Any Turndown Chocolates?

knittinggirl

I saw a photo which looked like they had changed the brand recently

http://duncanwrites.co.uk/slir/w605/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/IMG_1322.jpg

They used to have multiple types of chocolate in a rectangle shape with different flavours that were subtle but fairly pleasant. They’ve replaced these with a much nicer little square of belgian chocolate

They used to have multiple types of chocolate in a rectangle shape with different flavours that were subtle but fairly pleasant. They’ve replaced these with a much nicer little square of belgian chocolate

We disliked the flavored kind -- seemed like most nights we got espresso or orange -- we wouldn't eat either of those. We saved a few calories :rolleyes:

The current ones are very good :)

We disliked the flavored kind -- seemed like most nights we got espresso or orange -- we wouldn't eat either of those. We saved a few calories :rolleyes:

The current ones are very good :)

And on some of the threads some people are still maintaining that Celebrity is downgrading everything. The evidence is quite clear that they have spared no expense in upgrading the pillow chocolate.

As Miched said, the new ones are easier to open. You sometimes needed scissors to unwrap the other ones. I am one who saves these little morsels every night and I really enjoy them at home (prolongs the cruise a little bit!). I happen to have one of the old hard to open ones and I measured the new one just for fun. Believe it or not, it is almost the same size because it is wider than the old one. It is also much better tasting although I liked all of the old ones except the orange ones. I'm a chocolate freak. I hope Celebrity never stops giving these. I cruise with them for the chocolates.:D:D Then I get a lot of other stuff too.:D

While I realize that some folks have been complaining that the new brand of chocolates left on the pillows during the evening turndown service are of inferior quality, I don't agree. We had the new brand of chocolates on the Connie TA, and they are indeed Belgium chocolates. I (who am a chocolate lover) found them quite delightful. And I also just loved the new thin chocolates at the Cafe al Bacio.

How funny. I preferred the old ones and especially liked the orange and espresso ones. :) Maybe we need to get together and do swappies with our chocolates.

The new ones are okay. Well, on NCL we got no chocolates whatsoever, so any chocolate is good chocolate. No real chocolate complaints here.

While I realize that some folks have been complaining that the new brand of chocolates left on the pillows during the evening turndown service are of inferior quality, I don't agree. We had the new brand of chocolates on the Connie TA, and they are indeed Belgium chocolates. I (who am a chocolate lover) found them quite delightful. And I also just loved the new thin chocolates at the Cafe al Bacio.

You also had a wonder couple from Belgium on that cruise. I understand that they brought some Belgium chocolates for some of the staff.

Edited by Orator

And on some of the threads some people are still maintaining that Celebrity is downgrading everything. The evidence is quite clear that they have spared no expense in upgrading the pillow chocolate.

Good one!:) I must agree that the new chocolates are much improved. Must be setting them back a fortune.

I agree with you. We were just on Connie as well and loved the change. My wife is also a lover of chocolate and she was willing to pay me a ransom for mine so I knew it was good. She managed to get our attendant to leave 2 per pillow and packed up the extras so she could put them on our pillows at home for a few days to savor the moment a bit longer.

Edited by cruisingsince94

I'm usually too full of food and yes alcohol to eat them lol

They go into the suitcase and come home with me to eat a week or two later.

I've suggested a chocolate and wine pairing event. Could possibly start it in your cabin :)

My wife still had several of the old flavored chocolates, from previous cruises, buried in her carryon bag. She put them out on the vanity to see what the cabin stewards would do. They lined them up and gave her extra of the new milk chocolate ones.:)

Reading the room descriptions, I didn't see "turndown treats." Have they discontinued nightly chocolate?

Chocolate and wine are mentioned. :)

On the April 14th Infinity cruise, we had the new style of chocolate Ten nights out of 15.... The other five nights we went without.:p. They ran out on our end of the ship apparently. We had room 8042.

Let's see..right in front of me is a glass of Malbec ..... Now to find some chocolate..:)

Have a great weekend.

Mike

I saw a photo which looked like they had changed the brand recently

http://duncanwrites.co.uk/slir/w605/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/IMG_1322.jpg

I actually collect all of our chocolates and take them home. Cannot see eating a chocolate right after brushing my teeth :D

These guys are quite good. I just had one last night! :)