Rumor Alert : Oceania Newbuild Order Coming Soon ?

Andy

Rallydave: Once again I must ask -- have you ever stepped foot on an Oceania ship -- or, do you have a cruise booked? You seem to have opinions about a cruise line that you have not sailed. While I would be the first person to say that information obtained from a website is valid -- I have shared information on cruise ships that I have not sailed on but make it clear where the information is from. What are your Oceania comments based on? And, did you post only to make a slam against someone? Not nice and certainly not helpful to anyone.

Have no way to answer your questions or respond to your accusations since neither the questions nor the accusations are not at all applicable to anything I have said in this thread or on the Oceania Board.

These boards have been pleasant for awhile while you haven't been personally attacking people and hope this isn't the beginning of a change.

It’s funny - my partner and I traveled with some of our best friends three weeks ago on Norwegian Breakaway in Haven Penthouses. Our friends have been on about twelve Oceania cruises, primarily in Penthouses and Owner’s Suites. We all had a wonderful time and found many areas superior to Oceania. I thought it would be fun to post a comparative review here highlighting two companies that are related through a parent corporation. II].

I for one am dying to hear about the Haven and how it compares to O. I posted on another thread just today that I am considering a transatlantic in a Haven suite because I have heard great things -- and those ships will have many more and diverse activities and superior entertainment for all those sea days. If you don't want to post here, please send me an email to the address below.

Laraine: I will put together a mini review when my partner is not looking ... too much time spent on the boards! Our friends actually cancelled their next Princess Cruise and booked the Getaway!

Edited by Dr. Cocktail

Laraine: I will put together a mini review when my partner is not looking ... too much time spent on the boards! Our friends actually cancelled their next Princess Cruise and booked the Getaway!

Wonderful

I read on one thread that a veteran Crystal cruiser cancelled her next two Crystal cruises and booked The Haven after her first experience in it. It is perfect for a transatlantic option for us. Small luxury ship within a ship and all that good entertainment. Even my TA is encouraging me to do it.

Travelcat

Why do you feel the need to defend/explain your posts? People will make of them what they will. They will credit your statement or discredit. Constant defensiveness won't change anyone's mind.

There is also no point is criticizing someone who posts just because they never sailed on a particular line. EVERYone is entitled to an opinion -- people on these boards tend to know whose opinion is trustworthy. No need to attack a fellow poster.

This is starting to sound like the Regent board (UGH) and I would hate that. It is one of the many reasons that I have no interest in sailing Regent.

Let's all try to be a little less contentious. State your opinion and move on. Or disagree graciously. This oneupsmanship is killing these boards.

It is polite to respond to people who respond that have quoted your post. There is no "oneupsmanship" involved (don't think that is one word but so be it). There is a big difference between criticizing someone and debating an issue.

Saying that someone speaks with a forked tongue is an attack. Explaining your opinion is another (which is what I did to Dr. Cocktail, wripro and Paulchili). In the case of rallydave, I responded in kind.

I am curious as to why you felt the need to go on the attack. My comments to opinions were not contentious by any means.

Would be very happy to continue on with this thread as long as I'm not quoted (in which case my upbringing would cause me to respond so that I do not appear rude).

P.S. The Regent boards have been great for a while. There are some new posters on the board and some have apparently left to argue elsewhere.

Edited by Travelcat2

Looking at the possibility of new ships I could see another possibility.

Princess owns 2 R class ships. They also have 2 ships with 1,950 passenger capacity designed for Panama canal cruising. With the expanded canal opening next year other larger Princess can do that route leaving the 1,950 passenger ships to do the current exotic itineraries done by the R ships. This could make the R ships surplus for Princess and available for purchase.

Looking at the possibility of new ships I could see another possibility.

Princess owns 2 R class ships. They also have 2 ships with 1,950 passenger capacity designed for Panama canal cruising. With the expanded canal opening next year other larger Princess can do that route leaving the 1,950 passenger ships to do the current exotic itineraries done by the R ships. This could make the R ships surplus for Princess and available for purchase.

I doubt O wants a ship that accommodates 1950 passengers. I sure wouldn't be on them. I think Marina and Riviera are too big LOL

Pacheco18 - you missed my point. Princess has 2 684 passenger R class ships, just like Regetta. By using larger mega ships for Panama Canal cruises they can move their 1,950 passenger ships to exotic cruises that their current R class ships do, so that they would no longer need their R class ships and therefore those 2 ships would be available for another line to purchase.

Pacheco18 - you missed my point. Princess has 2 684 passenger R class ships, just like Regetta. By using larger mega ships for Panama Canal cruises they can move their 1,950 passenger ships to exotic cruises that their current R class ships do, so that they would no longer need their R class ships and therefore those 2 ships would be available for another line to purchase.

I did indeed. Thanks for the clarification

I would be delighted if O bought more R ships

Don't forget, Princess used to have 3 of the R ships; one has been transferred to P&O (also owned by Carnival). But, I agree, IF Oceania were to purchase another R ship, it's most likely to be from Princess. It would require EXTENSIVE refitting.