Which cruises stop in Roatan

damenacer

I think it's pretty limited as far as cruise ships go.

We're talking about maybe going back for a week's stay. The rentals are pretty reasonable (cheaper than a week at the Jersey Shore if you don't count the airfare), and some even include a meal plan.

My tour guide, victor bodden, said from october through april there are 4 other ships besides the Valor that stop in Roatan. Two come in one day, 2 another day and the Valor every other week. this stop was the highlight of our week.

If you go to cruisecal.com, you can do a search for a month or so at a time by port, and it will list the ships that will be in port during that time period.

I know NCL will have at least 2 ships going to Roatan -- the Dream out of Houston, and the Sun out of New Orleans. Don't think they're scheduled to go year round, but they should be doing that itinerary from October through mid April. I think the brand new NCL ship, the Jewel will be calling there every other week as she's doing an alternating Eastern/Western caribbean itinerary.

Beginning Nov.2006, the Grand Princess will be doing a great itinerary out of Galveston that includes 8-5 at Roatan. I believe Princess shows the Grand on this itinerary all the way through 2007 as well. We're already booked!

I loved that it wasn'ta tender port.

Funny about that. We'd first been to Roatan on NCL. This past visit was on Celebrity. We docked for disembarkation, but then had to tender to reboard. The reason was that NCL had a ship coming in a few hours after our's and b/c NCL was the first cruiseline to make Roatan a port stop, they have priority docking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your post interests me. We will be on the Dawn on the 11 day Western Caribbean Cruise in February 2006!! I would truly appreciate it if you could tell me about your self planned excursion.

It would be GREAT if you could write a review too, so I could know whay we are in for!!!:D

What other excursions do you have planned for this cruise? Are you going on any of the NCL excursions? I added up all the fees for the four of us (two adults two kids over 12) and WOW!!! I was "this close" to $800.00!!!!:eek: We just can't do that...... I HAVE TO find a way of having fun and not having it cost SO MUCH!!!:cool:

Thank you for your help!!

Suesan:) :)

• 2 weeks later...
I loved this island so much, I want to go back and spend more time there. Can anyone help with my research and tell me what cruise ships they were on that stopped in Roatan.

We are on the Carnival Valor tommorrow which will stop there!

Bob

Archived