Premium Beverage Package

irishayes

I know Celebrity said last weekend that they were working on a updated listing which shows what is included in the premium package, but has anyone seen anything yet? Or did I miss it somewhere?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Been keeping an eye out for it myself. Celebrity were posting the classic list on the legislation thread. That was where they promised the premium one also but still no sign.

Celebrity probably realised when putting it together that they need to make some adjustments first to make it look better as I seem to recall only seeing about 2 wines above the classic limit that are still included in premium.

The real selling point for the premium I believe is having access to the molecular and martini bar menus... Although still Jo word if they are still within the limit as per last year.

Let's hope we get it before the weekend.

Been keeping an eye out for it myself. Celebrity were posting the classic list on the legislation thread. That was where they promised the premium one also but still no sign.

Celebrity probably realised when putting it together that they need to make some adjustments first to make it look better as I seem to recall only seeing about 2 wines above the classic limit that are still included in premium.

The real selling point for the premium I believe is having access to the molecular and martini bar menus... Although still Jo word if they are still within the limit as per last year.

Let's hope we get it before the weekend.

Maybe due to the Holiday weekend?

We just heard that all beverage packages had been removed from the perk program and are not being offered on ship! Refunds would be made and everyone will once again be charged for everything that they drink, during their cruise besides water, milk, tea, and the basic swell they call coffee!:D

We just heard that all beverage packages had been removed from the perk program and are not being offered on ship! Refunds would be made and everyone will once again be charged for everything that they drink, during their cruise besides water, milk, tea, and the basic swell they call coffee!:D

?????

I just had it last week on Equinox. Also...it is being offered now as part of the 123 when you book a future cruise onboard. I picked it as my perk for the 4/16 Panama Canal sailing.

Pat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

?????

I just had it last week on Equinox. Also...it is being offered now as part of the 123 when you book a future cruise onboard. I picked it as my perk for the 4/16 Panama Canal sailing.

Pat

It's a joke. :p. Wallie is being a Wally.

Edited by Pushka

What if you didn't get the beverage package as a perk? I actually purchased it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

?????

Pat

It was a joke people:D:rolleyes:

Like my wife says: If you have to tell people it's a joke it's probably not funny.

You are correct. No one should make light of booze or liquor. Sorry to the two that I upset and yourself. Have another on me.

My guess is that it's taking so long because they discovered that those of us who purchased the premium package were even more affected by the price increases, just judging from the bits and pieces I've read from passengers reporting on the increased prices of drinks. The premium package has not increased their per glass limit..... Yet. Hope they get it sorted out because we board Equinox in 9 days.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

A thought: What if Celebrity just changed the marketing focus of the premium package and left everything else the same. Bill it is the "open options" package or similar and, yes, focus on having some more expensive drinks included, but then focus equally that you only pay incremental prices for any more expenseive drink or wine and you get a 5% bigger discounts on bottles of wine. Remember, the current package is already a discount drink package for more expensive drinks. For $10 a day more than the classic package which has a very nice package of drinks (based on the 5/19 list posted), I think $10 would be very fair to give you a much wider set of options on drinks. If you have the classic package and want to have a nice $14 a glass wine, you pay $14. If you have the premium package, that same glass of wine costs just $1. You've saved more than the $10 on that one nicer wine.

Today, the focus is on "what drinks are included"....I'm suggesting that the focus should really be on "if I spend 10 more a day, how much less will it cost me to enjoy some very good wines, some top shelf alcohol, etc."

Just a thought....

A thought: If you have the premium package, that same glass of wine costs just $1. You've saved more than the $10 on that one nicer wine.

Really ?

Today, the focus is on "what drinks are included"....I'm suggesting that the focus should really be on "if I spend 10 more a day, how much less will it cost me to enjoy some very good wines, some top shelf alcohol, etc."

Just a thought....

You must be joking.

So other than some premium wines and molecular bar, what advantage does the premium package offer now?

With the Premium Pacekage, you only pay the difference between the cost of a higher quality glass of wine and your package limit (13$). With the Classic, if it is not included, you pay the full price. As an example, on my last Equinox cruise, I was charged 1$ for a 14$ 20 years Tawny but, if I had the Classic Package, I would have been charged 14$. I hope they didn't change that.

So other than some premium wines and molecular bar, what advantage does the premium package offer now?

It's certainly likely that it will include drinks like grey goose, chevas regal, Johnny Walker Black...it should include the new bar drinks at the gastrobar, almost all the larger martini's at the martini bar, plus you only pay the incremental price for a flight of martini's or better wines, better single malts, better ports/cognac's. All that for just $10 a day more. I actually think that's a pretty good deal for all that. Of course, I'm guessing a bit on liquor prices, but I think the one's mentioned and equivalent pretty much have to be in the premium package price range.

Edited by ghstudio

Thankyou - I think now that the classic has been restored that it will suffice for us. We have a port every day, so it will just be the evening that we will want some alcohol, and the classic list will do us fine. On our last med cruise we didnt drink much at bars - we were sitting outside enjoying the beautiful med sky. And plenty on the classic package now for wine and beers, and Baileys and spirits. Quite pleased Bombay sapphire is classic.

Thankyou - I think now that the classic has been restored that it will suffice for us. We have a port every day, so it will just be the evening that we will want some alcohol, and the classic list will do us fine. On our last med cruise we didnt drink much at bars - we were sitting outside enjoying the beautiful med sky. And plenty on the classic package now for wine and beers, and Baileys and spirits. Quite pleased Bombay sapphire is classic.

We received Classic Package perk and were going to upgrade just DH to premium $11.50 per day increment for higher brands.

Then read about changes in brands for Classic Package just before we left for a cruise on 5/19 (Princess)

Interested in learning exactly what will be offered. Think it is awful that the promo offered one thing and then was changed afterward.

The first two reasons are good enough for me but how can you forget the Martini Bar :eek::D Also better liquor choices.

Edited by Christine Frances