Another Southampton Parking Query

promocollect

Thanks all

CPS booked although £65 for 4 nights parking seems steep to me.

(Put in perspective- 15 nights parking at gatwick at APH for next years carribean transatlantic on Britannia..........£71.....

Regards

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Free for me, I live next door to Gatwick and get a lift there :)

Sent from my XT890 using Forums mobile app

Well actually it's no different with Parkatmyhouse, because you arrive, simply transfer the cases into his car, drive to the port, offload the bags to the porter and say goodbye. He's there to meet us when we get back. What's the difference?

Well actually it's no different with Parkatmyhouse, because you arrive, simply transfer the cases into his car, drive to the port, offload the bags to the porter and say goodbye. He's there to meet us when we get back. What's the difference?

Is he insured to carry passengers for Hire and Reward, or does he have Business Use insurance cover?

We used easycruise parking last year and had absolutely no problems whatsoever. The guys were extremely efficient - you ring them when you're about half an hour away and they meet you on the short stay car park. We rang them when we were having breakfast on the ship when we arrived back and the car was ready waiting for us by the time we (self)-disembarked. No worries in recommending them. IMO - I would no way leave my car on a stranger's drive I'd be afraid there'd be no wheels on it when I got back ! :D

Agree with this. I used them earlier this year and have booked up for the same house driveway for October for our next cruise. 14 days for less than £50 and on a private house driveway about 5 minutes away by taxi (cost £6)

Oops, shouldn't have spoken too soon. Had an email yesterday from Parkatmyhouse saying that the owner had cancelled my parking space for my next cruise (I think they've put their house on the market.)

So a bit of looking around last came up with CPS at £152 or another Parkatmyhouse.co.uk off-road parking space (with CCTV security and not overlooked by the adjacent road but overlooked by the houses next door) at just under £60. Taking taxis into account - £72. Guess which one I've gone for?

Which means more spending money for the wife ;)

Hi Promocollect

Try ACP(Alternative Cruise Parking) they are situated over at Marchwood where they have a secure parking site and shuttle you to and from Soton. They are very friendly, efficient and I am more than happy to recommend them.

I second the above excellent friendly service, we used them on our May cruise this year

Oops, shouldn't have spoken too soon. Had an email yesterday from Parkatmyhouse saying that the owner had cancelled my parking space for my next cruise (I think they've put their house on the market.)

So a bit of looking around last came up with CPS at £152 or another Parkatmyhouse.co.uk off-road parking space (with CCTV security and not overlooked by the adjacent road but overlooked by the houses next door) at just under £60. Taking taxis into account - £72. Guess which one I've gone for?

Which means more spending money for the wife ;)

You should have tried Parking4cruises as they virtually do exactly the same as CPS but instead of dropping car off by terminal they meet you at short stay car park across road from terminal. No messing just as quick as CPS and no bother with taxis just quoted me 14nts for £97.

Not sure how far people have to travel but as we stay in Scotland it's over 8 hours for us to drive to southampton.

We use the de vere new place at shirrell Heath. It's £199 for dinner, bed, breakfast, parking and return private taxis to the port (which take about 25 minutes)

For us it's a lovely way to start the holiday and have an early nite so we aren't ruining the first day of our cruise through tiredness :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually I have changed my mind and had a look at Parking4Cruises. £115 for 21 nights instead of £219 with CPS. Right at the port as well. You drop your bags and then meet them at the short stay car park. Price for Parkatmyhouse was £105, so think I prefer the security with Parking4cruises.

• 1 month later...
Not sure how far people have to travel but as we stay in Scotland it's over 8 hours for us to drive to southampton.

We use the de vere new place at shirrell Heath. It's £199 for dinner, bed, breakfast, parking and return private taxis to the port (which take about 25 minutes)

For us it's a lovely way to start the holiday and have an early nite so we aren't ruining the first day of our cruise through tiredness :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We too are fans of New place. We stayed there twice last year before our cruises. This year we are looking at a cruise in September that sails on a Sunday. New Place is full & so are lots of other hotels as it's Southampton boat show, so we are unsure what to do