To the writers of reviews

Mytime2014

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Most especially the live from because of the internet costs and/or having to lug your device into ports. You make it so real and personal and cut away at my anxieties about the little things. With your reports, I can see myself there - at dinner at the MDR or Lido, at a puzzle table [for hours if I get into it!] or on the deck.

I might even watch trivia, I can't see me getting in a game - but who knows.

You give me a picture of one week with nothing to stress about, and I need that.

Mary wants to know about shuffle board , dancing, and bridge games. I think I've seen bridge in the daily program.

For me - lazy hours of watching the view and the people, interspersed with afternoon tea, occasional happy hour, and trips to the gym and/or walking with the oceanview.

Thanks for keeping me focused on the cruise!!

You will love it! I love the reviews also and I've been on 4 cruises. I especially like the food pictures.

Yes, they have bridge games, mah jong games, etc. Of course shuffleboard, what cruiseline worth it's salt doesn't have Mah jong! :D

I kind of like Mary's suggestion about shuffle board, I have not seen it on my last couple ships. I think it would be nice to offer it on all ships.

:)

The 'board' has been on nearly all the ships we have been on and probably the equipment nearby but it does not seem to be part of the organised games by the cruise staff they would rather toss a quoite on a champagne bottle in the atrium

Shuffle board is pretty much gone -- you can't even find the equipment on some ships.

Quoits -- gone.

Board games -- listed "maybe" for some cruises -- show up -- we did once -- no one else did.

The staff to handle all these games has been cut drastically.

Used to also have mini golf games -- in the pool and in the atrium.

Bridge -- every day at 2 PM -- unhosted.

Shuffle board is pretty much gone -- you can't even find the equipment on some ships.

Quoits -- gone.

Board games -- listed "maybe" for some cruises -- show up -- we did once -- no one else did.

The staff to handle all these games has been cut drastically.

Used to also have mini golf games -- in the pool and in the atrium.

Bridge -- every day at 2 PM -- unhosted.

My friend will not be happy if there is no shuffleboard on the Westerdam!! I'll make sure she knows about the bridge times.

Take ALL reviews with a grain of salt.

They are one persons opinion of their cruise. Someone on the same cruise may have had a totally different experience.

I agree - but if no one wrote them, then those of us who never sailed would have no clue. It is pretty darn easy to pick out the 'issues' of people posting, whether they are grumpy, happy, aiming to please the audience, angry before they go, cliquey - the list goes on. I bet if I could talk my friend into writing a review when we get back we would have COMPLETELY different perceptions - whether we both loved the cruise or both hated it, there would be different perceptions.

I appreciate the time and effort of those who do it - I learn a lot from them all.

I kind of like Mary's suggestion about shuffle board, I have not seen it on my last couple ships. I think it would be nice to offer it on all ships.

:)

You will find it on the upper outdoor decks on the HAL ships.:)Enjoy.