LMT club to book hotel stay

mephistoles

Has anyone ever used Last Minute Travel club to book a stay at the Intercontinental Miami? The rates that they have is sooooo much cheaper than the hotel website so I'm wondering if there's a catch to it. Anyway, if you have booked through them were you pleased or not?

Thanks.

Have booked them 4 times for pre cruise hotels in Ft. Lauderdale and never had a problem:). Had to cancel one time and it was very easy to do it online. Credit showed on my charge card within a few days.

Based on my experiences, I would not hesitate to recommend them:D

Edited by Happy2cruise

I have booked the IC Downtown through LMT once a year for the last ~3 years and couldn't have been happier.

In fact about 10 minutes ago I just booked the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort through LMT club for this coming October.

I wouldn't hesitate to use LMT!

I booked through them for our last cruise and got a great deal on a room in NOLA. We opened our curtains the following morning and saw the Carnival Conquest awaiting us to board! I've tried finding something in Ft. Lauderdale but so far I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. If anyone has any suggestions through LMT, I would love to hear them.

I booked through them for our last cruise and got a great deal on a room in NOLA. We opened our curtains the following morning and saw the Carnival Conquest awaiting us to board! I've tried finding something in Ft. Lauderdale but so far I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. If anyone has any suggestions through LMT, I would love to hear them.

We've used them to book Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale on 17Street..We opened up our curtain cruise morning to see the Oasis...Used them again for the same this coming September..we love this hotel, location & ammenities. Have gotten the very best rates with them vs many other online sites, hotel directly and even Hilton MVP..Can't beat Last Minute Travel Club in my experience.

We have used them several times both in FLL and Boston. No problems. Once we decided to change hotels in FLL after booking and they made the change with no problem.

Once in Boston the hotel we had booked oversold the rooms - even when we had advised them we would be arriving late. That hotel sent us to another hotel - which we ended up loving. Problem was there were 3 of us (adults) and the hotel had nothing more than a king sized room available for that night. This left one of us without a bed! The hotel sent up a number of comforters, etc., and our son slept on the floor. It probably hurt me more than him. The next day the hotel was able to move us to a room that accommodated all of us.

Anyway, when we returned from our trip I wrote to LMT and they refunded one night of our stay - which amounted to about $235.00. I was more than pleased with them and have continued to use them ever since.

Not knowing your exact dates I plugged 8/23 in for one night.

I'm staying at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort in October and have read some great reviews on it. Currently on that date it is being offered on LMT CLub for $134.79 for a Studio Suite.

Previously suggested by Ashland is the Embassy Suites on 17th Street which is being offered for between $137.66 to $145.81. The options start from a King Suite to a 2 Room Suite.

These prices do not include taxes/fees which run about $20.

I've tried finding something in Ft. Lauderdale but so far I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. If anyone has any suggestions through LMT, I would love to hear them.

Are you looking for a particular hotel? You will not find all hotels available on all dates on any discount site. Everything depends on availibility and the hotels' willingness to put rooms in inventory for discount brokers.

I shop around and always book a cancellable room so I can keep shopping closer to the date. Especially if I have a hotel in mind. Sometimes I'm lucky. If not I have my second choice ready for us.

Edited by eandj

Not knowing your exact dates I plugged 8/23 in for one night.

I'm staying at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort in October and have read some great reviews on it. Currently on that date it is being offered on LMT CLub for $134.79 for a Studio Suite.

Previously suggested by Ashland is the Embassy Suites on 17th Street which is being offered for between $137.66 to $145.81. The options start from a King Suite to a 2 Room Suite.

These prices do not include taxes/fees which run about $20.

Seems LMT is close to Travelpony prices.

Aug 23, 2014 to Aug 24, 2014 - 2 Adults

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Studio Suite - 1 Bed $139 + $16 taxes/fees $155

Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale - 17th Street

Standard - 1 Bed $109 + $12 taxes/fees $121

Travelpony throws in a free welcome credit of $35 off above 200 before taxes/fees. Last time a post got deleted without notice but I see no harm in sharing the link to the credit, sharing is caring. And who hates free money after all? :)

Will look into LMT too, I like to have options when booking.

Used Priceline a few times for a round of gambling but non refundable and sometimes you just want a certain hotel/location for sure.

I've left all the big booking sites since a year or two, now even the hotels are giving you cards with the request to book directly instead of them having a 15-25% fee towards the booking sites. Even saw a poster in an elevator advertising this.. I guess it't the next change in internet booking; back to the hotels and the bargain sites who have a large quantity of bookings to make a profit.

Will look into LMT too, I like to have options when booking.

lastminutetravel.com will probably lead you to joining LMTClub.com. It is a free club that will show all the hotels and generally runs 5-10$ less than the general lastminutetravel.com site. No obligations once joining.

I use it in comparisons. SOMETIMES I do find rates lower elsewhere. So do the shopping.

Love LMT ! I would call LMT to speak to an agent because they have special prices that aren't on the website.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

I've done that before. However, I did call the 800 number yesterday for my most recent booking and we got to talking. She indicated the deal they can give on the phone is only down to the "Club" rate. I called the 800 number from LMT but told her the LMT Club rate was what I saw online to try and see if I could get it any lower. When she looked up the rate she asked if I saw it on the "Club" site or the regular site. That's when she said the Club site is the best they can do.

Didn't hurt to try and now I know.

If you call lastminutetravel.com they will come close to or match the LMTclub.com rate and also help identify hotels. From our experience, the club rate is always the lowest you can get.

I just booked a hotel and the agent said that there was an agent rate, club rate, and lmt rate. We both agreed that the agent rate was cheapest in this case. For future bookings, I will continue to call.

Good luck fellow travelers!

Love LMT ! I would call LMT to speak to an agent because they have special prices that aren't on the website.

I called a couple of times when booking rooms and each time the agent's price was $1 less than the website:confused::confused:...needless to say stopped bothering to call.

I've done that before. However, I did call the 800 number yesterday for my most recent booking and we got to talking. She indicated the deal they can give on the phone is only down to the "Club" rate. I called the 800 number from LMT but told her the LMT Club rate was what I saw online to try and see if I could get it any lower. When she looked up the rate she asked if I saw it on the "Club" site or the regular site. That's when she said the Club site is the best they can do.

Didn't hurt to try and now I know.

Have had the same experience..club price seems to always be the best they can do...but I've been very happy with that. Excited about getting Embassy for our Sept pre-cruise again at a great rate.

Edited by Ashland

Have used them several times and other friends have also. Very reliable, easy to book with, and had no problems. You do not have to join the Last Minute Travel Club either. You can register for the LMT and the rates on their website are often if you call them. If you want to know the name of a Hotel they will give you that info if you call them. We just booked the Hampton Inn/Las Olas for a pre-cruise end of March.

The reason to join the "club" is to see all the hotels' names. Saves you time when comparing to other sites.

People new to LMT should realize that this site, like other discount sites, do not have the same hotels and definitely not the same prices all the time. So what one reads here re personal experinces, can be impossible at other dates. We've had hotels booked here a couple times that later we found cheaper by $40 or more on other sites, with special discounts. Lmt wouldn't match so we cancelled. No problem and easy to do. But DO your research.

I think I read the names show up using certain small devices???

......... We've had hotels booked here a couple times that later we found cheaper by $40 or more on other sites, with special discounts. Lmt wouldn't match so we cancelled. No problem and easy to do. But DO your research.............

Hi,

I have a reservation with LMT for precruise stay for first part dec 2014.

It is for Chase Suits in Tampa - the price on LMT was a lot lower than directly with the hotel ...... but I am reading mixed reviews .... some are good and some are very bad.

So I am also looking for other web sites for a possibly other hotel ... in case if the Chase reviews do not improve.

Have you used Hotwire or what other 'places' would you recommend to use to get a discounted hotel ?

Thank you

PS. How long does it take for the reservation made with LMT to show up in the booked hotel system ? I booked with LMT about a month ago but the hotel does not have me in their system yet ( checked two days ago ).

Edited by wieslaw

The two times I cancelled with LMT...once with an addtional 15% off sale with Travelocity. Saved us about $100 with a 4 night stay. Another time I had booked Doubletree's Bahia Mar and was able to book a tower room on the hotel's family honors plan site for what I could get a marina view room for on LMT...about a 50$ a night difference.

I shop differently depending on where we are traveling. If for a hotel in a city I am very familiar with, and not looking for anything out of the ordinary, I'll use hotwire or priceline. Biggest savings there. If I really want to know the hotel, amenities, exact location etc. I won't use a blind site. I'll use lmtclub or one of the "big boys" Orbitz, travelocity or expedia. I always check hotels' sites too as every once in a while they will show up the winner;)

I don't know why it would take so long for the hotel to have you in their system. I'd definitely want the hotel's confirmation number. You can cancel up to 3 days prior to your stay with lmt with no charges.;) So keep looking. You have lots of time. And early Dec. will not be peak holdiay pricing.

Edited by eandj