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for posting your experience.