As of May 2104 does Royal Princess have glass duelling pianos?

pilotsh

The website says they do, but the video has ONE ugly black one. Has anyone been on Royal Princess within the last two months (April/May 2014) who can please confirm or deny?

Thanks in advance

The website says they do, but the video has ONE ugly black one. Has anyone been on Royal Princess within the last two months (April/May 2014) who can please confirm or deny?

Thanks in advance

We were on the Royal at the end of April, beginning of May. No dueling pianos. No glass pianos.

We were on the Royal at the end of April, beginning of May. No dueling pianos. No glass pianos.

They were not present on the T/A last October as well. I do not believe they were ever installed/put on board when the ship launched. My guess (even though I could be wrong) is that it was due to cost savings.

Bob

Probably a victim of cost cutting. It was a great idea, but it wasn't the only cut. They stuck with silly gimmicks like the water show instead. Operating costs of dueling glass pianos may have done it in as well.

Probably a victim of cost cutting. It was a great idea, but it wasn't the only cut. They stuck with silly gimmicks like the water show instead. Operating costs of dueling glass pianos may have done it in as well.

Well, since they would have had to have 2 glass pianos, someone to keep them in tune, 2 piano entertainers to feed, pay and house, plus utilize some extensive real estate to house the pianos in what is a very popular venue, I think that might have been the case. Plus, I enjoy most of the piano entertainers and I think putting 2 on the stage at the same time could be somewhat un-entertaining, unless that was their schtick.

It would be awesome to see though.

Well, since they would have had to have 2 glass pianos, someone to keep them in tune, 2 piano entertainers to feed, pay and house, plus utilize some extensive real estate to house the pianos in what is a very popular venue, I think that might have been the case. Plus, I enjoy most of the piano entertainers and I think putting 2 on the stage at the same time could be somewhat un-entertaining, unless that was their schtick.

It would be awesome to see though.

If these things are done right, they provide their own show. People line up in Boston on streets to get into the Dueling Piano club, Howl at the Moon. I don't think Princess would try to do something like that, but these places take piano bars to a new level.