Mandara Spa

FinelyCruising

Tried a search, but no luck....

I looked on line at some of the Oceania services, particularly massage. Like the idea of a Cabana Massage!

Does anyone know the earliest time of day any of the massages can be booked? I am an early riser. Also, is the best approach to book spa treatments as soon as you board as with other lines?

Thanks!

They book up on sea days..but keep in mind that after a few days they also give "specials" ( reduced prices for treatments:D )which they advertise in the daily paper they deliver to your stateroom.

How would you rate the services at Oceania's Mandara Spa? As good as your local? Better? I expect to pay more as a member of a captive audience, but would like to know what to expect in terms of quality. Also, did you like the facilities? Thank you.

Massages are pretty good, kind of pricey but to me worth it. There are some treatments that I would pass on, depends what you like. I was pleased on our last cruise that the spa gals had stopped the hard sell of "products" which they had done on previous cruises ( perhaps due to some complaints from passangers on these boards?) There is a beauty salon , I have never used it but friends said that the hairdressers were pretty good.

In any event the facilities are beautiful.

You can use the wet steam room and two showers ( in the ladies- I imagine they have th same in the mens side) and lockers for free if you want at any time ( without having any services from them). Off the locker room is a door which takes you out to the spa deck ( which now it seems they charge to use) ..there are chaise lounges out there and it is very private.

Archived