CPS Parking

gadabout60

I have always arrived at my terminal by taxi and had my luggage taken from the taxi leaving us to stroll in to check in

A colleague is going on her first cruise and is driving and using CPS. I gather they are supposed to drive straight to CPS and then get themselves and their luggage on the coach to transfer to the terminal.

In practice do they have far to walk with their luggage as her companion isn't able to manage luggage? Alternatively is she able to drive up to the terminal as if in a taxi or being dropped off, get the porters to take the luggage and then drive to CPS, leave the car and get the coach back ?

I have always arrived at my terminal by taxi and had my luggage taken from the taxi leaving us to stroll in to check in

A colleague is going on her first cruise and is driving and using CPS. I gather they are supposed to drive straight to CPS and then get themselves and their luggage on the coach to transfer to the terminal.

In practice do they have far to walk with their luggage as her companion isn't able to manage luggage? Alternatively is she able to drive up to the terminal as if in a taxi or being dropped off, get the porters to take the luggage and then drive to CPS, leave the car and get the coach back ?

Assuming it's not just a 2-nighter then your colleague needs to drive to the terminal, porters will take your luggage from your car and send it on its way to your cabin, CPS in turn will take away your car to be picked up at the end of the cruise, that is the time when she will need to transport her luggage from the baggage hall to the car park across the road, but she needn't worry, there are porters there to assist!

It is all very well organised:)

Assuming it's not just a 2-nighter then your colleague needs to drive to the terminal, porters will take your luggage from your car and send it on its way to your cabin, CPS in turn will take away your car to be picked up at the end of the cruise, that is the time when she will need to transport her luggage from the baggage hall to the car park across the road, but she needn't worry, there are porters there to assist!

It is all very well organised:)

Thanks for that - its a 14 night cruise so I'll put her mind at rest

There is no coach transfer to the terminal when using CPS you drive straight to the terminal and they take it away and park your car and then return it to the car park at the terminal you disembark from on you return.