Best Full Suite on S Class

Cruise Junky

Lol, Jenna, I too was going to recommend the Penthouse.

Seriously though, the Royal suite OR THE Penthouse. We toured these in April, as well as Jenna's suite;) an aft corner ? Jenna, was that a Celebrity suite? I loved your accommodation. I thought it also was covered with a slight overhang.

We had a CC cabin crawl and every category was represented, and a very nice lady, Darcie, let us tour her Penthouse Suite. Also had a baby grand piano, like on the M Class. Nice hot tub on the deck as well. I think it was cabin 1611 or 1616? At any rate, there are two PHs on each S Class

The Royal Suite was nice too and also had a hot tub on Deck, separate living room with dining table which seated six.

Edited by 4cats4me

Lol, Jenna, I too was going to recommend the Penthouse.

Seriously though, the Royal suite OR THE Penthouse. We toured these in April, as well as Jenna's suite;) an aft corner ? Jenna, was that a Celebrity suite? I loved your accommodation. I thought it also was covered with a slight overhang.

We had a CC cabin crawl and every category was represented, and a very nice lady, Darcie, let us tour her Penthouse Suite. Also had a baby grand piano, like on the M Class. Nice hot tub on the deck as well. I think it was cabin 1611 or 1616? At any rate, there are two PHs on each S Class

The Royal Suite was nice too and also had a hot tub on Deck, separate living room with dining table which seated six.

He said no aft, so that cabin was out. It was an S1 Sky Suite, definitely a nice cabin.

We can't see booking a penthouse personally, unless we get a really super good deal (hasn't happened yet) or we have a lot of family onboard (also not yet).

So, based on the cabins we've been in, and the cabins we've booked this is our preferences:

S-Class: we like the corner S1s (and would consider the after S2s). We don't love the CS because of lack of in room dining table for a "true" suite, so don't see the value up paying more than the S1 (exept _maybe_ Michaels), so we'd probably skip that and book a Royal Suite instead. The Royal Suite on S-Class is a beautiful cabin, and while we like it, we haven't had the opportunity to book or sail in one.

M-Class: We would likely only consider 6145/6146 in S Class as they are larger cabins with bigger bathrooms than other Sky Suites on M-Class. The CS on M-Class are WONDERFUL cabins we really like, with amazing views / windows and a great closet / vanity set-up. We didn't hesitate to book this cabin again. The RS is nice, with more benefits (as of April) so we have quite a few cruises in them, especially after the new benefits, but we may miss those windows and the closet set-up we liked.

The penthouse on both classes are exceptionally beautiful cabins with plenty of space.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I would also have to vote for the Penthouse or Royal Suites. There is no Reflection Suite on Eclipse. The central position of the PH and RS are excellent. On S-class ships, both have two bathrooms and a proper dining table neither of which apply to the Celebrity Suites. You say your friends are looking for a "full Suite". The Sky suites are only a single room and not, I believe, what you would call a full suite.

I have read reports of noise problems with some of the Royal Suites but, from experience on a lively New Year cruise, I can assure you that the PH is exceptionally quiet. The PH also has the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on.

You do not mention which cruise is being considered. If it is from April 2015 onwards, you also need to consider the Suite Class which is being introduced then. Only the PH and RS get the full benefit package.

Edited by Project_gal

I think a CS or RS on "S" class....no the CS does not have a dining room but it has a great table on the veranda which will seat 4 and the butler will bring extra chairs if you need them.....would rather eat on the veranda anyway unless on a cold weather trip.....and the difference in price on the last cruise I was on was over $2000 per person......

The RS is wonderful though so if money is not important that's what I would pick....

There are two PS suites on S Class, both mid-ships but directly under the entrance to the pool deck, as are the adjoining four RS suites. Cabin numbers are 16XX on deck 11. The Penthouses are definitely the top of the tree but you may have some issues with noise from above, especially early morning when staff are setting up and you are slumbering.

The RS is a very nice and roomy suite for two people and unless you have serious megalomania or want to play the piano every evening, should suit most people very well. We avoided deck 11 and instead went for one of the four RS on deck 10. Quiet, centrally located and with a good view forward without too much breeze when under way.

As others have said, if you are looking at Reflection then there is the option of the single Reflection Suite, which really is going to be the bees knees or one of the Signature Suites. These are all at the front of the ship so might experience a bit more pitching in lively seas.

Whichever you choose, RS or above, you will have access to Blu and are unlikely to be turned away, even with AQ passengers in the line behind you. Depending on when the sailing is, the deal is changing to include private dining, booze package and some other bits and bobs. If not included in the package I'd recommend the speciality dining - the MDR quality and service isn't up to the standard you might expect for the real estate you are paying for.

Have been in the PH on the Solstice (upgraded) and it is wonderful. The balcony is the length of the suite and has lots of space for relaxing.

It is quiet and was never disturbed by any noise from above.

The bed is huge and very very comfortable. The main bathroom is overwhelming. It has a 2 person jacuzzi with a TV set, a 2 person huge shower and 2 sinks plus a toilet room.

The living room is very comfortable and the dining room table can accomodate 8 people.

The PH suite is in the middle of the ship and is very very nice.

I hope that this description helps your friends.

There are two PS suites on S Class, both mid-ships but directly under the entrance to the pool deck, as are the adjoining four RS suites. Cabin numbers are 16XX on deck 11. The Penthouses are definitely the top of the tree but you may have some issues with noise from above, especially early morning when staff are setting up and you are slumbering.

I have to disagree about the PHs. If you look carefully at the deck plans, they are not under any area which may be noisy and, as I said previously, 1611 was really quiet even on a very lively New Years cruise. That we have it booked for two more cruises speaks volumes. However, I have read reports about some of the RS being noisy. If money is not an issue as the OP states, I would always choose a PH over a RS.

Edited by Project_gal

The main bathroom is overwhelming. It has a 2 person jacuzzi with a TV set, a 2 person huge shower and 2 sinks plus a toilet room.

We always joke that you could move the baby grand into the master bathroom and still hold a party in there!

I have to disagree about the PHs. If you look carefully at the deck plans, they are not under any area which may be noisy and, as I said previously, 1611 was really quiet even on a very lively New Years cruise. That we have it booked for two more cruises speaks volumes. However, I have read reports about some of the RS being noisy. If money is not an issue as the OP states, I would always choose a PH over a RS.

Well, if you look carefully at the deck plan as you suggest, you see that half of the penthouse is beneath a public toilet and the entry to the pool deck. The attached photo, complete with cabin numbers above and below illustrates the point.

However, I defer to your first hand experience and will book a PH next time, confident in the knowledge that I can slumber undisturbed until midday. That's if I can get one next time, hence the reason why I booked 1612 RS last time out but changed and dropped down a deck after I'd read the reviews.

1208830564_Solsticecabinlocationphoto.jpg.488eb13523a1800b529fd334b5497782.jpg

Well, if you look carefully at the deck plan as you suggest, you see that half of the penthouse is beneath a public toilet and the entry to the pool deck. The attached photo, complete with cabin numbers above and below illustrates the point.

However, I defer to your first hand experience and will book a PH next time, confident in the knowledge that I can slumber undisturbed until midday. That's if I can get one next time, hence the reason why I booked 1612 RS last time out but changed and dropped down a deck after I'd read the reviews.

Remember, this is a LONG suite and I am fairly certain the bedroom is actually in the rear of the suite with cabins above, not public space. The part with the public space above is in the living room area.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Remember, this is a LONG suite and I am fairly certain the bedroom is actually in the rear of the suite with cabins above, not public space. The part with the public space above is in the living room area.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

And from [a very hazy New Year's Eve] memory, the little public space above the PH that is not public restroom [hardly a noisy area] is carpeted.

The RS is a very nice and roomy suite for two people and unless you have serious megalomania or want to play the piano every evening, should suit most people very well. We avoided deck 11 and instead went for one of the four RS on deck 10. Quiet, centrally located and with a good view forward without too much breeze when under way.

As others have said, if you are looking at Reflection then there is the option of the single Reflection Suite, which really is going to be the bees knees or one of the Signature Suites. These are all at the front of the ship so might experience a bit more pitching in lively seas.

Whichever you choose, RS or above, you will have access to Blu and are unlikely to be turned away, even with AQ passengers in the line behind you. Depending on when the sailing is, the deal is changing to include private dining, booze package and some other bits and bobs. If not included in the package I'd recommend the speciality dining - the MDR quality and service isn't up to the standard you might expect for the real estate you are paying for.

We cruised on a deck 11 RS last year, noise was not a big issue, but we could hear things from time to time. This year we chose one on deck 10. I also like having the Library close by. :)