Cancelling a dining reservation - Help?

I have tried to read through the other threads, but didn't find anything.

I am trying to cancel a dining reservation. When I booked it, it only booked for my DH and I, and my daughters didn't get added. So, I am trying to add them. Nothing is working.

I tried cancelling it. I get an error

I tried going through and setting up another reservation at the same time. But, I get to the end and it wants my credit card info (for a free restuarant).

I tried adding my daughters to the reservation, and the time is available, so I end up with a 9:30 dining time.

Am I going to have to call?

I have tried to read through the other threads, but didn't find anything.

I am trying to cancel a dining reservation. When I booked it, it only booked for my DH and I, and my daughters didn't get added. So, I am trying to add them. Nothing is working.

I tried cancelling it. I get an error

I tried going through and setting up another reservation at the same time. But, I get to the end and it wants my credit card info (for a free restuarant).

I tried adding my daughters to the reservation, and the time is available, so I end up with a 9:30 dining time.

Am I going to have to call?

Yes. For any Dynamic Dining question you may have, the answer is call. If it seems like their is no way you could possibly have to call for such a small thing, the answer is call. Today I called because I've been checking the time slots that are available for different days and one opened up that I wanted. In the past trying to rebook cancels the wrong day and trying to modify scrambles the people. Calling they mess up anyway and book both times, but atleast I have the one I want then. Today I called about a time I wanted and they told me it wasn't in their system. When I questioned them previously about having times I didn't know were available but now several times also saying ones that I see do not exist, I was told their system is not linked with ours. Their system has the actual details and what they see is what's factual. When I asked how to go about checking for the days I want to change times he said to wait till I get onboard or call every day and someone will gladly go through each day individually and check for the times. He flat out said the site is not accurate and not to bother checking anymore. So the answer to every question is call. When my one reservation messed up like your they put a ticket in for IT, they didn't fix it. So while on the phone with me he called someone up to take care of it because he couldn't correct that issue himself (like many things that are broken beyond anyones repair). It is a mess and trying to deal with anything on your own seems to be a waste of time. At this point they've now confirmed that every single aspect of the online Dynamic Dining site does not function and the only self service aspect of it is that we can call them ourselves to try and take care of everything. Anything you try to do will have a very high likely hood of causing a negative ripple effect, so don't even bother trying to take care of it yourself.

Edited by DEIx15x8

I called today as I changed a time but it did not show as new time. And the last two nights of jan. 23 cruise not listed. The rep said give it at least a week and try again. She said there are so many bugs in the system and it will take a week at least to straighten out.

Had the same problem last week. I am double booked for two days. One day has my husband twice at one time, me at another. Canceling doesn't work. Modify doesn't work....Called rep who could not help. Tried callig again, this rep couldn't help and said IT will need to fix it and she will email in a couple of weeks. Not believing that will happen....

Had the same problem last week. I am double booked for two days. One day has my husband twice at one time, me at another. Canceling doesn't work. Modify doesn't work....Called rep who could not help. Tried callig again, this rep couldn't help and said IT will need to fix it and she will email in a couple of weeks. Not believing that will happen....

I have the same problem. It's impossible to do yourself, and the reps can't do it either. So.....:confused:

We have called so many times to get our reservations straightened out.....we are sick of it. At this point going to just wait for a while then hope we can get what we want. Every time any adjustment is made something gets messed up more and it's just too frustrating. As previous posters said, now double booked a couple nights or times that are too late a couple nights. Hopefully it all works out...........:rolleyes:

Agree, calling is the only answer and I'm also very frustrated with the process. The incompetent IT dept is making the lives of customers and service reps very difficult.

It's been going on for so long and yet somehow the service reps are still for the most part keeping a pleasant demeanor, no idea how, I wouldn't be able to. Interestingly in the past few days I've noticed that they have started to express their own displeasure with IT as well and it oddly makes me feel better when they do. I think it's because it's the first real admission from anyone within RCCL that this system is a failure which I've been waiting to hear for weeks. I'm still disappointed that not a single person in Miami has felt the need to acknowledge the issue, not a single statement to ease all the frustrations customers are feeling. I couldn't even get excursions to work and that is a fleet wide area, not Quantum related at all.

Had the same problem last week. I am double booked for two days. One day has my husband twice at one time, me at another. Canceling doesn't work. Modify doesn't work....Called rep who could not help. Tried calling again, this rep couldn't help and said IT will need to fix it and she will email in a couple of weeks. Not believing that will happen....

Ditto...... I have spent Countless hours on the phone, sent e-mails and things are still Screwed up. RCCL should be ashamed to put out a such a lousy Web site!

Edited by ccaxle

Rep told me yesterday that at this time, they can't cancel any reservations. Just be patient -- I think it will all work out. But DH will have a hard time being at a 7:15 and a 7:30 reservation!

I've cancelled dinners and shows....no problem.

I thought I cancelled my dinner, but when I called in to reschedule they told me that I already had a reservation that night at the place I cancelled.

Yesterday I spent one hour and 37 minutes on the phone - including 24 minutes of waiting for a representative. I had been trying to change dinner reservations, and it seemed as if it was all going through until the very end. So I finally broke down and called. Apparently our friends' reservation was locked by someone so I waited on hold for around 45 minutes for IT to "unlock" it.

I finally, with the help of customer service, managed to change a show to allow a normal dinner time on one night. The other 9:00 p.m. reservations got moved to 8:45. She said to call back in a week or two to move those dinner times earlier little by little.

She also told me that they will be adding more shows - we have a number of nights where there isn't anything to do. So once those shows get added, we'll have to redo the dining process again.

Also, as a point of interest, and not particularly scientific, this customer service rep told me that American Icon seemed to be the most popular of the venues, and Silk the least popular.