Price Drop Confusion

Hi everyone, quick question.

My parents are going on Freedom of the Seas on June 1st. They called Royal to see if they could get an upgrade since the prices had dropped for a balcony ($1800) cheaper than what they paid for an inside room ($1900). Royal stated that they would end up paying $106 since the prices on the site are for the going going gone sale not the actual price that they could get. Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot,

Sara

My parents are going on Freedom of the Seas on June 1st. They called Royal to see if they could get an upgrade since the prices had dropped for a balcony ($1800) cheaper than what they paid for an inside room ($1900). Royal stated that they would end up paying $106 since the prices on the site are for the going going gone sale not the actual price that they could get. Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot,

Sara

Is the sale specifically stated "for new bookings only"? ken

Thanks a lot,

Sara

That sale is likely restricted to new bookings. They usually don't let people upgrade without paying more money if the new price is restricted. Still, I'd jump at the change to go from an inside to a balcony for $106!

Edited by clarea

That sale is likely restricted to new bookings. They usually don't let people upgrade without paying more money if the new price is restricted. Still, I'd jump at the change to go from an inside to a balcony for $106!

After checking today's flyer I was coming back to post this very thing.

For $106 I would also jump on it!!!:D

Guest maddycat

That's great. Their only problem will be that once they have cruised in a balcony cabin they'll always want a balcony.

That's great. Their only problem will be that once they have cruised in a balcony cabin they'll always want a balcony.

That's not necessarily true. I found that unless it's the dead of winter, I sweat to death on a balcony. Only had one other since my first and that was to please my wife. I much prefer a PT or OV cabin and love the extra jingle in my pocket. Now, if they ever decided to enclose the balconies and add A/C, then i would reconsider.